The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

Looks like it was a tough weekend for both our teams, Labamba...:sadno:

I was most surprised at how Bama crushed the Spartans. I'm cheering for Clemson in the championship game, but it looks like they're in tough against the Tide.

The other big surprise for me was how easily Stanford handled Iowa. Honestly, there was only one bowl game (at least among top 20 teams) that was at all exciting and I think you know which one that was...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Looks like it was a tough weekend for both our teams, Labamba...:sadno:

I was most surprised at how Bama crushed the Spartans. I'm cheering for Clemson in the championship game, but it looks like they're in tough against the Tide.

The other big surprise for me was how easily Stanford handled Iowa. Honestly, there was only one bowl game (at least among top 20 teams) that was at all exciting and I think you know which one that was...

I still got Clemson in the NC. Deshaun Watson reminds me of Vince Young, at least physically, and may be smarter than him too.

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointed in the outcome, but certainly not the game. This is one of the best bowl games I've ever watched. The fact that it was for the National Championship is a bonus.

Watson was terrific for the Tigers, but their defense just couldn't stop the big play from 'Bama in the second half. The onside kick was probably the turning point.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Upon reading my B/R team stream today, I came upon a link that I had not read, and was shocked and appalled by the headline

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15114869/usc-trojans-de-scott-felix-loses-ncaa-appeal-ends-college-career

Now I have a little backstory on this

This past November I had the opportunity to meet Scott, at my first ever game at the Coliseum. He had always been one of my favourite players as I admired his passion and heart for not only football but for the school. He was sort of an unsung hero for our defence, and imo should have worn the hallowed #55 at SC. He was really surprised I knew who he was and was asking for his autograph. It being after a game my dad and I struck up a conversation with him. The guy is awesome. He just had this glow to him, so proud to don the Cardinal and gold. We talked for about 20 mins after the game, and for me it was like a dream come true. One of my favorite Trojans ever was talking to me. Those 20 mins flew by. I wished him luck for the rest of the season and for his senior year. And he wished me luck for my senior year in high school. Although we only talked for 20 minutes, my dad and I could both tell he was a great guy, with his head in the right place, and with a great future ahead of him. 

Why does a guy who does everything right need to be punished for an honest mistake. While guys like Cam Newton get off damn near scott free. Its not right. And quite frankly when I found out about Scott I teared up a bit, because the NCAA has their Godamn heads in their asses and can't smell the ******* roses. You are taking away the senior year of a grade A human being, whom has done several service trips, yet you put on a pedestal those who are theives and rapists.

F*** you NCAA

and Fight On Scott, you will be successful in whatever you do. 

End Rant

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Upon reading my B/R team stream today, I came upon a link that I had not read, and was shocked and appalled by the headline

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15114869/usc-trojans-de-scott-felix-loses-ncaa-appeal-ends-college-career

Now I have a little backstory on this

This past November I had the opportunity to meet Scott, at my first ever game at the Coliseum. He had always been one of my favourite players as I admired his passion and heart for not only football but for the school. He was sort of an unsung hero for our defence, and imo should have worn the hallowed #55 at SC. He was really surprised I knew who he was and was asking for his autograph. It being after a game my dad and I struck up a conversation with him. The guy is awesome. He just had this glow to him, so proud to don the Cardinal and gold. We talked for about 20 mins after the game, and for me it was like a dream come true. One of my favorite Trojans ever was talking to me. Those 20 mins flew by. I wished him luck for the rest of the season and for his senior year. And he wished me luck for my senior year in high school. Although we only talked for 20 minutes, my dad and I could both tell he was a great guy, with his head in the right place, and with a great future ahead of him. 

Why does a guy who does everything right need to be punished for an honest mistake. While guys like Cam Newton get off damn near scott free. Its not right. And quite frankly when I found out about Scott I teared up a bit, because the NCAA has their Godamn heads in their asses and can't smell the ******* roses. You are taking away the senior year of a grade A human being, whom has done several service trips, yet you put on a pedestal those who are theives and rapists.

F*** you NCAA

and Fight On Scott, you will be successful in whatever you do. 

End Rant

Wonder if California has a program like we have the CJFL for him to play in. CJFL gets players drafted to the CFL, so it'd be a good way for him to keep fresh. 

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Green Building said:

I hope that Oklahoma Houston game is on TV Saturday morning. Houston could be Week 1 spoilers to the Sooner season!  

Bite your tongue.

Although if you have to lose a game, the season opener is probably the best time. By the time the top four spots are announced, the weight of that loss will be much less than say, a loss in the final conference game.

Just so long as there's no embarrassing loss to the Longhorns this year...

10 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Bite your tongue.

Although if you have to lose a game, the season opener is probably the best time. By the time the top four spots are announced, the weight of that loss will be much less than say, a loss in the final conference game.

Just so long as there's no embarrassing loss to the Longhorns this year...

Maybe, but perhaps not if the Cowboys (Sooners last conference matchup right) have a better season than Houston does. Who knows anyways with such a transparent rankings system?

edit: I do love me some college football upsets though

Edited by Green Building