The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

7 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Clearly you missed a couple pages back.

Im just giving you a hard time. If it wasn't for Tom Brady I wouldn't like college football to this level. I am on year 7 of my NFL boycott and vowed to never watch it again until he retires. 

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

You know he only plays in 1 of the 14 weekly games right?

He ruined the NFL for me. Even talking about it brings back horrible feelings. Now that I have focused more on college football the NFL seams dull and meaningless. Even when he retires or is assassinated I probably won't be back.  

Some great games yesterday. Several of the big guns survived close games, while a few other suffered upsets.

Cowboys beat West Virginia, while the Longhorns knocked off Baylor. (Both of these results help my Sooners in the Big 12) Previously unbeaten Nebraska loses to the Badgers (always cheer for the 'Huskers to lose) Meanwhile my guys kept their conference hopes alive with a thumping of the Jayhawks.

Huskies, Wolverines, Clemson, Louisville and Ohio State, all pull out tight victories.

'Bama still seems to be the class of the NCAA, but overall things are looking a lot tighter than they did a couple of weeks ago.

Only 5 undefeated teams left...4 of them top the new AP poll....

Updated 10/30/2016
Rank

Team

Move

Schedules/Results

BAMA.png

-

MICH.png

-

CLEM.png

-

WASH.png

-

LVILLE.png

-

OHIOST.png

-

TXAM.png

rankings_up.png (2)

WISC.png

rankings_up.png (3)

NEB.png

rankings_down.png (-2)

FLA.png

rankings_up.png (4)

AUBURN.png

rankings_up.png (4)

OKLA.png

rankings_up.png (4)

BAYLOR.png

rankings_down.png (-5)

WVU.png

rankings_down.png (-4)

LSU.png

rankings_up.png (4)

UTAH.png

rankings_up.png (1)

WMICH.png

rankings_up.png (3)

UNC.png

rankings_up.png (3)

FSU.png

rankings_down.png (-7)

PSU.png

rankings_up.png (4)

COLO.png

rankings_up.png (2)

OKLAST.png

rankings_up.png (6)

VATECH.png

rankings_up.png (2)

BOISE.png

rankings_down.png (-11)

WASHST.png

rankings_up.png (1)
Others Receiving Votes: Houston (7-2) 65; Southern California (5-3) 40; San Diego State (7-1) 21; Troy (6-1) 20; Tennessee (5-3) 17; South Florida (7-2) 10; Arkansas (5-3) 7; Wyoming (6-2) 5; Tulsa (6-2) 3
Edited by ShakyWalton

37 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Lets say A+M win out, and OSU beats Michigan and proceeds  to win the Big 10. Who would get that 4th spot in the CFB playoff? (assuming the 3 others are UW, Bama, and Clemson)

UW could win out, and not get top four.  Anyway, no one touches the Tide.  They Roll to another championship.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

UW could win out, and not get top four.  Anyway, no one touches the Tide.  They Roll to another championship.  

If UW wins out they go no lower than 4..possibly as high as 3...but I think that is there ceiling..4 games left and their toughest tests are USC and Washington Coogs who are climbing at #25,

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

I respectively disagree. The Pac 12 IMO, is the 3rd best Conference in the NCAA. Last season they sent 10 TEAMS to bowl games. The thing that makes the PAC so unique is that there is so much parity within the league. There is no easy road game. Even the bottom dwellers of the conference have great fans and night games can be brutal in Boulder, Tuscon or Tempe. An undefeated PAC 12 team is in the CFP no doubt about it

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

I respectively disagree. The Pac 12 IMO, is the 3rd best Conference in the NCAA. Last season they sent 10 TEAMS to bowl games. The thing that makes the PAC so unique is that there is so much parity within the league. There is no easy road game. Even the bottom dwellers of the conference have great fans and night games can be brutal in Boulder, Tuscon or Tempe. An undefeated PAC 12 team is in the CFP no doubt about it

I heard some "so called" expert on ESPN saying the Huskies might not get in?

18 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Really? I find that hard to believe.

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

Me too..especially with an undefeated record and Browning at QB...who will be in the running for the Heisman.

He was on Mike and Mike.  He said that the Huskies can't afford weak victories, or even undefeated they could get passed over by a one loss team.  He said, for example, if Alabama lost to Auburn in a close game, Bama might still get in over Washington.  Don't you guys wake up at all ours of the night and listen to sport's talk radio?  :lol:

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He was on Mike and Mike.  He said that the Huskies can't afford weak victories, or even undefeated they could get passed over by a one loss team.  He said, for example, if Alabama lost to Auburn in a close game, Bama might still get in over Washington.  Don't you guys wake up at all ours of the night and listen to sport's talk radio?  :lol:

nope..not me...there are a few teams with one loss that are strong...Boise State is climbing....and I would think that Bama even with a loss would still be ahead of the Dawgs...but if the Huskies...win their last 4 games...they will be there.