The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

Will update the league file ~5:30PM PST. Sims will stay at the scheduled 6:00PM PST - however, might push it back for 10-15 minutes (think of it as delay in puck drop).

Will continue contract negotiations and trade approvals when I get home. :)

***Injuries, Healthy Scratches and Call-ups***

If you're a team who is tight against the cap and is only carrying the minimum amount of players (12 forwards, 6 D-men, 2 goalies = 20 players), note that you will be allowed to call up a player from the farm and he will be safe from re-entry waivers as it would be an "emergency call-up". The injured player's cap-hit will not count against you, but the call-up's cap-hit will, so you can't call up anybody who will put you over the ceiling. You must replace the injured player, you can't play with less than 20 players.

However, the player that is injured must be put on Long-term Injury Reserve, meaning he will not be able to play for a minimum of 10 games or 24 days.

So if one of your players gets seriously injured and is put on the LTIR, it's fine. But if it's a day-to-day thing, you still have to put the player on LTIR and lose him for 10 games or 24 days. This will be costly if one of your better players gets a minor injury... he will be lost for a long time even if he heals after taking a couple days off.

Therefore, I advise everyone to make room for some healthy scratches on the main roster so you're not gambling with injuries. If you have extra players, you don't have to put your injured players on the LTIR to remove their cap-hit, so they can come back whenever they are ready.

Let me know if you guys need further clarification.

Are there waivers in the off-season?

If I trade for a player in the minors, do they have to pass through waivers again before being dealt?

Players may NOT play out of position. Roster fines in cap hit will be incurred by the offending team. The penalty for playing a player out of position if caught will be suspension from play for the offending player for 1 simulation game. The CDC VHL stresses the importance of building depth. As in the NHL, teams with great depth win championships. Of note, according to the makers of the simulator, their performance will be reduced if they play at a position other than that at which they are listed.

Archived