The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

Milan Lucic (BOS) for Fighting (Major) at 1:54, Brent Burns (DET) for Fighting (Major) at 1:54

Milan Lucic (BOS) for instigated a fight at 1:54

Milan Lucic (BOS) for instigated and being the aggressor in a fight (10 Minutes Game Misconduct & Suspension) at 1:54

Upcoming VHL Schedule

Thursday, December 8: Game Day 52 @ 8:30PM PST; Game Days 53 + 54 @ 9:30PM PST

*Friday, December 9: Game Days 55 + 56 @ 6:00PM PST; Game Day 57 @ 8:30PM PST

*Saturday, December 10: Game Days 58 + 59 @ 8:00PM PST

*Sunday, December 11: Game Days 60 + 61 + 62 @ 8:30PM PST

* Expected times. Announced times are subjected to change.

Questions Part I

Hey Krazz,

is it possible for us to re-locate our AHL teams?

like new city

Other Questions

Mainly questions directed through PMs/multiple people have asked:

Why don't you sim more?

I would, if I had the time. At this time, I'm surprised I have enough time to sim as it is. With finals and such coming up, I've even considered making 1-2 sims/day so I can focus on studies.

However, that'd just give me more time to procrastinate. :emot-parrot: General consensus (from what I gather) is that 2-3 sims/day is a good pace.

How long is the sim going to last? Is there a point in me rebuilding?

I want to say "for years on end," but I really can't tell the future. If the time permits, I'd like to keep the league running. However, circumstances come up (RIP C.Schneider/WCNHL) so I won't be able to guarantee that the sim will last, say 5-10 years.

I'll do what I can to keep the sim running so that even if a team chooses to rebuild from the ground up, they'd have a chance at the Cup in the near future.

This particular Player A is having an unbelievable season! Why don't his attributes reflect that?

I think I partially answered this to the question that swedishdomination posted prior. Because we're simming the 2011-12 season, and the IRLNHL is currently in the 2011-12 season, it makes no sense for me to, say, give Kessel attributes that would enable him to lead the league in goals (as an example). If we were simming the 2009-10 season [instead of the 2011-12 season], I wouldn't be giving Cory Schneider viable starter attributes.

Why won't this particular Player B waive his NTC/NMC/being such a douche?

Ask around the league, and you'll find that you aren't the only one. I think I've probably declined 10(-ish?) NTC/NMC requests (I think there are a good number out there of players with NTCs/NMCs) along with proof/source that the player wants to stay with the team/city and does not want to waive. If it makes sense for the player, I'll waive the NTC/NMC. If not, I won't.

If I were to waive all the clauses willy-nilly, there would have been no reason for us to honour the clauses in the first place.

Why doesn't particular Player C have this particular Attribute A as 99?

Okay, I'm getting this one a lot - granted, GMs aren't asking for 99, but low/high 90s. If you look around the league, 90s are rare and hard to come by (at least, they should be) and are reserved for the best of the best. The reason being, when a player has a "90+" attribute, the system automatically locks the player as an "all-star"/legend and will give them unholy production. Generally, a lot of players will be in the 70-80s range when it comes to PA/SC/DF.

EDIT: The same holds true for GMs asking why their prospects' PO aren't in the 90+ range. The system automatically detects players with "90+" potential and will automatically reduce the player's production. This way, with players in the 60/70 range, we'll see prospects/rookies producing while with a relatively high PO rating.

Again, like the "99 attributes," prospects with potential in the 80s will be reserved for the top of the crop.

Why is this particular Player D "better" than this particular Player E?

Obviously, it's tough work going through all 1500 players and I might miss one or two or have some unfairly rated. This is why we're having these maintenance days so that I can somewhat make things fair(-er) for everyone. Most of the time, I'll miss a player or two, but I'm trying to minimize those occurrences as much as I can. :frantic:

How are you re-rating my player? Why is he being "nerfed" instead of "buffed?" I asked particularly to buff PA/SC/DF/etc., damnit!

First of all, I don't care what you've asked me to fix - if I see a name, I'll be re-rating the whole player.

Generally, the re-rating process includes me gathering the names that were requested, going through 3-4 other STHS databases, comparing the player with other players of similar calibre/projected career paths and their career numbers. It's a long and tedious process, which is why we're only doing 3 at a time.

My team is stacked! How am I losing?!

**** happens. Sometimes you hit a bad stretch, or sometimes the other team's strategies just outplays yours. Like I answered earlier, I only sim the games; I didn't write the script for the simulator.

When can I start re-signing my players? I have a ton of pending UFA/RFAs that I want to have contracts tendered to.

The big question everyone is asking.

Maintenance Day #4 (expected Monday) will be reserved for contract talks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These should be the big questions that everyone has been asking with no answers until now. If anyone has anything else they want to ask/add, feel free to. :)

Will there be re-rates at the end of the season, and will that be based on the players' production in the simulator?

IIRC, there was no noticeable difference in the ratings of farm players in the last league while their POT decreased at the end of the season.

Will there be re-rates at the end of the season, and will that be based on the players' production in the simulator?

IIRC, there was no noticeable difference in the ratings of farm players in the last league while their POT decreased at the end of the season.

I'm from Vancouver and I'm old.

This team is the Chicago Cubs of the NHL. Came within 1 game last year, whatever. Up 3-2. All they needed to do was NOT lose 2 in a row against Boston, which is exactly what happened. That's not to say that they're not good. They are. But I don't think there's going to be a Stanley Cup parade down Robson anytime soon (as in, within the next decade).

Even though they're impossible to not watch/follow, for any sports fan who grew up in the city, that doesn't mean that I have to like them. Years of torture from this team have morphed me into a guy who derives a sick sense of satisfaction and joy from seeing them lose. I don't particularly like anyone on this Canuck team, besides the Sedin's and Schneider. Guys like Gillis, Lapierre, Malhotra, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Luongo, they really bother me.

Archived