Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hank Moody

Movement to start chanting/singing at Rogers Arena!

144 posts in this topic

How is chanting Depeche Mode songs "true home ice advantage?"

I am not particularly interested in emulating soccer fans.

That said, I am generally for things that promote fan unity..................but for me this suggestion has been poisoned by its association with European soccer crowds.

I suppose if someone came up with an incredibly relevant song for a Canucks game...maybe...

"Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades, oh no!"

I would actually like the lyrics to the new goal song (Electric Worry - Clutch) posted while the song plays after a goal. Has the right feel about it for fans to belt it out. That could be fun and maybe even get under the skin of the opposition a bit!

I've never seen you do anything on this site rather than go around trying your best to spread your negativity. It would be nice to see some positivity out of you eventually.

We're not emulating anyone. Singing songs and chanting has been a part of sport since the beginning of time. It just hasn't caught on here. In fact, they sing songs in the European hockey leagues, thank you.

It is an advantage because its original to only us. You think the players wouldn't get truly psyched up listening to their crowd do something other than just cheer when they score? It's to psyche them up even when they need a boost.

I was at the game against the flames and people started doing the wave WHILE the game was going on, and it was retarded. I don't mind if they do it between whistles but doing it while the play is going on is dumb, as this would be.

i personally like the idea of singing and chanting... we've had finals with a couple 100 people for my soccer games and everyone chanting, its an amazing feeling

How about you and the guy that plussed you try it tonight

Let me know how it goes...........

Love the idea and wish we could have a unique cheering chant whether it would be a song like you mentioned or anything else. Unfortunately we live in North America where we don't have a majority of crazy passionate sports fans at the games that are willing to do this.

For all those going "I'd rather just see the game", do you complain about the same thing in the playoffs when everyones standing up waving their towels during the play?

Let me know when you have tickets for a game.

I want to PVR it when the cameras cut to the one mentally ill guy singing Personal Jesus during game play.