The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

3) and also if we do have draft picks I think you should keep it to Rounds 1-3 , easier to manage 90 new players as opposed to 150.

maybe Rounds 1-2 is all we really need, because half of the time, draft picks from 3-5 are recklessly traded around and just adds unjustified clutter to trades

Dislike. This punishes GMs who do their homework and go the extra mile to try to draft late round gems.

WTF? All players exist. Just because you didn't have the foresight to pick real life, off-the-board players doesn't mean other teams aren't allowed. OTB prospects can easily be verified via sites like eliteprospects anyway.

1) does simming games take up huge amounts of time?

2) and will you have scouting reports like C.Schneider did or just will you just post descriptions of players at 3 intervals : beginning, middle, end with their potential, play-styles, rankings etc...

*I think the latter is better

3) and also if we do have draft picks I think you should keep it to Rounds 1-3 , easier to manage 90 new players as opposed to 150.

maybe Rounds 1-2 is all we really need, because half of the time, draft picks from 3-5 are recklessly traded around and just adds unjustified clutter to trades, plus its hard to draft gems during rounds 3-5 b/c these players don't really exist

4) will it be 2 or 3 sim days per real day ?

thats not what i mean

adding an extra 60 players only adds extra work for Krazz to go through

and how do you "do your homework" if these players don't exist, the basis of you picking the players if from scouting reports, rankings and descriptions

e.g. in CDC STHS schneider didn't bother posting descriptions of players pass 60 (i think) , so essentially your just blind drafting

Not blind; Some of us actually look at the stats of players past 60 and don't go BPA (which is essentially blind IMO). Many GMs also scout beyond 2 rounds.

Players that exist in the real world but don't show up in the EHM Rankings still exist in EHM, they're just unranked. Also, it's possible to create players as it is done with prospects that aren't inherently in the sim from the beginning.

CDC Username: Daniel Carcillo

Contact e-mail: ym-cdc.money@hotmail.com

Past experiences in fantasy hockey: RGMG, RGMG 2K12, CDCGML, Various Sim Leagues

Preferred Team #1: Washington Capitals

Preferred Team #2: St. Louis Blues

If you were hired for Preferred Team #1, what are your realistic goals for the team in the coming 2-3 seasons?

Winning the Stanley Cup. With the core Washington has along with it's abundance of young players, I believe I can guide them to the right to direction, and that's winning a Cup.

It's what I'm saying. Just because GM Mike Gillis is replaced by Stutter doesn't mean that Mason Raymond is "magically" able to play. Much like how when Mike Gillis replaced Dave Nonis, Sami Salo still retained his NTC.

If there are enough draft eligible players "in real life," there will be no need for EHM generated prospects.

Unfortunately, we're currently full. If you'd like, I can put you down on the waitlist and contact you when a spot opens up in the future. :)

oh so the prospect eligibility will be based on real life prospects and their respective rankings? and unranked/ undrafted players e.g. Tanev, Datsyuk etc etc...

thing with those unranked/undrafted players is will their potential be geared to where they are picked (if the player is unranked) or on their future sucess

b/c i could see a problem of someone picking the next datysuk, that doesn't produce in the real life NHL for 5 years, thereby meaning the basis of his ratings and potential in the sim wouldn't have any correlation to the real life player

*granted development will be different between real life and the sim

so like as of now, kind of like:

1) yakupov

2) grigorenko

3) murray

oh so the prospect eligibility will be based on real life prospects and their respective rankings? and unranked/ undrafted players e.g. Tanev, Datsyuk etc etc...

thing with those unranked/undrafted players is will their potential be geared to where they are picked (if the player is unranked) or on their future sucess

b/c i could see a problem of someone picking the next datysuk, that doesn't produce in the real life NHL for 5 years, thereby meaning the basis of his ratings and potential in the sim wouldn't have any correlation to the real life player

*granted development will be different between real life and the sim

I would suggest that if GMs pick an unranked player, that GM will have to provide documentation (a trusted source, e.g. that player's team website, articles from HF/HF boards, RLR, FC, etc.) on that player's stats/skills for Krazz to create the prospect (makes it easier to assign ratings).

Archived