The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

Big week for the big 12, I think OU is the best team in the big 12, it's too bad the Longhorns ruined their season. I don't know why but the playoff committee has no love for the big 12. The have a ACC team at  #1 when that is the joke of all power 5 conferences. 

Id go 

1. Big 10 (hate to say it)

2. SEC

3. Big 12

4. Pac 12

5. ACC. 

Well, the next two weeks should tell us if you're right or not. Today the Frogs are in Norman and next week it's away to the Cowboys in Stillwater. IF they can finish 11-1, who knows...

• Upvote 1

Well, a win is a win I suppose, but even as a die-hard Sooner fan, I have to admit that my boys were lucky on Saturday.

Terrific first half and looked to be cruising to a win, then Mayfield is concussed and has to sit the second half. Enter former starter Trevor Knight and I figured a slight downgrade, but shouldn't be a problem. Problem was, Knight was terrible and the Frogs slowly chipped away until they scored the tying TD late in regulation.

Correction: what should have been the tying TD. In what should earn him thousands of Christmas cards from Sooner fans, TCU head coach Gary Patterson decides to go for the win with a 2-pt conversion. The pass is knocked down by a Sooners defender and Oklahoma walks away with the win.

Meanwhile, Baylor knocks off Oklahoma State, setting up the OU vs OSU match-up next week in Stillwater (home of the Cowboys) for the conference championship. The good news is that Mayfield has been cleared to practice and should play on Saturday.

Oh yeah, and Ohio State lost as well!:)

• Upvote 1

On November 24, 2015 at 8:16:28 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Well, a win is a win I suppose, but even as a die-hard Sooner fan, I have to admit that my boys were lucky on Saturday.

Terrific first half and looked to be cruising to a win, then Mayfield is concussed and has to sit the second half. Enter former starter Trevor Knight and I figured a slight downgrade, but shouldn't be a problem. Problem was, Knight was terrible and the Frogs slowly chipped away until they scored the tying TD late in regulation.

Correction: what should have been the tying TD. In what should earn him thousands of Christmas cards from Sooner fans, TCU head coach Gary Patterson decides to go for the win with a 2-pt conversion. The pass is knocked down by a Sooners defender and Oklahoma walks away with the win.

Meanwhile, Baylor knocks off Oklahoma State, setting up the OU vs OSU match-up next week in Stillwater (home of the Cowboys) for the conference championship. The good news is that Mayfield has been cleared to practice and should play on Saturday.

Oh yeah, and Ohio State lost as well!:)

Dude, your going to have to move over and let me jump on the Sooner wagon if they make the top 4. 

13 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Dude, your going to have to move over and let me jump on the Sooner wagon if they make the top 4. 

Unfortunately, the top three have already won. (Gamecocks really gave Clemson a scare) Basically, I need the Sooners to close out the Cowboys and I need Stanford to come from behind and beat the Irish. Right now, they're down by 2 in the 3rd quarter.

BTW: There's always room on the Sooner Schooner!

54141ec848f7a.image.jpg?resize=300%2C181

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Unfortunately, the top three have already won. (Gamecocks really gave Clemson a scare) Basically, I need the Sooners to close out the Cowboys and I need Stanford to come from behind and beat the Irish. Right now, they're down by 2 in the 3rd quarter.

BTW: There's always room on the Sooner Schooner!

54141ec848f7a.image.jpg?resize=300%2C181

Honestly man, the Irish strength of schedule has taken a beating the last few weeks. They don't have a divisional championship either, they needed to blow out Stanford to jump over OU IMO, the Sooners have beat some really good teams. I think it will be

1. Clemson 

2. Bama 

3. Sooners

4. Big 10 champion 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Honestly man, the Irish strength of schedule has taken a beating the last few weeks. They don't have a divisional championship either, they needed to blow out Stanford to jump over OU IMO, the Sooners have beat some really good teams. I think it will be

1. Clemson 

2. Bama 

3. Sooners

4. Big 10 champion 

Both 'Bama and Iowa (#2 & #3) have tough games next week. 'Bama gets the #10 Gators, while the Hawkeyes have to face #6 Michigan State, who absolutely crushed Penn State today.

Meanwhile, OU is done after today's match-up with the Cowboys.:)

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Both 'Bama and Iowa (#2 & #3) have tough games next week. 'Bama gets the #10 Gators, while the Hawkeyes have to face #6 Michigan State, who absolutely crushed Penn State today.

Meanwhile, OU is done after today's match-up with the Cowboys.:)

I don't think the Gators will score a single touchdown against Bama. 

Iowa has beat nothing, they're  going to get hammered in the big 10 championship. The 2 best teams in college right now are Bama and OU. 

Ohio st is screwed because they're not in the big 10 championship. 

10 hours ago, LaBamba said:

ND down, OU a lock. 

Luckily, I had both games available on my cable package. I watched Stanford kick the winning filed goal against the Irish, then switched over to see the Sooners' dismantling of Oklahoma State. :towel:

As I mentioned earlier, there is no Big 12 Championship game, so the Sooners are it and are done for the regular season. Normally I wouldn't like such a long layoff, but Perine has been battling an ankle injury for the last couple of weeks and the layoff should give him time to recover completely. You want your best running back at 100% going into a Bowl game....

Didn't even bother with hockey yesterday. (I will admit that I watched a bit of UBC's victory over Montreal in the Vanier Cup.)

So it looks like the only change to the top 4 will be Michigan State in and Iowa out, although I suppose it's possible that the polls could show some movement amongst the top 3.

The score flattered the Gators against 'Bama and the refs bailed out the Tigers against North Carolina. It would be pretty strange to see a team with one loss supplant an undefeated team, but based on what we saw yesterday, the Tide look like a better team than Clemson right now.

I might also be possible that the voters move the Spartans all the way up to third, based on strength of schedule. It would be a kick in the teeth for the Sooners, but sometimes not playing on Championship Saturday can hurt.

All of that being said, I am going to agree with LaBamba's earlier prediction and say it's going to be Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and Michigan State.

Looking forward to the playoff games!:towel:

• Upvote 1

On December 6, 2015 at 8:43:32 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

So it looks like the only change to the top 4 will be Michigan State in and Iowa out, although I suppose it's possible that the polls could show some movement amongst the top 3.

The score flattered the Gators against 'Bama and the refs bailed out the Tigers against North Carolina. It would be pretty strange to see a team with one loss supplant an undefeated team, but based on what we saw yesterday, the Tide look like a better team than Clemson right now.

I might also be possible that the voters move the Spartans all the way up to third, based on strength of schedule. It would be a kick in the teeth for the Sooners, but sometimes not playing on Championship Saturday can hurt.

All of that being said, I am going to agree with LaBamba's earlier prediction and say it's going to be Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and Michigan State.

Looking forward to the playoff games!:towel:

I think OU matches up best with Clemson. You don't want to be in 3rd having to play Bama. 

I'm going to go with 

Bama vs OU in the national championship. 

My team the Ducks get the Alimo bowl again against TCU. That should be about the highest scoring bowl you'll ever see. 

Stanford and Iowa in the rose bowl should be another good one. 

Go Sooners. 

16 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I think OU matches up best with Clemson. You don't want to be in 3rd having to play Bama. 

I'm going to go with 

Bama vs OU in the national championship. 

My team the Ducks get the Alimo bowl again against TCU. That should be about the highest scoring bowl you'll ever see. 

Stanford and Iowa in the rose bowl should be another good one. 

Go Sooners. 

Agreed. Going into Championship Saturday, I was hoping to match up with the Tigers instead of the Tide. I thought maybe "Bama would jump to #1, while Clemson slipped to third, rather than #1 and #2 staying the same and the Spartans leap-frogging the Sooners....

Either way, I'll take it!

Ducks and TCU should be fun to watch. The Frogs looked like world beaters early on, but have come down to earth as the season progresses. I'd say you're catching them at the right time.

• 4 weeks later...
On December 8, 2015 at 6:54 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed. Going into Championship Saturday, I was hoping to match up with the Tigers instead of the Tide. I thought maybe "Bama would jump to #1, while Clemson slipped to third, rather than #1 and #2 staying the same and the Spartans leap-frogging the Sooners....

Either way, I'll take it!

Ducks and TCU should be fun to watch. The Frogs looked like world beaters early on, but have come down to earth as the season progresses. I'd say you're catching them at the right time.

Go Sooners!!!