The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

Have You Looked At The Standings Lately?

2012-05-28

NEW JERSEY - It's been nearly 30 games and the Virtual Hockey League is slowly closing in on the half-way mark. Though not clear and set in stone at this point, many teams start to present themselves as contenders, vying for the cup. Among this crowd are the New Jersey Devils.

What?

Yes, you read it correctly.

Heading in to their 30th game, when they visit the Tamp Bay Lightning, the Devils find thesmelves at the top of the leaderboards with 43 points and 20 wins. Prior to this season, not much was expected from the Devils. Their own GM, Alain Vigneault, said the team would be very lucky to challenge for a playoff spot. But from the looks of it, they have been far from lucky. Could you even call it luck at this point?

Leading the way has been newly-named captain Travis Zajac, along with linemates Patrick Elias and Jeff Skinner. Supporting them has been Ilya Kovalchuk, Logan Coutre, Clarke MacArthur, and Dainius Zubrus's duties. The goaltending they've received has been remarkable since Broduer signed his extension this past summer. And not to be forgotten, the defence has been spectacular, led by Volchenkov, Greene, free-agent signing Jackman, and sophomore Adam Larsson. It may not be a team full of stars, aside from Kovalchuk, but it's a group of guys that Alain Vigneault calls "worker bees"

"It's been a great effort from everybody right now. Kovalchuk, Zajac, and Elias have really amped their games and we're getting a solid performance from all four of our lines" said Alain Vigneault. "Will it continue? We can only hope but the confidence in this group we have right now is very high and we feel we can do some serious damage this year."

The Devils try to stay as modest as possible and not get caught up with this success. "We know as well as anybody that success can be a temporary thing. We like to take it one game at a time and perform when we have to. It's all part of our process in competing in 82 games and translating that to the playoffs."

You can catch the results of tonight's game against the Lightning at 7 PM PST.

Note to all GMs -

I will be heading down to the States in a couple of hours, will not be back until Wednesday morning.

If you feel the need to make a trade from now until then, please send them in to Srs. (Please also include me in the PM)

Any trade that is in my inbox now does not have to be sent to Srs, I will post them before I leave. Any trades starting now should be sent to Srs.

Box issues:

James VR

Mikhail Grabovski

Zach Bogosian

Mark Stuart (Two wrong teams)

Eric Fehr (" " ")

Arturs Kulda (" " ")

Andrej Nestrasil (" " ")

Johnny Oduya (" " ")

Tanner Glass (" " ")

Almost everyone on my team has one box from a team hes never played on, but there are no stats for it so no harm done7

Mark Schiefele

Carl Klingberg

Derrick Pouliot

Trade Announcements:

To medium.png: F Alexandre Burrows, F Maxim Lapierre, 2013 VAN 2nd Round Pick, 2013 VAN 3rd Round Pick

To medium.png: F Patrik Berglund, D Jason Garrison, 2013 DET 1st Round Pick

---------------------------------

To medium.png: F Cam Atkinson

To medium.png: F Nikita Kucherov, 2014 PHX 4th Round Pick

Trade Announcements:

To medium.png: F Alexandre Burrows, F Maxim Lapierre, 2013 VAN 2nd Round Pick, 2013 VAN 3rd Round Pick

To medium.png: F Patrik Berglund, D Jason Garrison, 2013 DET 1st Round Pick

---------------------------------

To medium.png: F Cam Atkinson

To medium.png: F Nikita Kucherov, 2014 PHX 4th Round Pick

Thorns in One's Side No Longer

alexburrows1-thumb-250x378-18631-thumb-250x378-18632.jpg?w=179

The Detroit Red Wings are extremely pleased to have acquired Alex Burrows and Max Lapierre from the Vancouver Canucks. The Red Wings have lacked an agitator-type player and have coveted a player like Alex for some time. Burrows can play in all situations and has proven to be a big-game player and we hope he will have success in HockeyTown.

109754354_display_image.jpg?1299257632

The Red Wings would also like to welcome Max Lapierre to the organization. We admire his work ethic and defensive ability and as such Max will be a mainstay of our 4th line and PK units. The coaching staff believes we can help him play efficiently and effectively without taking too many unnecessary penalties.

Finally, we would like thank Jason Garrison and Patrik Berglund for their services in Detroit. The emergence of Griffins like Brendan Smith and Gustav Nyquist in the AHL have made an impression on the organization and we feel that those two will be making their way to the pro club in the very near future. We have nothing but good things to say about Garrison and Berglund and wish them the best of luck in Vancouver.

Chimon, thats the first trade of yours thats made me go...uhhh, wtf? I strongly disagree with this move - even though Im a huge Lappi/Burr fan, Berglund + 1st + Garrison is huge overpayment.

Archived