The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

rwZephyr

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After watching Booth play the last month, he's showing some promise with great bursts of speed but he has yet to get into any of the really dirty areas, I think he can post up the points but you can tell he isn't quite up to the perform level.

Now you gotta remember Steven Reinprecht was essentially dead weight we took on this trade, so if you are Mr Aquilini, do you think the 6.3 Mil you're essentially paying for Booth? (Even if he only gets 4.25 of it)

Is David Booth what? And is the 6.3 million what? I don't really know what you're asking because of your wording.

At this point I'm not willing to blame any one player for a poor team effort. Am I concerned about .500 hockey? Sure. But I believe in this core of players and I do think it will be turned around without drastic changes.

After watching Booth play the last month, he's showing some promise with great bursts of speed but he has yet to get into any of the really dirty areas, I think he can post up the points but you can tell he isn't quite up to the perform level.

Now you gotta remember Steven Reinprecht was essentially dead weight we took on this trade, so if you are Mr Aquilini, do you think the 6.3 Mil you're essentially paying for Booth? (Even if he only gets 4.25 of it)

Booth is under the microscope more so bc he is the new guy and making 2nd line $. He is not playing like a star but still playing decent and he does go into the corners and fights hard for the puck. Regardless he is playing no worse than everyone else on the team.

We have to wait for some chemistry. Our third line has 2 or 3 different players than last year with Hansen on the 1st line, Hodgson added and I guess now with Lappiere.

Our 2nd line has Booth/Higgins and Burrows. They need time to read each others game and work on some chemistry and set plays in training. Sedins are always gonna help make a good player great. But they also need to now teach Hansen their preferred plays etc.

They all can't click straight away. As long as they have Chemistry by the playoffs the players have the skill to do the job.

All things considered, Booth is still producing points. Perhaps not as many as people hoped, but it's fair to say expectations of him were a little lofty given the circumstances.

As someone else noted, Booth's production is suffering due to his center not playing very well right now, and hogging the puck and not passing.

It irks me that AV puts him in the third line. He has some great chemistry with CoHo but I believe that Booth belongs to the second line. To be honest, I'd rather have Burrows back to the first line. I felt him and Kesler looked like third liners at some point in the game yesterday. But anyway, the second line has to produce at some point.

It irks me that AV puts him in the third line. He has some great chemistry with CoHo but I believe that Booth belongs to the second line. To be honest, I'd rather have Burrows back to the first line. I felt him and Kesler looked like third liners at some point in the game yesterday. But anyway, the second line has to produce at some point.

Archived