The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

rwZephyr

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even without the added weight of Reinprecht's deal, this is a bad move.

Why did Florida suck? Because they had a roster full of slag and now this team is picking it all up...

Anyways,

the whole fiasco began with the piss poor idea of signing Sturm. He was a bag of rocks a few years back and had NOWhere to play on this team for what he was making. So that didn't pan out...ok now let's compound the problem by packaging him up with a player (Samuelsson) that can produce, even if spotty his numbers come year end are not bad. Now these were both FA acquisitions and if they walked there would have been no real loss from this teams roster or future. Instead these 2 were shipped off for an immediate burn of 2.05m. Now we also have a lacking player in Booth that is sucking up 4.25 that does not produce and we have him for 3+ more years.

All in all this was a terrible move by Gillis that did not fix any immediate issue and was yet another crap shoot on a marginally effective, overpaid player.

If Gillis is serious about not looking like a donkey (waves to AV) he needs to get Booth on a line with the Sedins so they can kick start him. If not, this will just go down as one of the first bad moves that brought down Mike Gillis as the GM of this team.

Why did Florida suck? Because they had a roster full of slag and now this team is picking it all up...

Anyways,

the whole fiasco began with the piss poor idea of signing Sturm. He was a bag of rocks a few years back and had NOWhere to play on this team for what he was making. So that didn't pan out...ok now let's compound the problem by packaging him up with a player (Samuelsson) that can produce, even if spotty his numbers come year end are not bad. Now these were both FA acquisitions and if they walked there would have been no real loss from this teams roster or future. Instead these 2 were shipped off for an immediate burn of 2.05m. Now we also have a lacking player in Booth that is sucking up 4.25 that does not produce and we have him for 3+ more years.

All in all this was a terrible move by Gillis that did not fix any immediate issue and was yet another crap shoot on a marginally effective, overpaid player.

If Gillis is serious about not looking like a donkey (waves to AV) he needs to get Booth on a line with the Sedins so they can kick start him. If not, this will just go down as one of the first bad moves that brought down Mike Gillis as the GM of this team.

Anyways,

After watching Booth play the last month, he's showing some promise with great bursts of speed but he has yet to get into any of the really dirty areas, I think he can post up the points but you can tell he isn't quite up to the perform level.

Now you gotta remember Steven Reinprecht was essentially dead weight we took on this trade, so if you are Mr Aquilini, do you think the 6.3 Mil you're essentially paying for Booth? (Even if he only gets 4.25 of it)

Let me all remind you of a guy named James Neal previously of the Dallas Stars traded to Pittsburgh. He did not do much that year but a year later, he adjusted and currently has 20 points, among the top scorers this season.

Relax. Let Booth adjust. We did not trade for frigging Crosby.

Guest The Brown Burrows

David Booth is not worth 6.3 million.

* At 6.3 million I would rather have Patrick Kane or Johnathan Toews.

- both earn exactly 6.3 million (cap hit)

Let me all remind you of a guy named James Neal previously of the Dallas Stars traded to Pittsburgh. He did not do much that year but a year later, he adjusted and currently has 20 points, among the top scorers this season.

Relax. Let Booth adjust. We did not trade for frigging Crosby.

Picking up guys from bad teams?

Higgins anyone? If I recall, he played for Florida before coming here.

Hmmm.

Nobody wanted Lapierre either. Look how he's doing now.

I also seem to recall that our starting goaltender Luongo used to play for the previously crapty team of Florida.

You can't make sweeping generalizations that all players from bad teams have been poor acquisitions. It's really a case-by-case basis and it's too soon to properly evaluate Booth's impact because the guy's played what, 9 games with the Canucks so far?

Your right, However there are probably 20 players in his price bracket who ARE IN FORM and with no injury history we could have acquired. Let's face it this lad is a BIG gamble, and quite honestly that is not what our team needed coming into this season..............neither was Sturm, Bitz, Duco, Mancari or Weise!

It is my opinion someone has taken their eye off the ball (puck) leading to this team starting the first quarter of this season with a handicap and giving the rest a start. I have no doubt we can pull it back....................but we shouldn't have had to.

Your right, However there are probably 20 players in his price bracket who ARE IN FORM and with no injury history we could have acquired. Let's face it this lad is a BIG gamble, and quite honestly that is not what our team needed coming into this season..............neither was Sturm, Bitz, Duco, Mancari or Weise!

It is my opinion someone has taken their eye off the ball (puck) leading to this team starting the first quarter of this season with a handicap and giving the rest a start. I have no doubt we can pull it back....................but we shouldn't have had to.

Anyways,

You don't know much about the NHL do you?

I for one was not on the acquire Booth wagon, however Gillis gave up Strurm who was doing jack and is for all intents and purposes done. He also gave up Sammy who despite his great playoffs in 2010 was also pretty much done.

In return MG got a fast hard driving forward who shoots, a lot, to play on out second line. Never mind that Kesler is struggling, Booth still has excellent point totals in the games he's played for us.

I expect after more time learning the Canucks "systems" he will become a better fit.

Raymond who was our 2nd line staple last year had speed but rarely if ever drove to the net.

Now you say there are 20 guys in Booth bracket who the nucks could have got. I disagree. If they were available we'd have to give up more than we did for booth with zero guarantee they'd fit better than booth.

I don't see why people even care about Salary. On a poor team like Florida, it can make a difference because they need to make sure they can make enough money. But on a team like Vancouver, there is no doubt that we will make money, so the only thing that really matters at all is the cap hit.

Archived