The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

Congrats to all the award winners, special congrats to Nuckle! Thanks to Bun for taking the time to do the awards, and thanks to Krazz for keeping this league up and running and making it as special as it is!

Would also like to thank all the other GMs who voted for me :)

LANDON FERRARO, LEAGUE'S BIGGEST SUPRISE?

Stars' rookie takes league by storm in first professional season

It was a season of wonders for Landon Ferraro, son of noted TSN broadcaster and former "Big Ball of Hate" Ray Ferraro.

Landon tore up the AHL with the Grand Rapids Griffins, but had no chance of moving up when stuck behind Detroit's great centre corps of Stastny, Berglund, Seguin, and Nyquist. The re-loading Stars saw this as a great opportunity to grab an underrated player who could be a centrepiece of their future. When acquired in a deal that was one of the first of GM Niloc009's career, Ferraro was immediately put as the team's second line centre, and made an equally as immediate impact.

"He had something like 15 points in his first 20 games, I don't remember the exact stats, but I do know he was leading all rookies in points-per-game halfway through the season. We saw what [Landon] could do in Grand Rapids, but never dreamed he'd adjust to the NHL so quickly." -Niloc009

Unfortunately, Landon did fall off the map a bit, and never continued his torrid pace that, at one point, had him aiming for 50 if he had played a full 82. He ended with 26 points in 59 games, a pace of 17-19-36. Still respectable numbers for a rookie that most thought was not NHL ready. However, despite his point totals, Landon was a physically complete player as well. He tallied 59 hits in 59 games, and winning his only fight.

Alexander+Frolov+Krystofer+Barch+Dallas+Stars+KGsrEcab8gyl.jpg

Landon Ferraro dangles past a LA Kings player with some help from Adam Burish

This summer, after a disappointing season that left them just a few points out of a playoff spot, #13 in green looks to improve.

"I wanna get tougher and bigger. I played last year around 175lbs, hopefully with some training back in Vancouver, I can prove that I'm not just some half season wonder. I'm gonna bulk up and re-affirm that second line centre spot that I lost to Otter near the end. 60 points in the goal [laughs] hey well I got to dream big right?"

And dream big he will. Landon Ferraro is in Vancouver now, training with some names like Evander Kane, Milan Lucic, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. He looks to get a little bit from everyone. Speed from Kane, toughness from Lucic, and the playmaking ability of RNH. If he can, maybe 60 points isn't so out of the question after all.

Guest AriGold

Just wanted to tell everyone I'm still alive

I was suppose to be back on the 12, but I'm now here until April.8th

Archived