The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worthwhile netflix flicks

Stefan

So I have Netflix and the selection is OK. Every now and then I stumble across a movie I've never heard of that ends up being good. Maybe you have too!!!! Let's share.

White Irish drinkers. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. Worth watching.

Extract. Mila kunis is in it. 7.5/10.

Your turn.

MILF was decent

:D

Haha, I was bored and decided to watch that, fell asleep and forgot about it. Ended up going to a buddys house and let his wifes dad use my netflix account and the first movie that popped up was MILF and I was like "uh yea thats a friend who watched it".

There are some pretty good shows, I like Top Gear and alot of the other shows on there. Its nice to just scroll through and find random movies you have never heard of before.

Damn Netflx Canada. Don't they need a massive update? I believe the USA Netflix has everything.

You can actually get Netflix USA. Google it. Just gotta mask your ip which is 100% legal. Takes a bit of work and is a little more expensive.

Oh and you can actually blame the crtc for Netflix Canada having a weak selection.

You can actually get Netflix USA. Google it. Just gotta mask your ip which is 100% legal. Takes a bit of work and is a little more expensive.

Oh and you can actually blame the crtc for Netflix Canada having a weak selection.

Hard to mask IP and run it off Xbox or PS3 :( Makes internet really slow on the 2.

<br />You can actually get Netflix USA. Google it. Just gotta mask your ip which is 100% legal. Takes a bit of work and is a little more expensive.<br />Oh and you can actually blame the crtc for Netflix Canada having a weak selection.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

According to friend who gets Netflix.com over Netflix.ca you need to spoof you IP, not mask it. Masking it hides the IP so people can't use it to "find" you, Spoofing it will let Netflix.com think you are in the USA. Now spoofing and masking are not illegal, doing so to get Netflix.com is. There are copyright restrictions on movies on netflix. If the movie isn't on Netflix.ca it's cause they haven't bought the rights to it yet.

Now as bad as it is, Netflix.ca is getting better. I use it to watch TV shows mainly. ie Breaking Bad etc. as I don't pay for the cable to get those shows. The more people that tough it out with Netflix.ca the more money they will get and the more rights to good movies they can buy.

Hard to mask IP and run it off Xbox or PS3 :(Makes internet really slow on the 2.

Unblock US FTW!!

you pay $4/month but its well worth it.

It doesn't make internet slow while it is easy to setup on a router. Just change DNS of router and voila! Now I have access to Pandora, HULU, Netflix USA ect. through my PS3, laptop, desktop etc. Canadians are just missing out the FULL internet experience.

My current Netflix list:

Carlos

The Odessa File

The Taking of Pelham 123 (original)

Assault on Precinct 13 (original)

House of Flying Daggers

Valhalla Rising

They Live

Marnie

The Straight Story

Rumble in the Bronx

Gods and Monsters

Brick

The Ghost in the Darkness

Thief

Death Wish

Confessions of a Superhero

The Last Picture Show

Krull

Five Easy Pieces

The Eiger Sanction

The Paper Chase

The Limey

Myserious Skin

The Kid Stays in the Picture

American Movie

House of Games

Arlington Road

The Ice Storm

Out of Sight

Affliction

The Long Goodbye

...And Justice for All

The Last Temptation of Christ

The Last Detail

The Hustler

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

The Apartment

Anatomy of a Murder

Witness for the Prosecution

The Killing

Inherit the Wind

The Player

Miller's Crossing

Following

Antichrist

Rumble Fish

The Child

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...and Spring

In the Mood for Love

The Man who Wasn't There

Talk to Her

The New World

Boyz N the Hood

Exiled

Raising Arizona

The Fly

Dog Soldiers

Leprechaun

Fright Night

Teeth

Glengarry Glen Ross

The Elephant Man

Dune

Cronos

Conan the Barbarian

Ghost Dog

Keep in mind that I haven't actually seen any of those movies yet. But they've all got a decent following (some cult, some critical), so they should be worth watching.

Hot Fuzz

Shawn of the Dead

Adaptation

Being John Malkovich

127 Hours

Black Swan

(500) Days of Summer

Scoop

Manhattan Murder Mystery

Following

Memento

An Education

Lost in Translation

Donnie Darko

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

There's probably a lot more. I know they have every episode of Arrested Development, which is awesome if you haven't already seen them. I thought Netflix had a pretty awesome selection for $8 a month.

Archived