The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

Guest AriGold

I think the # of fights should be lowered lol. I don't mind them on occasion, but...there was absolutely no reason for it >.> I can understand if it was a division rival or something; we rarely meet OTT.

Disagree with the fights, I say let em be. 2 fights in 5 the games tonight(excluding Dallas-Chicago, a divisonal rivalry which had 3), which seems to be an average in the real NHL. The only problem is that it isnt regular fighters dropping the mitts.

Sliders adjustments for Day 3:

Fights lowered (-7 points)

Goals lowered (-5 points)

Penalties lowered (-7 points)

Why?

I don't think there's a way to limit star players fighting (they're most likely fighting because they are on the ice the most, thus will be fighting more), so the only way around it is to lower the amount of fights per game. Also, the goals seems to be fluctuating a bit - it might be because a team is vastly better than the other, but it doesn't hurt to see a few more "closer" games. Along with fights comes the instigators - by lowering the amount of penalties, hopefully the amount of instigators will be limited.

Players adjustments for Day 3:

Skaters: Fatigue increase

Goalies: Fatigue increase

Why?

When you have star players like Jonathan Toews playing 27 minutes a game with minimal affect on their conditioning (granted, his endurance is 92, but still), teams will opt to play their top players more often. By increasing the fatigue rate on both players and goalies alike, teams will be required to rely on the depth that they have spent the past while building. By increasing the fatigue rate on goaltenders, we'll see more teams opting to put their backups in, rather than playing their goaltender for all 82 games.

Sliders adjustments for Day 3:

Fights lowered (-7 points)

Goals lowered (-5 points)

Penalties lowered (-7 points)

Why?

I don't think there's a way to limit star players fighting (they're most likely fighting because they are on the ice the most, thus will be fighting more), so the only way around it is to lower the amount of fights per game. Also, the goals seems to be fluctuating a bit - it might be because a team is vastly better than the other, but it doesn't hurt to see a few more "closer" games. Along with fights comes the instigators - by lowering the amount of penalties, hopefully the amount of instigators will be limited.

Players adjustments for Day 3:

Skaters: Fatigue increase

Goalies: Fatigue increase

Why?

When you have star players like Jonathan Toews playing 27 minutes a game with minimal affect on their conditioning (granted, his endurance is 92, but still), teams will opt to play their top players more often. By increasing the fatigue rate on both players and goalies alike, teams will be required to rely on the depth that they have spent the past while building. By increasing the fatigue rate on goaltenders, we'll see more teams opting to put their backups in, rather than playing their goaltender for all 82 games.

Archived