The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Sharpshooter Something

Sharpshooter

Much better than I had hoped.

The Roma tomatoes are finally starting to ripen. So thankful for the extended nice weather we've been having. The green beans and peas have been harvested and individually packed and frozen to use in the winter. The celery is ridiculously good. Made celery and potato soup the other day and enough for a week's worth of lunches along with some nice crusty Italian rolls. The garden/normal tomatoes have been so big and delicious. I really notice the difference between the tasteless store bought one. There's no comparison of course. The cherry tomatoes are so fricken sweet....they're like candy on the vine. I recommend everyone grow a plant in their soil in the backyard or in a pot on their sundeck or patio. Green and Red bell peppers came in a bit smaller than the monsters we get at the store, but they were pretty intense in their flavour, so no complaints i suppose. The 'super' chilis turned out to be sweet and not remotely spicy, go figure eh?

I did notice that some of the peppers and tomatoes and chili peppers started developing black marks that covered half of the 'fruit' at times. I figured they were some plant disease, and removed them and any leaves and branches that had 'the blackness' on them. I refer to it as 'the plague'. After I trimmed all the 'plant zombie infection' from the plants, the rest grew well and healthy with no plague symptoms. It was a real puzzling thing and worry to this first time farmer Joe.

Still have some celery, tomatoes. and even a couple of strawberries ripening still, I figure it'll all be done and harvested in a week or two. Not sure when the first frost will be, but I heard veggies + frost = fubar.

Funny side story, I was eating a mango about over a month ago and threw the pit into the compost can. I noticed after a week had passed that a mango tree had started started growing in the can. That was weird to see of course. A mango tree growing here, gave me a bit of a chuckle. Anyways, I took it out and put it into its own pot and it's been doing alright, but I doubt it survives much longer, even indoors where it's warmer.

For a more simplistic question(s)....do you partake in the "sticky icky"? And whether you do or you do not, what are your views on the cannibis 'culture movement'? Is this a positive or negative shift in ideas about marijuana?

Do you feel that legalization is feasable and on the horizon, or in the interim- decriminalization?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Assuming you have a girlfriend or wife, if you had the option to feel her pain (physically and emotionally) for her would you do it? Not everything though, obviously life would suck without pain (for many reasons) but just the really bad stuff.

For a more simplistic question(s)....do you partake in the "sticky icky"? And whether you do or you do not, what are your views on the cannibis 'culture movement'? Is this a positive or negative shift in ideas about marijuana?

Do you feel that legalization is feasable and on the horizon, or in the interim- decriminalization?

Archived