#2401 Canucks Stink

Canucks Stink

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

How the hell do you hate Hamhuis? :blink:

I have a general level of disdain for any devoutly religious people. Most think that they're special because they go to a church weekly and sing songs to their Sky Daddy who loves them and needs their money, while praising The Bible, which supports slavery, killing gay people, no women's rights, God will kill you if you don't do this, that, etc. They have a condescending view of non-theistic people, when, really, the idea of a theistic God is just foolish.

EDIT: Malhotra bothers me a great deal because I was a huge Wellwood supporter, and was very sad to see him go. When Malhotra was given $7.5M and 3 years, I thought it was insane. His contract bothers me, he's really not very useful at all outside of the faceoff circle, and he's somehow regarded in Vancouver as some sort of amazing, critical part of the team, which is a joke. He sucks, and he's overpaid.

Edited by Canucks Stink, 08 December 2011 - 04:57 PM.

Calgary Flames - VHL
Bourque/Gomez/Iginla
Tanguay/Jokinen/Upshall
Glencross/Morrison/Moss
Moen/Fiddler/Kostopoulos
Bouwmeester/Giordano
Subban/Babchuk
Sarich/O'Donnell
Kiprusoff/Karlsson

#2402 InSoM-

InSoM-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

I have a general level of disdain for any devoutly religious people. Most think that they're special because they go to a church weekly and sing songs to their Sky Daddy who loves them and needs their money, while praising The Bible, which supports slavery, killing gay people, no women's rights, God will kill you if you don't do this, that, etc. They have a condescending view of non-theistic people, when, really, the idea of a theistic God is just foolish.

End the RELIGIOUS discussion right there otherwise its gunna get heavy.

Here is a random picture I made because I was bored.

Posted Image

Edited by InSoM-, 08 December 2011 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image
X-360 Gamertag: InSoMnIaK604

NHL 12 Sim League Boston Bruins GM
VHL Montreal Canadiens GM

#2403 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,644 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

I see. But have you seen the amour of charity work the guy does? And he went to Haiti despite having no relatives there to help rebuild? Even if he is religious (I'm an atheist too btw), he seems to be a very good person in general.

And you hate Malhotra because of his contract and (in your opinion) his lack of ability? Alright.

We'll have to agree to disagree with eachother on both these players.

Edited by Niloc009, 08 December 2011 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#2404 Try Again

Try Again

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

^playoff rivals!

fight to the death Posted Image
Posted Image

#2405 Canucks Stink

Canucks Stink

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

I see. But have you seen the amour of charity work the guy does? And he went to Haiti despite having no relatives there to help rebuild? Even if he is religious (I'm an atheist too btw), he seems to be a very good person in general.

And you hate Malhotra because of his contract and (in your opinion) his lack of ability? Alright.

We'll have to agree to disagree with eachother on both these players.

Charity work isn't commendable; it's really the minimum for guys in their position. I do charity work. Lots of people do. With the amount of money these guys make, and the amount of free time they get in the off-season, charity work should really be a no-brainer.

Yes, I don't like Malhotra because he makes way too much money, his public perception far outweighs what his play warrants, and he took a spot away from Wellwood, who I was/am a big fan of. The whole "Do it for Manny!" thing last year made me gag each time I saw it.

And to the other guy telling me to not talk about religion, shaddup. Somebody asked me a question, so I offered an answer. I don't give a frog's fat leg if I've offended you, or anybody else, in the process.
Calgary Flames - VHL
Bourque/Gomez/Iginla
Tanguay/Jokinen/Upshall
Glencross/Morrison/Moss
Moen/Fiddler/Kostopoulos
Bouwmeester/Giordano
Subban/Babchuk
Sarich/O'Donnell
Kiprusoff/Karlsson

#2406 InSoM-

InSoM-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Charity work isn't commendable; it's really the minimum for guys in their position. I do charity work. Lots of people do. With the amount of money these guys make, and the amount of free time they get in the off-season, charity work should really be a no-brainer.

Yes, I don't like Malhotra because he makes way too much money, his public perception far outweighs what his play warrants, and he took a spot away from Wellwood, who I was/am a big fan of. The whole "Do it for Manny!" thing last year made me gag each time I saw it.

And to the other guy telling me to not talk about religion, shaddup. Somebody asked me a question, so I offered an answer. I don't give a frog's fat leg if I've offended you, or anybody else, in the process.

Oh its not that Im offended, its just that religion discussion almost inevitably ends in argument of some kind; I just didn't want to see that sort of thing take over the thread; not to mention the fact that Im pretty sure there is a whole religion thread in the Off topic forum.

Personally, I really don't give a crap what a person believes/does, as long as it doesnt effect me - as long as I dont have to listen to it - and as long as it doesnt turn them into an ass/zombie ass(You can imagine my opinion of religion in general ;) )

Posted Image

#2407 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hello, I am a huge Luongo supporter.

Posted Image

#2408 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,502 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

EDIT: Malhotra bothers me a great deal because I was a huge Wellwood supporter, and was very sad to see him go. When Malhotra was given $7.5M and 3 years, I thought it was insane. His contract bothers me, he's really not very useful at all outside of the faceoff circle, and he's somehow regarded in Vancouver as some sort of amazing, critical part of the team, which is a joke. He sucks, and he's overpaid.

So you dont like american hero tim tebow?
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#2409 InSoM-

InSoM-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

Luongo hasn't been great since initial the pounding from Chicago 08/09 - love the guy as a person, I've hated him as a goalie since about then , he just isn't anywhere near as entertaining. Not enough Mental toughness to handle the pressure of a big hockey market like Vancouver + Captaining a team + Stanley cup finals.

I think they broke something in him when they gave him the C.

Edited by InSoM-, 08 December 2011 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image

#2410 Canucks Stink

Canucks Stink

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

I do like him, actually. He's a nutcase, sure, but he's a pretty good football player who always seems to find ways to win.

The other thing about him is that he takes everything in stride. He's a likable guy. People make fun of him for his crazy beliefs, and looney-tune gestures to "the man upstairs" all the time, and he just laughs. He's always smiling. I like it. He's insane, people make fun of him all the time, and that's fine by him. Works for me. DOES NOT appear to have any sort of "I'm Christian, Therefore I'm Better Than You" type of attitude.

IE - if someone asked David Booth if he felt that it was in God's plan for him to tear his MCL the other night, he'd probably be offended. Tebow would laugh.
Calgary Flames - VHL
Bourque/Gomez/Iginla
Tanguay/Jokinen/Upshall
Glencross/Morrison/Moss
Moen/Fiddler/Kostopoulos
Bouwmeester/Giordano
Subban/Babchuk
Sarich/O'Donnell
Kiprusoff/Karlsson

#2411 Try Again

Try Again

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

okay enough of your canucks hate

lets dissipate till the next sim day
Posted Image

#2412 SOB for MVP

SOB for MVP

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Gotta love Rr11 coming out of the blue with a bewildering comment that provides a chuckle

Posted Image

sig by -VC-

#2413 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,274 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

I'm from Vancouver and I'm old.

This team is the Chicago Cubs of the NHL. Came within 1 game last year, whatever. Up 3-2. All they needed to do was NOT lose 2 in a row against Boston, which is exactly what happened. That's not to say that they're not good. They are. But I don't think there's going to be a Stanley Cup parade down Robson anytime soon (as in, within the next decade).

Even though they're impossible to not watch/follow, for any sports fan who grew up in the city, that doesn't mean that I have to like them. Years of torture from this team have morphed me into a guy who derives a sick sense of satisfaction and joy from seeing them lose. I don't particularly like anyone on this Canuck team, besides the Sedin's and Schneider. Guys like Gillis, Lapierre, Malhotra, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Booth, Luongo, they really bother me.

Soooooooo...to shorten this up, you're a bandwagoner who can't handle heartbreak.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2414 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

Also Krazz, I was thinking.

Since you are running this league out of your own pocket you could maybe set up a paypal donations page, I know many people would love to contribute, and I would have to via paypal giftcard seeing as I am only 14, but I think it would be worth the time.

f54xok.jpg

Vintage Canuck

#2415 Nail

Nail

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Posted Image

Also Krazz, I was thinking.

Since you are running this league out of your own pocket you could maybe set up a paypal donations page, I know many people would love to contribute, and I would have to via paypal giftcard seeing as I am only 14, but I think it would be worth the time.

TOTALLY! I will donate too!

Formally known as Nail Yakupov.

Tampa Bay Lightning GM, CDCFL!

#2416 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,644 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

It should be a no brainer, but most players don't go to the extent Hamhuis does. Example:

There were plenty of people who had smiles on their faces when they saw Dan Hamhuis at Bridgestone Arena on Tuesday. The former Predators defenseman, now a member of the Vancouver Canucks, was one of the most likable players during his time in Nashville.

Teammates, coaches, staff, members of the media, everyone always enjoyed being around Hamhuis.

Clay Butler met Hamhuis three years ago as part of the Best Buddies program. Part of the organization’s goal is to create one-on-one friendships for young adults who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Butler, 23, has Down syndrome.

Predators Coach Barry Trotz, whose son, Nolan, has Down syndrome, works closely with Best Buddies of Tennessee and helped Hamhuis get involved.

“Clay and Dan really clicked when they first met,” Clay’s mother, Susan Gray, said. “Clay’s dad is kind of missing in action, so he really likes having a guy around to talk to.”

During Hamhuis’ time in Nashville, he and his wife, Sarah, would take Clay out to eat, play basketball or just sit around and talk. Clay and Susan even took Hamhuis to his first college basketball game (it was a Vanderbilt women’s game two seasons ago). For Clay’s 21st birthday, Hamhuis gave him a Predators jersey with the number 21. It had Clay’s last name on the back.

When Vancouver signed Hamhuis as a free agent last July, Clay worried if that was the end of the relationship.

Not a chance.

“It really is impressive that Dan is keeping up with Clay even though he has moved,” Susan said. “He still calls. He still texts. He called us last Friday and said he would have tickets for us at the game.”

That would be the Vancouver vs. Nashville game on Tuesday. Hamhuis, who did not play because of an injury, brought Clay up to a suite at Bridgestone Arena to watch the game, and then took him to the Vancouver locker room. Clay was wearing a Predators jersey, but a Vancouver hat.

“They were so happy to see each other,” Susan said. “It’s just fun to have a buddy that will stick with you. It’s a friend for life, not just for a couple of years. I’m so happy they were put together.”

Posted Image

#2417 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Trades

To Posted Image: F Landon Ferraro, D Brad Stuart

To Posted Image: F Matthew Stajan, D Trevor Daley

Latest League File

Will begin sims at 6:15PM PST so teams have the chance to fix up their lines.

Obviously, I'm an idiot. :emot-parrot:

Edited by Krazz, 08 December 2011 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

#2418 Chimon

Chimon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

Trades

To Posted Image: F Landon Ferraro, D Brad Stuart

To Posted Image: F Matthew Stajan, D Trevor Daley

Latest League File

Will begin sims at 6:15PM PST so teams have the chance to fix up their lines.

Obviously, I'm an idiot. :emot-parrot:

Matt Stajan doesn't show up in the league file (on my roster)

Edited by Chimon, 08 December 2011 - 07:18 PM.

CDC STHS Hockey League
2015-16 (Toronto): Northeast Division Leader (45-29-8) | DNQ (33-35-8)
2014-15 (Toronto): Northeast Division Leader (50-25-7) | AHL President's Trophy (48-19-9)

2013-14 (Toronto): E. Conference Playoff Champion (41-28-13) | AHL Division Leader (45-19-8)

2012-13 (Dallas): GM of the Year, President's Trophy (52-24-6) | AHL Calder Cup Champions (51-18-7)

#2419 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

?

Just checked it and it's fine.

Posted Image

#2420 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,644 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

Not sure where he went, he's not on my roster, neither is Daley, but Stuart and Ferraro are.

On that note, Dallas is pleased to welcome Landon and Brad into our family. We believe Landon will be a great player for us in the future, and he will slot in on the second line with fellow British Columbian Jamie Benn and locker-room leader Michael Ryder. Stuart will play on our number one defence pairing with Robidas, with Alex Goligoski moving down to play in a more offensive role with Grossman.

We thank Daley for his 7 years of service. We thank Stajan for his 22 games, and, although he didn't work out here, we hope he and Trevor will find continued success in Detroit.

Posted Image

#2421 srsface

srsface

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

Not sure where he went, he's not on my roster, neither is Daley, but Stuart and Ferraro are.

That's because he is on Detroit... The file I have downloaded (time stamped at 6:19 PM PST) has Stajan on Detroit.

#2422 Chimon

Chimon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

Edit: Nevermind, fixed. My client kept getting stuck on Dec. 7.

Edited by Chimon, 08 December 2011 - 07:34 PM.

CDC STHS Hockey League
2015-16 (Toronto): Northeast Division Leader (45-29-8) | DNQ (33-35-8)
2014-15 (Toronto): Northeast Division Leader (50-25-7) | AHL President's Trophy (48-19-9)

2013-14 (Toronto): E. Conference Playoff Champion (41-28-13) | AHL Division Leader (45-19-8)

2012-13 (Dallas): GM of the Year, President's Trophy (52-24-6) | AHL Calder Cup Champions (51-18-7)

#2423 Nail

Nail

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Trolls :picard:

Edited by Tyler Seguin, 08 December 2011 - 07:36 PM.

Formally known as Nail Yakupov.

Tampa Bay Lightning GM, CDCFL!

#2424 Try Again

Try Again

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Bangs Chol, 08 December 2011 - 09:13 PM.

Posted Image

#2425 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

Gritty young forward Bickell may be on the block.

Looking to package him other pieces for a decent defenseman, or a veteran solid 4th liner.

Posted Image

#2426 Krazz

Krazz

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

Season Game Day 52

Posted Image 3 @ 4 Posted Image

[NYI] Keith Ballard (2), Michael Cammalleri (3, 4)

[NJD] Patrik Elias (9, 10), Ryan Carter (3), Ilya Kovalchuk (9)

Posted Image 2 SO @ 1 Posted Image

[PHI] Jarrett Stoll (3)

[NYR] Ryan Callahan (7)

Posted Image 3 @ 2 Posted Image

[EDM] Andrei Markov (3, 4), Mark Letestu (3)

[COL] Milan Hejduk (3), Samuel Pahlsson (3)

Posted Image 1 @ 2 OT Posted Image

[WPG] Blake Wheeler (6)

[BOS] Patrice Bergeron (3), Jeff Carter (12)

Posted Image 3 SO @ 2 Posted Image

[WSH] Mike Knuble (7, 8)

[BUF] Brad Boyes (6), Jason Pominville (8)

Posted Image 3 @ 1 Posted Image

[NSH] Mike Fisher (7), Ryan Suter (2), Nicklas Bergfors (2)

[DET] Daniel Cleary (6)

Posted Image 2 @ 1 Posted Image

[PIT] Sidney Crosby (13), Chris Kunitz (6)

[MTL] David Booth (8)

Posted Image 3 @ 4 SO Posted Image

[FLA] Mike Kostka (1), Marco Sturm (3), Mikael Samuelsson (8)

[TBL] Martin St. Louis (7, 8), Andrew Brunette (9)

* David Jones was injured at 11:37 of the 1st Period (Left Leg)

Posted Image 4 @ 1 Posted Image

[DAL] Mike Ribeiro (7), Sheldon Souray (2), Loui Eriksson (13), Michael Ryder (4)

[PHX] Patrick O'Sullivan (2)

Posted Image 1 @ 0 Posted Image

[VAN] Erik Cole (5)

[SJS] No Scorers

Posted Image 2 @ 1 Posted Image

[CHI] Jonathan Toews (8), Valterri Filppula (4)

[LAK] Anze Kopitar (15)

Statistics

Injuries

Posted Image - Taylor Doherty is out for 1 day due to a Sprained Left Knee.

Posted Image - Petteri Nokelainen is out for 2 days due to a Chest/Ribs Injury.

Posted Image - Joe Sova is out for 5 days due to a Right Eye Injury.

Posted Image - Matt Read is out for 3 weeks due to a Left Foot Injury.

Posted Image - Mikhail Grabovski is out for 1 day due to a Left Leg Injury.

Posted Image - Michael Leighton is out for 3 days due to a Sprained Left Ankle.

Posted Image - David Jones is out for 1 day due to a Strained Left Leg.

Posted Image - Mike Komisarek is out for 4 days due to a Sprained Right Knee.

Posted Image - Colby Robak is out for 5 days due to a Torn Left ACL.

Posted Image - Jake Newton is out for 2 weeks due to a Left Foot Injury.

Posted Image - Mark Olver is out for 2 days due to a Left Foot Injury.

Posted Image - Jay Beagle is out for 3 weeks due to a Broken Left Index Finger.

Posted Image - Evgeny Grachev is out for 2 months due to a Strained Right Elbow.

Posted Image - Brennan Evans is out for 2 months due to a Bruised Left Arm.

Posted Image - Tom Poti is out for 4 days due to a Fractured Metatarsal

Posted Image - Troy Bodie is out for 2 weeks due to a Right Ankle Injury.

Posted Image - Owen Nolan is out for 1 week due to a Lacerated Right Calf.

Posted Image - Johan Motin is out for 1 week due to a Torn Left Knee Ligament.

Posted Image - Matt Pelech is out for 1 month due to a Fractured Bone in the Left Hand.

Posted Image - Michael Neal is out for 1 week due to a Strained Groin.

Latest League File

Posted Image

#2427 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,644 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Alright Dallas, you've had your fun, you've won 3 straight, NOW FAIL FOR NAIL LIKE YOUR GM INTENDED YOU TO :frantic:

Edited by Niloc009, 08 December 2011 - 10:23 PM.

Posted Image

#2428 swedishdomination

swedishdomination

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

fail thought niloc was dallas gm

Edited by swedishdomination, 08 December 2011 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to 7thman for the sig

#2429 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,644 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

fail thought niloc was dallas gm

I am Dallas' GM...

Posted Image

#2430 swedishdomination

swedishdomination

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

I am Dallas' GM...

not on first page :o

Posted Image

Credit to 7thman for the sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.