The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan

CanucksLegacy

If he's available, MG should be all over this. A Powerforward and a game breaker on our 2nd line with Kesler *drools*

Raymond+Ballard+Tanev+1st Would that seal the deal? Or do we have to add in Shroeder??

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Ryan

Higgins - Hodgson - Hansen

Malhotra - Lappiere - Weise

Edler - Hamhuis

Salo - Bieksa

Alberts - Rome

Our bottom pairing and depth on D will take a little hit, but we would be lighting teams up with that top 9.

<br />Ryan only have 11 pts over 23 games.  I think that's overpayment.  Most of all I don't like to lose the 1st round this year b/c the draft would be very deep.  Even with our low ranking we can probably pick up someone decent.  <br /><br /><a href='http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3776' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://ca.sports.yah...hl/players/3776</a><br /><br />Ryan is a guy that I don't mind having.  He is big, loves to hit, and obviously got talent.  <br /><br />I would do <br /><br />Raymond+Ballard+Tanev+Shroeder+2nd<br /><br />or<br /><br />Hodgson+Ballard+2nd  (This would hurt.  I really like Hodgson this year.)<br />

Realistically, if the Ducks were to look at our roster and say they want a #2 center, that #2 center would be Ryan Kesler. I highly doubt they're looking to move one of their top players for an unproven player in Hodgson. Hodgson is good, but his value hasn't reached that of a #2 C yet. In fact, he would probably be that prospect they're interested in.

As for the top 4 defenseman, I'm pretty sure if you look at our roster, the player they're interested in is Edler. Since the people here wouldn't want to move either one of Kesler or Edler, it's going to be pretty tough to land such a talented power forward.

The closest package I can think of that they'll do is this:

Alexander Edler - Top 4 defenseman

Cody Hodgson - Top 2 Center

1st Rounder

Without saying, that's overpayment, but that's what one has to pay to obtain such a talent. I highly doubt they're interested in Schrods either.

I don't get why every CDC member just offers the same couple of players in a package. Pretty much players we don't want to keep.

What makes people think other teams don't know of our players. If we want Bobby Ryan, we're going to have to give up big roster players as well. You gotta give to get. Sending over a bunch of unproven or scrub players aren't going to get you such a highly talented power forward.

If I had told you at the start of the season that two pending UFAs and underachieving vets would get us Booth you'd be rolling your eyes too..

The Ducks are desperate to shake things up and Ryan's value is at its lowest right now. You and I dont know what other GMs think of our players. Everyone wanted Sammuelsson and Sturm gone..who would want them right? They might go for potential and they feel Hodgson will be a good 2nd line centre for them we will never know.

Realistically, if the Ducks were to look at our roster and say they want a #2 center, that #2 center would be Ryan Kesler. I highly doubt they're looking to move one of their top players for an unproven player in Hodgson. Hodgson is good, but his value hasn't reached that of a #2 C yet. In fact, he would probably be that prospect they're interested in.

As for the top 4 defenseman, I'm pretty sure if you look at our roster, the player they're interested in is Edler. Since the people here wouldn't want to move either one of Kesler or Edler, it's going to be pretty tough to land such a talented power forward.

1st Rounder

Without saying, that's overpayment, but that's what one has to pay to obtain such a talent. I highly doubt they're interested in Schrods either.

Noway MG does that trade, I think youre undervaluing Edler alittle bit, I think Edler +1st and a Tanev Or Shroeder would do it. Edler is a top 2 defenceman still young and has load of potential. He is also a hybrid defenceman that can move the puck, play on the PP and be physical.. those arnt easy to find.

You're comparing Booth to Bobby Ryan?

They have no need to move Ryan. They are simply looking for the best package available. Just because Ryan's playing poorly right now doesn't mean his value has decreased to that of such a large amount. Why not offer the same package for Getzlaf then? He's struggling as well. In fact, their whole team is. Maybe we can offer some more scrubs for Getzlaf and land Ryan also? Give them our high cap players like Booth and Ballard?

Yeah but Schenn has been pretty terrible this season; he's been playing on the bottom pairing. With Phaneuf and Liles playing great hockey, and Gardiner and Franson showing great potential, Schenn could become expendable. It'd be a tough price to pay no doubt, but Burke loves Ryan and I could see him paying a big price to get him.

This was my proposal:

To St. Louis:

Bobby Ryan

2nd round pick

To Anaheim:

Patrick Berglund

Kevin Shattenkirk

St. Louis adds yet another, goal scoring power forward to help them get back into the playoffs. Losing Shattenkirk wouldn't be a huge blow, since Russell has been outstanding for them after being traded from Columbus.

1st Rounder

Archived