The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

With the first season now coming to a close, I would first like to address some issues that have arose any pending questions that GMs may have, and where we go from here, including any upcoming dates, off-season schedule, etc.

First off, I'd like to express my gratitude towards BunBun, SOB for MVP, Chimon and kanucks25, as these exceptional individuals have helped us make the game what it is today. As well as contributions from a multitude of several other GMs, I thank all of you for your continued support.

Now the main question I think most of you are wondering is: when can we start trading again? Unfortunately, this may not be the answer that most of you will be looking for. Due to the fact that re-rates on players are not complete yet, I'm not opening trades. Why? This prevents the situation where we have players who aren't re-rated yet moved onto re-rated teams and just messes the whole system up. So until re-rates are done (hopefully by the end of this week), trading will not be open.

On a brighter note, however, I will be able to work on contract negotiations. Now, this might be a little more of a conflicted subject, considering that over the course of the year, we've had 2 separate sets of agents (k25/Chimon, myself). Now, our value of contracts and what each player is worth may differ. Contract negotiations will begin anew regardless of any prior arrangements with previous agents (discounted prices negotiated with previous agents at the end of the season, retirement decisions, etc.).

The best way at this time (due to the vast amount of contracts) to contact me will be through MSN. I'll be spending most of today answering PMs. I believe player/team/GM awards are in the making and we should be expecting them in the next couple of days. With the large number of additions and possible revisions in the sim league for the next season, expect the off-season to be a rather long one.

During this time, I will also review with some GMs their performances and how they intend to move their team forward in the upcoming season. Along side, this, I'll be evaluating GMs and whether they are becoming a burden for the league. What I mean by this is whether the GM has made any contribution to the league at all (whether good or bad), and if they may have alternative commitments outside the league preventing them to be as active as possible. We will be reviewing alternate options, but a change of one or more GMs may occur during this process.

RE: Re-rates

This set of re-rates, I feel, will largely diversify a player's role on his team and how each team plans to build their team. Whether a team feels 3 scoring lines works best, or 2 scoring with a largely defensive line, etc.

This set of re-rates, I believe, will separate 1st line stars from 2nd line regulars, 3rd/4th line grinders, creating a greater diversity among players. That being said, don't be surprised if players with attributes up in the 90s are rare and minimal, as is the case in the IRLNHL. With this in mind, don't be alarmed if a player that you see on your roster suddenly receives some adjustments in their attributes (could go up/down). Due to the fact that we've used a multitude of re-rate files during the start of the season, a large number of players have attributes that they shouldn't have (90+ attributes in particular attributes when a player is not of that caliber).

Now, this is not a knock on these particular players, but I'm sure we can agree that some players are better than others. So with this re-rate, we'll be seeing players who are supposed to be on a more even playing field be attributed as such. Currently, I have about 300 players set up and ready to re-rate, but it will still take quite a bit of time to go through all 30 teams.

The re-rate of players being applied this off-season will include the "development" and such that they've received over the course of the year. I'm still deciding on how to make development of players moving forward (whether we want to set aside a pool of attributes for GMs to manually add to their players, let the system itself add attributes automatically [minimal control], or any other idea that may pop up). This discussion is still a ways away and I'd much rather deal with what I have on hand first.

Finally, the cap ceiling/floor. The cap ceiling will be moving up in the 2012-13 season at the amount of $1.3 million from the 2011-12 figure of $64.3 million to $65.6 million and the cap floor very much the same from $48.3 million to $49.6 million. To combat the potential problem of contract inflation, there will be little-to-no cap adjustments in the season of 2013-14.

As stated earlier, I'll be spending most of the day (probably as soon as I'm done my lunch) answering any questions about the upcoming season, PMs, and I'll try to get through most of the contract negotiations. Thanks again for the continued support, and let the off-season festivities begin!

Personally I think the re-rates should be auto-ed rather than have us set what attributes we want to add to the player because then there would be no point in most trades as I can develop a player to a way I want and then we'll have a bunch of players around the league having the same "builds". Plus there's no surprised to how a player develops if we can control his development.

It'll be nice to see waivers in effect this upcoming season so that players can't be sent down as freely and re-called so that that depth on the roster does matter and we will all need to work with the cap we have. In addition, the rivalry function along with GM rep are exciting features we should all look forward to in the upcoming season.

I'm assuming this off-season is going to take a while as this is probably the most busy time for the game. There's re-rates, drafts, awards, website fixes, contract discussions, and trades. At the same time, this is the most exciting part of the game also. Once again, congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings for winning the first VHL Stanley Cup and to the Philadelphia on their fine season as well.

Also, thanks to SOB for MVP for helping most teams with their player photos and numbers, Chimon and Kanucks25 for being smart player agents. Finally, one last thanks to Krazz for putting up the effort, time and money into making this a great league for all of us to participate in!

Just a quick thing for GMs moving forward with contract negotiations.

Please use CG when determining if a player is a pending RFA or UFA. Due to the site not having the ages correct (I'm going to try and correct that in the coming days), the system can't correctly gauge is a player is a pending RFA or UFA.

The offseason plan looks good krazz, and I agree with bunbun that we should not have control over prospect development as it ruins the realism and makes trading prospects less important as you could make a player into what you want. It should be performance based on what they do in the A in the sim and in college/major junior IRL

Contract Re-signings:

medium.png - Pending restricted free agent F Brett Olson has signed a 2-year contract extension with the Detroit Red Wings worth $1,300,000 ($650,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending restricted free agent D Bobby Sanguinetti has signed a 2-year contract extension with the Detroit Red Wings worth $1,500,000 ($750,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending restricted free agent D Logan Pyett has signed a 1-year contract extension with the Detroit Red Wings worth $600,000 ($600,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending restricted free agent F Steve Downie has signed a 1-year contract extension with the Dallas Stars worth $1,950,000 ($1,950,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending restricted free agent F Justin Abdelkader has signed a 1-year contract extension with the Colorado Avalanche worth $850,000 ($850,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending unrestricted free agent F Milan Hejduk has signed a 1-year contract extension with the Colorado Avalanche worth $4,500,000 ($4,500,000 / year) with a full no-movement clause

Personally, I feel we need to do 2 sets of re-rates, one to make sure everyone is where they should have been at the beginning of the season; and another to update the ratings based on our Simmed season. so many players are retardedly misrated still :P

Very pleased to retain Olson, Sanguinetti, and Pyett. All three were crucial to the Griffin's regular season success and we hope that the Griffin's elimination from the Conference Finals will give them even more motivation to get back to the playoffs next season.

Contract Re-signings

medium.png - Pending restricted free agent F Andrew Rowe has signed a 2-year contract extension with the Philadelphia Flyers worth $1,890,000 ($945,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending restricted free agent F Harry Zolnierczyk has signed a 3-year contract extension with the Philadelphia Flyers worth $2,835,000 ($945,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending restricted free agent D Marc-Andre Bourdon has signed a 2-year contract extension with the Philadelphia Flyers worth $1,840,000 ($920,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending restricted free agent D Joonas Lehtivuori has signed a 3-year contract extension with the Philadelphia Flyers worth $1,785,000 ($892,500 / year)

medium.png - Pending unrestricted free agent G Jonas Backlund has signed a 2-year contract extension with the Philadelphia Flyers worth $1,800,000 ($900,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending unrestricted free agent D Dan Jancevski has signed a 2-year contract extension with the Philadelphia Flyers worth $1,200,000 ($600,000 / year)

medium.png - Pending unrestricted free agent G Jason Bacashihua has signed a 2-year contract extension with the Philadelphia Flyers worth $1,200,000 ($600,000 / year)

Archived