The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

Trades

To medium.png: F Josh Bailey, F Micheal Grabner, D Ty Wishart, D Travis Hamonic, G Mathieu Garon, 2012 NYI 2nd Round Pick, 2012 NYI 3rd Round Pick

To medium.png: F Tomas Plekanec, F Michael Cammalleri

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To medium.png: D Ron Hainsey

To medium.png: D Danny Biega (Prospect - needs to be created), F Riley Nash, F Jared Staal, 2012 CAR 4th Round Pick

Trades

To medium.png: F Josh Bailey, F Micheal Grabner, D Ty Wishart, D Travis Hamonic, G Mathieu Garon, 2012 NYI 2nd Round Pick, 2012 NYI 3rd Round Pick

To medium.png: F Tomas Plekanec, F Michael Cammalleri

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guest AriGold

Just an "edge" to NYI? I think it was hard for them to try to keep a straight face when Montreal accepted.

Seems like a trade I would make in NHL 12.

Montreal Canadiens Transaction Log

In:

Gilbert Brule

Nik Hagman

Mike Grier

Josh Bailey

Michael Grabner

Mikael Backlund

Jason Demers

David Booth

Ladislav Smid

Douglas Murray

Brian Sutherby

Jamie Mcginn

Curt Gogol

Colton Teubert

Ryan McGinnis

Taylor Doherty

Justin Brain

Ty Wishart

Travis Hamonic

Aaron Voros

+ Various Draft picks.

Out:

Scott Gomez

PK Subban

Andrei Markov

Andrei Kostitsyn

Tomas Plekanec

Mike Cammalleri

Travis Moen

Lars Eller

Raphael Diaz

Erik Cole

Chris Campoli

On top of all the youth I have added there; I still have Max Pacioretty, Chris Butler & Carey Price to build around. Not to mention I have more draft picks than what I started with, yes I know Im very weak now, but thats the point, finish low, draft high. Following in Edmontons footsteps. The only difference is this time I have some players already in my system that I can work around.(Pacrioretty, Grabner, Backlund, Price, etc)

The Subban deal was simply to get rid of Gomez' contract and bring back a C I can start to build around - yes it was a steep price; however if I hadnt I would have been handcuffed for the next 3 seasons or so, I couldnt see Gomez getting any better, so it was a now or never sort of thing. Not to mention the fact that I contacted pretty much 29 other people and Calgary was the ONLY team I even came close to getting a deal done with.

I'm trying to build a mean defense for the future, and with Teubert, Murray, Smid, Tinordi, Doherty, all big men by NHL standards, Im well on my way, not to mention I have still have my future Captain Josh Gorges, who will age just fine and dandy.

While I still have to find my franchise D-man to build around, I feel Im well on my way. Its rebuild time. I've had lots of time to think.

I've got tons of contracts ending this season and tons of cap too blow; you can expect me to be very very busy at the next FA market.

I didnt say this to anyone, but before the Scott Gomez deal, I was so discouraged I nearly said frack it and quit right near the beginning, I was handcuffed with no cap room, and with me thinking I was stuck with all of those horrible NTC's I was frustrated as all hell... Thank you Krazz :)

Montreal Canadiens Transaction Log

In:

Gilbert Brule

Nik Hagman

Mike Grier

Josh Bailey

Michael Grabner

Mikael Backlund

Jason Demers

David Booth

Ladislav Smid

Douglas Murray

Brian Sutherby

Jamie Mcginn

Curt Gogol

Colton Teubert

Ryan McGinnis

Taylor Doherty

Justin Brain

Ty Wishart

Travis Hamonic

Aaron Voros

+ Various Draft picks.

Out:

Scott Gomez

PK Subban

Andrei Markov

Andrei Kostitsyn

Tomas Plekanec

Mike Cammalleri

Travis Moen

Lars Eller

Raphael Diaz

Erik Cole

Chris Campoli

Vancouver Canucks Transaction Log (As of November 23rd, 2011)

OUT:

Keith Ballard

David Booth

Mason Raymond

Jannik Hansen

2012 3rd Round Pick

IN:

Erik Cole

Matt Moulson

Blake Comeau

Milan Jurcina

I feel as if our Canucks have improved offensively.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows

Matt Moulson - Ryan Kesler - Erik Cole

Blake Comeau - Manny Malhotra - Cody Hodgson

Chris Higgins - Maxim Lapierre - Victor Oreskovich

Our offense is certainly competitive. Meanwhile our defensive core has not changed very much.

Alex Edler - Dan Hamhuis

Kevin Bieksa - Andrew Alberts

Sami Salo - Milan Jurcina

Unfortunately for Salo, his age has caught up to him. He simply can not play top 4 minutes anymore, and thus the Canucks are searching for a #4 dman who can play a decent amount of minutes.

In net, the same goaltending controversy everyone loves.

Roberto Luongo

Cory Schneider

Archived