Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12655 replies to this topic

#31 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Can I reserve Winnipeg and post my application when I have more time?

GM hiring will not be based on a "first come first serve" basis. Instead, it will be coupled with multiple filters and an extensive process to ensure quality GM appointments. Please follow the format below when applying for a GM vacancy. Each applicant will be required to PM me the detailed form

I think it's okay if you're applying late ~

Edited by BunBun, 07 November 2011 - 10:34 AM.

Posted Image

#32 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

Im excited about this league ! I really want to be apart of a fantasy draft one day though !

They look like so much fun.

#33 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

CDC Username: Niloc009
Contact e-mail: niloc009@gmail.com
Past experiences in fantasy hockey: Assistant GM of LAK in previous STHS league, ran a fantasy league with friends, ran a (failed) NHL 12 league on CDC
Preferred Team #1: Whichever team is willing to take on an assistant GM and AHL GM. I work close to 40h per week and have a girlfriend, so a full GM is a bit out of the question for me
Preferred Team #2: See above :)

If you were hired for Preferred Team #1, what are your realistic goals for the team in the coming 2-3 seasons?
To develop the prospects of my GM's farm team, help with drafts, and give a realistic second opinion on trades.

ANYONE NEEDING AN ASSISTANT GM MESSAGE ME EITHER BY PM OR IN THIS THREAD

Edited by Niloc009, 07 November 2011 - 11:15 AM.

zuhwS.gif

#34 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

CDC Username: canucklax

Contact e-mail:cdcgm@yahoo.com

Past experiences in fantasy hockey: RGMG, WCNHL, NHL 12 SIM league

Preferred Team #1: Colorado

Preferred Team #2: Columbus/NYI

If you were hired for Preferred Team #1, what are your realistic goals for the team in the coming 2-3 seasons?* Build through my young core and reach the playoffs within a few years

Thanks for doing this by the way Krazz, sure fills a void left by the WCNHL. Really excited to see how this goes

Edited by canucklax, 07 November 2011 - 11:28 AM.

Bring Back the Totems!

#35 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

CDC username : Imuzi
Email: r.scheu@hotmail.com
Past experience: cdc STHS
Preferred team #1: Anaheim Ducks
Preferred team #2: Tampa Bay Lighting
Wouldn't mind Hawks/Kings/Capitals

Realistic goals for team #1: I wish to do what I did in the last league which is make the playoffs in the last day. Also having a team with Getzlaf for the whole year wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: I would laugh if Schnieder came back when this gets going.

Edited by Imuzi, 07 November 2011 - 11:52 AM.

NaturalHotAfricanporcupine.gif

#36 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

CDC Username: Niloc009
Contact e-mail: niloc009@gmail.com
Past experiences in fantasy hockey: Assistant GM of LAK in previous STHS league, ran a fantasy league with friends, ran a (failed) NHL 12 league on CDC
Preferred Team #1: Whichever team is willing to take on an assistant GM and AHL GM. I work close to 40h per week and have a girlfriend, so a full GM is a bit out of the question for me
Preferred Team #2: See above :)

If you were hired for Preferred Team #1, what are your realistic goals for the team in the coming 2-3 seasons?
To develop the prospects of my GM's farm team, help with drafts, and give a realistic second opinion on trades.

ANYONE NEEDING AN ASSISTANT GM MESSAGE ME EITHER BY PM OR IN THIS THREAD

Necessary information was necessary. :D

Edited by kanucks25, 07 November 2011 - 12:59 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

Necessary information was necessary. :D

B)

zuhwS.gif

#38 Chimon

Chimon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

Are we allowed assistant/AHL GMs for this? If so, I'll just retain my previous AHL GM BananaMash.

#39 Rick_Rypien

Rick_Rypien

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

When is the approximate start date for this?

#40 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

Cdc username-RR11
Email-ramram1919@hotmail.com
Past experiance in fantasy leagues-in past cdc sts sim league i turned te st.louis blues into a contending team. Many fantasay leagues im im like cdcgml.
Prefered team 1-st.louis blues
Prefered team 2-colombus blue jackets

If you were hired as prefered team 1 what are yor realistic goals For your team in the next 3-4 years?

Id like to turn the blues into a contending team by building my team with a mix of proven veterans and young players to complement my core(backes,mcdonald,stewart,pietrangelo,shattenkirk).

Edited by Rr11, 07 November 2011 - 06:24 PM.

2lnqqu.jpg

#41 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,497 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

Will be posting GM signings at ~4:30PM when I get home from school.

Posted Image

#42 Nail

Nail

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

If Nucklehead16 my previous "boss" in the old game wants to do this, I will co-gm with him instead if he wants me to :P

CDC Username: Steven Stamkos_91

Contact e-mail: gocanucksgocdc@yahoo.com
Past experiences in fantasy hockey: was a co-gm in the past game, co-gm in rgmg
Preferred Team #1: Edmonton Oilers
Preferred Team #2: Ottawa Senators

As the Edmonton Oilers we would be to continue the rebuild, and be a contender in the years to come. We have building blocks in Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Magnus Paarvji (sp?), and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins but now it is time to get a supporting cast for them that are young and will be great for years to come!

2czq8oh.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the beautiful sig!

Tampa Bay Lightning CDCFL | Boston Bruins CDC Puck Los Angeles Kings RGMG

#43 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

Cdc username-RR11
Past experiance in fantasy leagues-in past cdc sts sim league i turned te st.louis blues into a contending team. Many fantasay leagues im im like cdcgml.
Prefered team 2-toronto maple leafs

If you were hired as prefered team 1 what are yor realistic goals For your team in the next 3-4 years?

Id like to turn the blues into a contending team by building my team with a mix of proven veterans and young players to complement my core(backes,mcdonald,stewart,pietrangelo,shattenkirk).

Inb4 Ape03 sends in a application

NaturalHotAfricanporcupine.gif

#44 Rick_Rypien

Rick_Rypien

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Lol Thanks for the -5

Give me more -..I want to beat clutch ;)

#45 Zach Parise

Zach Parise

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

Lol Thanks for the -5

Give me more -..I want to beat clutch ;)

Reason why you got -5 because you were handed a team that won the stanely cup in the previous year (in WCNHL) and you didnt do that much with your team.

#46 Rick_Rypien

Rick_Rypien

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Reason why you got -5 because you were handed a team that won the stanely cup in the previous year (in WCNHL) and you didnt do that much with your team.

K So now Getzlaf is a scrub? Lol

#47 Straight up lazy

Straight up lazy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

CDC username-Straight up lazy
Email:Will make one if accepted.
Past Experience: NHL 12 sim league and the all mighty MEL GM
Preferred teams: Buffalo Sabres, Ottawa Senators in no particular order

I would turn my team into a contender, and have as much fun as possible.

Edited by Straight up lazy, 07 November 2011 - 06:14 PM.

#48 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,497 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

GM Hirings

Posted Image The Detroit Red Wings have hired Chimon as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Chicago Blackhawks have hired BunBun as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Calgary Flames have hired Canucks Stink as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Boston Bruins have hired AmazingNuck as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Winnipeg Jets have hired KeslerLuongo17 as their new General Manager.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image The Los Angeles Kings have hired srsface as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Phoenix Coyotes have hired Intoewsables as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Philadelphia Flyers have hired kanucks25 as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The New York Islanders have hired Venom52 as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The San Jose Sharks have hired AriGold as their new General Manager.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image The Colorado Avalanche have hired canucklax as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Toronto Maple Leafs have hired Caboose™ as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Tampa Bay Lightning have hired KraziestKazakh as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Pittsburgh Penguins have hired Zach Parise as their new General Manager.

Posted Image The Vancouver Canucks have hired Stutter as their new General Manager.

Edited by Krazz, 07 November 2011 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

#49 srsface

srsface

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Very excited to be part of this league, and ecstatic to be LA. Thanks for hosting, Krazz. :)

#50 Tanev

Tanev

Chef Executing Orifice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Glad to be the new General Manager of the Vancouver Canucks :towel:

#51 Nail

Nail

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

Krazz. I completely forgot to send you a pm. I'm on my phone now, but can you just read off my appy on this page?

2czq8oh.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the beautiful sig!

Tampa Bay Lightning CDCFL | Boston Bruins CDC Puck Los Angeles Kings RGMG

#52 Chimon

Chimon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

GM Hirings

Posted Image The Detroit Red Wings have hired Chimon as their new General Manager.

GM Chimon is pleased to join the Detroit Red Wings and hopes to continue their winning tradition and extend their playoff appearances for the 21st consecutive year.

#53 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,497 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

That's your first wave of hirings. The front page is now updated with the most recent GM information with links to profiles.

There are still quite a few applications left over and many of them have teams selected where the GMs have just been hired. In order to provide the rest of the applicants a fair chance of acquiring a team, the applications that were submitted prior to this wave of hirings will be voided.

In other words, if you have sent in an application and did not receive a team, please re-submit your application with the teams left available. Again, this will not be based on a "first come, first serve" basis.

Edited by Krazz, 07 November 2011 - 06:22 PM.

Posted Image

#54 Edler23-

Edler23-

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

CDC Username: Edler23
Contact e-mail: vanfan11@live.com
Past experiences in fantasy hockey: RGMG, WCNHL
Preferred Team #1: Pittsburgh Penguins<
Preferred Team #2: Edmonton Oilers

1 - If I were was hired to be the GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins I would build our team up to win the Cup. Maybe a bit cheaper and younger defensman but i would build around core players like Crosby, Letang and Fluery.

2 - If I were hired as the GM as the Edmonton Oilers I would help continue to gain youth until they became so strong that they have a chance to win the Cup. With Hall, Eberle, Pjavarri (Sorry about the misspelling) and a lot of great youth it would not be hard.

I just posted both because...

Edited by Edler23-, 07 November 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#55 Straight up lazy

Straight up lazy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

That's your first wave of hirings. The front page is now updated with the most recent GM information with links to profiles.

When will the next wave of hirings be?

#56 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

Cdc username-RR11
Prefered team 2-colombus blue jackets

2lnqqu.jpg

#57 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,497 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

When will the next wave of hirings be?

Within the next day or two.

Posted Image

#58 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,497 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Note: I am available as trade tracker again if needed :)

Not a knock on you, but this is something I want to avoid. Preferably, I'll be looking for people who want to be a part of this league, but do not have a team to work as part of the "staff." Having GMs work as player agents or anything like that just doesn't boil over well, in my opinion. In the meantime, I'll be handling all the agent/trade duties until I find a suitable hire. Thanks for the offer, though. :)

Honestly, I just want to join so I have an excuse to stare at Krazz' sig on a daily basis Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

<3

Are we allowed assistant/AHL GMs for this? If so, I'll just retain my previous AHL GM BananaMash.

Assistant/Co-GMs are allowed as long as the relevant person is committed to the league and understands that they may not receive a team anytime soon in the future. The assistant/AHL GM position will mainly act as a "buddy" system so that more veteran GMs of the league can take a less experienced person and groom them to be a viable option in the future. As this league picks up off the ground, incentives will be given to GMs who are willing to act as this "mentor" role.

When is the approximate start date for this?

I'm working on designing the site as we speak. I'm hoping that we get working through the pre-season by the weekend and have the regular season start sometime early next week.*

*subject to change

Posted Image

#59 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,867 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

Happy to be apart of this league, gald we got a good guy like my pal Krazz to do this for us all.

Also very happy to be GM of the Islanders.

Posted Image

#60 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Your average poster

• Members
  • 6,329 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

Very happy to be apart of this.

hejda_zps6237a1e8.png

"I hate America" - Ariana Grande

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.