The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

Lol, Melvin Gordon breaks the FBS single game rushing yardage record last week only to have Oklahoma's Samaje Perine break his record this week.

In the 4th, Perine has 427 yards and 5 TDs. Oklahoma only has 39 passing yards and they are up 44-7. Talk about putting the team on your back.

• Upvote 1

From this page forward anyone who discusses NCAA (the greatest football in the universe) will be rewarded with a automatic +1

Back on topic, the playoff committee has spoken and still has no love for the ultimate weasels FSU in the latest addition of the playoff standings.

1. Bama

2. Oregon

3. FSU

4. Miss St

IMO the playoff committee is trying to divert an all sec national championship with the seeding. This is fine with me being an Oregon fan, we will murder FSU.

Winston’s garbage imo

• Upvote 1

Winstons garbage imo

12-24 for 125 yards 2TD, 4INT. With 3 INT's in the 1st 1/4.

He is college football's super villain. There isn't a person outside the state of Florida that has any respect for this team. Another garbage win. They slithered out of the ACC undefeated, what a joke. The officiating in this last game was disgusting.

I can't wait until they play a real team in the playoff game.

Oregon is far from out of the woods with the pac 12 championship next week against a heavy Arizonia team that has beat them 2 years in a row. From watching the Oregon game last night I got the feeling they are pretty beat up.

TCU should take that #4 spot now that Miss St fell to Ole Miss

1.Alabama

2.Oregon

3.FSU

4.TCU

This time of year is about as exciting as it gets for me.

GO DUCKS GO!!!

I wanna see "Famous Jameis" vs "Marvelous Mariota" in a playoff game. Top 2 qb prospects for next year's draft both could go in the top 5.

Don't have time/care to go out of my way to watch a college football game unless it is a big playoff matchup or the National Championship.

Edited by Chip Kelly

I wanna see "Famous Jameis" vs "Marvelous Mariota" in a playoff game. Top 2 qb prospects for next year's draft both could go in the top 5.

Don't have time/care to go out of my way to watch a college football game unless it is a big playoff matchup or the National Championship.

And for me the NFL is completely unwatchable, I will watch the playoffs, but that's it.

And for me the NFL is completely unwatchable, I will watch the playoffs, but that's it.

Not if you have a team you root for. I assume it to be the same for college.

The NFL may be over commercialized and have too many stoppages for breaks for ads from live action but the players are still better so I rather watch that game.

• Upvote 1

Not if you have a team you root for. I assume it to be the same for college.

The NFL may be over commercialized and have too many stoppages for breaks for ads from live action but the players are still better so I rather watch that game.

I'm just glad someone is talking to me in this thread hahah.

You have to go to a major college game to really experience the magnitude of college football.

I spend a lot of time with work down there and got to go to a few Penn St games. It was the most electrifying live event ever, it's inexplicable.

People in the USA like the NFL for fantasy football and gambling. Most people in the south don't actually care about it as much as you think.

But their college team on the other hand is a very big deal. For example if you asked people in Louisiana if they would sooner have the Saints win the Super Bowl or the LSU Tigers win the National Championship, the LSU Tigers would come on top unanimously.

When you work around all these people for so long you become submerged in it and it's a lotta fun on Saturday because everyone is so passionate about their school.

Also, because there are so many teams there is room for so little error. From the first game to the last is basically playoffs. Losing has such huge ramifications in the selection committee so every game including the score is really important.

I'm just glad someone is talking to me in this thread hahah.

You have to go to a major college game to really experience the magnitude of college football.

I spend a lot of time with work down there and got to go to a few Penn St games. It was the most electrifying live event ever, it's inexplicable.

People in the USA like the NFL for fantasy football and gambling. Most people in the south don't actually care about it as much as you think.

But their college team on the other hand is a very big deal. For example if you asked people in Louisiana if they would sooner have the Saints win the Super Bowl or the LSU Tigers win the National Championship, the LSU Tigers would come on top unanimously.

When you work around all these people for so long you become submerged in it and it's a lotta fun on Saturday because everyone is so passionate about their school.

Also, because there are so many teams there is room for so little error. From the first game to the last is basically playoffs. Losing has such huge ramifications in the selection committee so every game including the score is really important.

I think even NFL fans will admit the entertainment has been way better in college this year. No doubt gambling on NFL games is huge.

Still the playoffs are always good. No doubt though college atmospheres in both football and basketball are better than their pro counterparts.

Also was not comparing them live, was talking about on tv.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

Alright. After tonight my guess :

1 Alabama

2 Oregon

3 FSU

4 Ohio State

Should be Baylor but I think Ohio State gets in.

I had doubts about Ohio State coming into this week after losing Barrett, but after their effort today with a 3rd-string QB I think they have to be included.

• Upvote 1

Alright. After tonight my guess :

1 Alabama

2 Oregon

3 FSU

4 Ohio State

Should be Baylor but I think Ohio State gets in.

Baylor can't play defense, I think Oregon or bama would crush them.

I agree with the top 4. The big 10 isn't what it use to be, that is the main reason the committee has been so hard on the Buckeyes, their strength of schedule is ranked like 70th. Wisconsin is nothing to laugh at and a beating like that will go a long way.

The fact that the big 12 has no championship is another factor in deciding the final 4. Every conference has a champ except the big 12.

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. FSU

4. Ohio State

It's hard to argue with that. That's what I expect the top 4 teams to look like, so the selection committee will likely throw a curveball and sneak Baylor in, or keep TCU in 3rd.

Ohio State with their 3rd stringer should be there, if they are bumped, and trouncing Wisconsin makes that hard to do, Meyer should at least get the Bear Bryant award.

Selection is getting close. Too bad I don't get ESPN.

^ Well, good educated guesses, it's confirmed:

Alabama (1) vs Ohio State (4)

Oregon (2) vs Florida State (3)

Watched it live. I like the new playoff format for the Championship game. I can't wait for New Years Day!

A dream national championship would be Bama and Oregon. It's been in the works for years and just never seems to happen.

My favourite team Vs my least.

I think Bama will roll Ohio state but they are the undisputed big 10 champions and they deserve to be in.