The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bodog was there.

Kevin Biestra

So Bodog's choice of "locally focused" advertising on the Team 1040 is to recount how the Canucks were considered a strong contender for the Cup in 2011, then blew their shot and left the city heartbroken. Bodog was there!

I would be surprised if "Bodog was there" in Boston for the Red Sox collapse where they blew their division lead to the Cardinals in the final stretch of the season and missed the playoffs.

Screw you Bodog. Don't pollute my attempt to follow Vancouver sports by insulting me.

So Bodog's choice of "locally focused" advertising on the Team 1040 is to recount how the Canucks were considered a strong contender for the Cup in 2011, then blew their shot and left the city heartbroken. Bodog was there!

I would be surprised if "Bodog was there" in Boston for the Red Sox collapse where they blew their division lead to the Cardinals in the final stretch of the season and missed the playoffs.

Screw you Bodog. Don't pollute my attempt to follow Vancouver sports by insulting me.

Yea I know, just terrible marketing. I believe a couple years back they also ran ads on how when Calgary upset the Canucks in the 1st round and went to the cup final, Bodog was there. Now that's what I call knowing your market.:rolleyes:

I don't see a problem with it.

Contender at the beginning of the season? True, many people predicted that.

"Blew their shot." True, the Canucks unfortunately lost.

Left the city heartbroken? Yeah, that's true too.

It's their slogan and obviously it has had success or else they wouldn't be using it.

Bodog Berlin:

In 1939, Hitler invaded Poland and conquered the country in less than two weeks, using it as a site to conduct human experimentation and mass murder.

Bodog was there.

- factually accurate statements? Check.

- use of a slogan that is already in existence? Check.

Was Bodog also there when we disgracefully started yet another riot after losing?

Was bodog also there when the screws didn't lay a single charge down until months later?

Is bodog going to be there at my dry staff christmas party? Yup, ya heard me. Dry. And there's going to be kids there. At company-owned, non-licenced facility. Just because my company is a bunch of cheap, scrooge-like selfish fracks. If you want to see a one-man riot, be there Nov. 28. Yup, that's. MONDAY, November 28th. LOL!

That commercial irritates me every time I hear it. And if I was a gambling degenerate (like seemingly every host on the Team 1040) then I would intentionally avoid Bodog just because they piss me off so much. Reminding me of a crushing painful defeat that is still fresh in my mind cannot possibly be considered good marketing. I also remember the one about the, "Up start Calgary Flames" from a few years ago, way to be totally off the mark.

Archived