The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

22 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah that's awesome.  They almost beat another top 5 team at home, too bad they lost to Penn State on Sat.

Another note: Go Gators!  They narrowly beat Kentucky on the weekend.  I know they're not going to challenge for a football powerhouse this year but they got a top freshmen recruit QB Felipe Franks and are rumoured to be in contention for the top WR recruit this year.  Snagging top recruits, and keeping them from Alabama,  is a step in the right direction::D

Agree on 'Bama. Any day they lose is a good day, although they had an easy time of it against Vandy on Saturday.

Meanwhile, my Sooners were given a run for their money against Baylor in WACO, but hung on for the win. Home date coming up against Iowa State and then the RRR against the Longhorns at the Cotton Bowl.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

My Trojans have a tough road game tonight against the WSU Cougars. If I was still in Vancouver, I would definitely be making the trip down to Pullman. Hopefully our running game gets going a little bit today. Fight On Trojans

I'm really hoping that one is televised. Should be a good one.

12 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I want to be ******* sick.

Dammit! I didn't realize it was such an early start...

Just saw the video recap. Looks like it was a barn burner. That 4th down conversion by the Trojans before the TD that tied it up was really something.

Also somehow missed the fact that my team has a bye week. (hate those so early in the season) I'll be interested to see how Texas Tech vs Oklahoma St plays out this evening.

Unfortunately, I won't get to watch, since I'm playing a fundraiser tonight and I'll be busy setting up.

1 333.pngAlabamaALA(44) 5-0 1506
2 228.pngClemsonCLEM(17) 5-0 1475
3 201.pngOklahomaOKLA 4-0 1392
4 213.pngPenn StatePSU 5-0 1325
5 61.pngGeorgiaUGA 5-0 1237 2
6 264.pngWashingtonWASH 5-0 1218
7 130.pngMichiganMICH 4-0 1115 1
8 2628.pngTCUTCU 4-0 1079 1
9 275.pngWisconsinWIS 4-0 1028 1
10 194.pngOhio StateOSU 4-1 1016 1
11 265.pngWashington StateWSU 5-0 980 5
12 2.pngAuburnAUB 4-1 802 1
13 2390.pngMiamiMIAMI 3-0 782 1
14 30.pngUSCUSC 4-1 713 9
15 197.pngOklahoma StateOKST 4-1 664
16 259.pngVirginia TechVT 4-1 549 4
17 97.pngLouisvilleLOU 4-1 507
18 58.pngSouth FloridaUSF 5-0 440
19 21.pngSan Diego StateSDSU 5-0 373
20 254.pngUtahUTAH 4-0 358
21 57.pngFloridaFLA 3-1 349
  87.pngNotre DameND 4-1 349 1
23 277.pngWest VirginiaWVU 3-1 221
24 152.pngNC StateNCST 4-1 149 NR
25 2116.pngUCFUCF 3-0 120 NR

Why does it do this lol.  I copied a simple text list and it turns into war and peace with graphics.

Awful defensive showing by my guys today. Fumble in the red zone was the difference, but OU's defense had several opportunities to stuff the Cyclones on 3rd down and gave up big plays instead.

Mayfield was terrific as usual (as was the O line) but he can't do anything about the opposing offense.

I suppose there's still a chance at a playoff game, but they're going to have to run the table now....:angry:

Edited by RUPERTKBD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Thank god McElwain got canned at Florida, he was terrible.  Pretty embarrassing last two games for the Gators, they really had no choice.

I saw an interview with him before it happened and he looked like a guy on his way to the gallows...he knew the jig was up.

The Gators have a winnable game coming up in Missouri, though. Tigers are 3-5.

Meanwhile, my Sooners are on the road in Stillwater for Bedlam against the Cowboys, Both teams are 7-1, so this one goes a long way towards deciding the big 12 Championship. (Although Iowa State could still win as well)

On 10/31/2017 at 7:50 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I saw an interview with him before it happened and he looked like a guy on his way to the gallows...he knew the jig was up.

The Gators have a winnable game coming up in Missouri, though. Tigers are 3-5.

Meanwhile, my Sooners are on the road in Stillwater for Bedlam against the Cowboys, Both teams are 7-1, so this one goes a long way towards deciding the big 12 Championship. (Although Iowa State could still win as well)

Crazy game no matter how this one ends.  That targeting call was huge (and correct).

45 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Crazy game no matter how this one ends.  That targeting call was huge (and correct).

Hockey tournament this weekend, so I didn't get to watch. Just looking at the final score, it looks like it was a fantastic game.

Edited by RUPERTKBD