The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

Guest AriGold

Not on Belarus Caboose.. Only nhl player I got is Grabovski, who will likely play 30 min a game, I might get the kostitsyns is carolina and calgary gets the boot. Other then that the belarus has 2 complete Andrei lines with 3 goalies who wouldn't make Ilyas AHL team, haha.

Guest AriGold

So Thor, who do you take out to add Toews, Sharp, Keith, Seabrooke and Spezza ? Haha.. Can't be Riberio ??!!??!!

wpid-Vancouver-Canucks-vs-Edmonton-Oilers1.jpg

Vancouver Canucks (3) vs. Edmonton Oilers (6) Playoff Preview

Background: The Canucks and Oilers have seen a lot of each over the last two seasons, and it has been fairly balanced matchup. During the 2011/2012 season the season series was an even 3-3. This year the Oilers held themselves against the high flying Canucks, posting the 2-3-1 against the Canucks.

Vancouver Keys to Victory: Once you get past the big names in Edmonton it starts to thin out and lacks the playoff expirence of a team like the Canucks enjoy. Vancouver could easily expose this with the home ice advantage and try to get the big boys out on the ice for favorable matchups. The Canucks also dominate in the crease. Roberto Luongo has continues to show why he is the best in the league, while the Oilers shuffled through three starting goalies during the season (Khabibulin, Dubnyk, and Neimi). Time points out again and again that teams that win the Stanley Cup have a solid number one goaltender.

Vancouver's VHL Playoff Record: 2 rounds, 7-5-0

Vancouver Stanley Cup Rings: Evgeni Malkin, Brad Marchand

Edmonton Key to Victory: Shut down the Sedins and Malkin. The Canucks rely heavily on the big three and have only one other 20 goal scorer (Matt Moulson). Markov, Weber, White, and Whitney will all need to give the Oilers consistent defence and narrow in on the 'Nucks top line. Outside of that the Oil will count on the deadly top six of Horton, Hopkins, Hall, Thornton, Marleau, and Smyth. The bar is raise form the Oiler group that got knocked out last year but the additions of veteran players like Weber, Thornton, Marleau, Halpern, and Neimi should help out. Really Edmonton was only two wins back of Vancouver for the season and has the ability to make the series go the distance.

Edmonton's VHL Playoff Record: 1 round, 3-4-0

Edmonton Stanley Cup Rings: Antti Neimi, Nathan Horton

Ryan-Nugent-Hopkins1.jpg

Day 1

Flyers 2 - Penguins 1

Canadiens 1 - Hurricanes 4

Capitals 3 - Lightning 5

Sabres 4 - Devils 3

Kings 2 - Blackhawks 1

Blue Jackets 3 - Flames 1

Canucks 1 - Oilers 2

Wild 2 - Red Wings 4

The HTML's are not uploading for some reason, but I think I know why. Should be fixed in 5 minutes.

Archived