The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

Can't believe my guys blew it against the friggin' Cowboys... :picard: on a punt return, no less.

Oh well. Jumping on the Ducks' bangwagon. I can't decide which team I'd less like to see win the National Championship, 'Bama or FSU...I don't really like the Buckeyes either, but they'd be far preferable to me if the Ducks can't do it.

• Upvote 1

Bama Oregon would be massive. I'll be watching each game on the edge of my seat waiting for an upset in either one. 1 vs 2 in the country needs to happen.

I would like to see 1 and 2 get a bye, then 3,4,5,6 have a playoff before Christmas.

1 and 2 should still mean something. And 6 teams will settle more of the debate.

Can't believe my guys blew it against the friggin' Cowboys... :picard: on a punt return, no less.

Oh well. Jumping on the Ducks' bangwagon. I can't decide which team I'd less like to see win the National Championship, 'Bama or FSU...I don't really like the Buckeyes either, but they'd be far preferable to me if the Ducks can't do it.

Honestly have no idea what happened to the Sooners, many had them as a favourite to win the national championship.

Hop on in man, lost of room in the quack wagon. Plus the PAC 12 is the west coast, so we are easily adoptable.

Honestly have no idea what happened to the Sooners, many had them as a favourite to win the national championship.

Hop on in man, lost of room in the quack wagon. Plus the PAC 12 is the west coast, so we are easily adoptable.

It's pretty easy to get on any Western bandwagon, actually. After 40 years of cheering for the Sooners, I hate just about every team in the Central, Southern and Eastern parts of the U.S.

The Ducks are an easy team to like. Any squad with the balls to wear that much yellow is okay by me.

• Upvote 1

It's pretty easy to get on any Western bandwagon, actually. After 40 years of cheering for the Sooners, I hate just about every team in the Central, Southern and Eastern parts of the U.S.

The Ducks are an easy team to like. Any squad with the balls to wear that much yellow is okay by me.

I heard they have had like 40 different uniform combos over the last few years.

It was pretty dam awesome when the Sooners whooped that bama a$$ last year. Can't be good every year I guess.

I heard they have had like 40 different uniform combos over the last few years.

It was pretty dam awesome when the Sooners whooped that bama a$$ last year. Can't be good every year I guess.

Yeah, I made a celebratory post the next day, in this very thread.

In fact, with the amount (or lack thereof) of posters who frequent this thread, it's probably just a few pages back... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I made a celebratory post the next day, in this very thread.

In fact, with the amount (or lack thereof) of posters who frequent this thread, it's probably just a few pages back... :rolleyes:

I saw it, I'm Cyril Sneer.

Laying the house down on Oregon. FSU’s garbage. Can’t believe how many times they were able to squeak out of a game with the W. Can’t wait! :towel::towel::towel:

I can't believe how much I hate Winston, It's not healthy.

When Tom Brady Retires I will have a new most hated QB in the NFL in Jameis Winston.

• 2 weeks later...

There's too many bowl games. The NCAA has great talent in Football. But there's like 30+ bowl games now. It used to be, the Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, and Orange Bowl were the big events.

Now it's all muddled, and there's like a a bowl game every night. The NCAA needs to re-jig the format. Once again money is ruling the day.

• Upvote 1

There's too many bowl games. The NCAA has great talent in Football. But there's like 30+ bowl games now. It used to be, the Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, and Orange Bowl were the big events.

Now it's all muddled, and there's like a a bowl game every night. The NCAA needs to re-jig the format. Once again money is ruling the day.

You're right, but I'd say close to 3/4 of the Bowl Games are between 2 plug teams. The last 1/4 has 2 teams that should play a decent game.

To me, 3/4 or more of the Bowl games are "participant" games simply thrown in to give more teams a chance at playing in one.

The NCAA can organize as many as they want, I'm still only going to watch 3-5 per year max anyways.

I would like to see 1 and 2 get a bye, then 3,4,5,6 have a playoff before Christmas.

1 and 2 should still mean something. And 6 teams will settle more of the debate.

I like this idea because it gives us 2 more knockout games between 2 top 6 teams with the season on the lines! Still though, I was never sure any playoff format would be brought forward so I'll take it as is.

• Upvote 1

As long as they're flooding the market with meaningless bowl games, I'd like to see a match up of two of the worst...say, Idaho against UMass (both 1-11)

They could have American Standard sponsor and call it the Toilet Bowl....

• Upvote 2

Today is the most nervous I have been about a game since the stanley cup run in 2011.

FSU and Winston are my most hated team in the history of professional sports. I'm kinda expecting them to win because God hates me.

Please God just let this one slide.

Today is the most nervous I have been about a game since the stanley cup run in 2011.

FSU and Winston are my most hated team in the history of professional sports. I'm kinda expecting them to win because God hates me.

Please God just let this one slide.

Naahhhh. The line’s Oregon @ -7.5. Imo it should be -14.5. KILL THAT FSU ASS!

• Upvote 1