The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Really REALLY Good Coffee

DarthNinja

If you want great tasting coffee try the AeroPress. A friend of mine who is an espresso aficionado (some would say fanatic) introduced me to this completely new method of making coffee. When I first saw it I told him yup got a couple of those French press makers already.

I also have a French press and can say that there's no comparison, not only does the Aeropress make a different level of coffee but it also cleans up much easier to boot.

If I can make a better cup of coffee than a $9000 (or whatever they are) Clover brewer and premium beans, even when using the crap Folgers preground we have at work, well....

I also have a French press and can say that there's no comparison, not only does the Aeropress make a different level of coffee but it also cleans up much easier to boot.

If I can make a better cup of coffee than a $9000 (or whatever they are) Clover brewer and premium beans, even when using the crap Folgers preground we have at work, well....

Ok, I drink a lot of coffee, but usually just StarBucks, JJ Beam, Tims, etc.

So for all of your coffee veterans, what is the main difference between some of these specialized & expensive coffees & everything else?

I'm sure just like wine there is a big difference, so I just wanted to know... Would love to try some of these!!

Yes...I find the coffee's chocolaty flavour to be much more prominent in the Aeropress.

BTW, when you said the coffee was more oily than a French Press, would you say you noticed this much more once you switched to the metal disk filter?

Every time I open this thread I just feel compelled to make a coffee! tongue.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone use a burr grinder?

I just bought one and it actually makes a significant difference. Much better consistency and flavour since it doesn't heat the beans.

Now that I've opened this thread again; I have to drive to my office to get my Aeropress so I can make a coffee! tongue.gif

Does anyone use a burr grinder?

I just bought one and it actually makes a significant difference. Much better consistency and flavour since it doesn't heat the beans.

Now that I've opened this thread again; I have to drive to my office to get my Aeropress so I can make a coffee! tongue.gif

Archived