The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Movement to start chanting/singing at Rogers Arena!

Hank Moody

When you are watching on TV sometimes you get the idea that the Vancouver fans are a little quiet so something like this might be an improvement.

I'd settle for getting rid of the "woooo" when they score a goal and all the morons who repeat it endlessly for another 2 minutes. Plus ban the P/A guy from playing AC/DC.

I don't really like the idea. Not because it's soccer but because it seems it would be distracting. I prefer to enjoy the game, instead of the crowd. I don't mind singing O Canada or the occasional chant or na na na na hey hey goodbye, but I don't really want to be singing for long stretches of time. Hockey is too fast paced for that, you're bound to miss a lot if you spend the whole game focused on singing. I would rather focus on the game and cheer loudly for things that happen ON THE ICE.

This doesn't have anything to do with the song idea, which I personally love, but hear me out. Well, when Luongo makes a great save 'Luuuu " has become almost a reflex for most canucks fans. When me and a few friends when downtown to watch the playoffs, Cory Schneider was in net so we were joking around saying that everyone should "Shhhh" when scheids makes a save of the spectacular variety. It started as a joke but pretty soon we had a whole section of the crowd doing it and it actually gave me shivers hearing the shhhhhh.

Think what you may, it sounded sick.

This doesn't have anything to do with the song idea, which I personally love, but hear me out. Well, when Luongo makes a great save 'Luuuu " has become almost a reflex for most canucks fans. When me and a few friends when downtown to watch the playoffs, Cory Schneider was in net so we were joking around saying that everyone should "Shhhh" when scheids makes a save of the spectacular variety. It started as a joke but pretty soon we had a whole section of the crowd doing it and it actually gave me shivers hearing the shhhhhh.

Think what you may, it sounded sick.

A couple of posters in this thread is a awful reminder of why we are known to have the worst crowds in hockey. Half the crowd at a Nashville home game can make more noise than a full capacity Rogers Library crowd. Yea, it must suck doing the wave during play, 'oh heavens I'd have to left my fat arms up and it might rip my suit, my company only gives me 10 games a year to attend and this is what i have to put up with, sigh.'

I'm totally down for doing this. I'm going to a playoff game this year, and me and my buddies will do it if the whole crowd gets into it. Imagine how pumped up you would get if you were a nuck player and the whole crowd is cheering our own chant. We would deffinatly would be up there with montreal with the most passionate fans. I love it!

I'm totally down for doing this. I'm going to a playoff game this year, and me and my buddies will do it if the whole crowd gets into it. Imagine how pumped up you would get if you were a nuck player and the whole crowd is cheering our own chant. We would deffinatly would be up there with montreal with the most passionate fans. I love it!

Guest The Brown Burrows

Our crowd is pathetic. The only time I actually am proud of it is in the playoffs (It's like the same fans from the regular season evolved or something). The odd regular season game is pretty good too (Sunday night).

- Our DJ needs to do this more often

A couple of posters in this thread is a awful reminder of why we are known to have the worst crowds in hockey. Half the crowd at a Nashville home game can make more noise than a full capacity Rogers Library crowd. Yea, it must suck doing the wave during play, 'oh heavens I'd have to left my fat arms up and it might rip my suit, my company only gives me 10 games a year to attend and this is what i

have to put up with, sigh.'

I'm all for some new ideas....but seriously, I really don't think this one is gonna catch on. I mean, think about it.

What do you think is gonna happen if some guy, right in the middle of a game going on, just suddenly stands up and starts singing....I dont know AC/DC or something....as loud as he can to try and get other people to join him.

Na-na na Na-na na Na-na naa-aaa. THUN-DER

and then he continues on to do the whole song.

Just my personal opinion, but I really wouldnt want that guy anywhere near me. Not only would it be annoying, i'm guessing he'll be "wearing" about six beers in less than a minute. Dont want that crap hitting me.

Anything is better then what goes on At Rogers Arena from time to time during the season. Sad to see these people so quiet. Calgary game was probably the loudest it has been all season. Do whatever it takes to actually have life in that arena.

Wake up Vancouver fans, and be loud.

The Jets fans know how to do it, yeah they have been gone for 15 odd years but be loud and be proud to be a CANUCKS FAN!!

2012 Is Our TIME!!!

I'm all for some new ideas....but seriously, I really don't think this one is gonna catch on. I mean, think about it.

What do you think is gonna happen if some guy, right in the middle of a game going on, just suddenly stands up and starts singing....I dont know AC/DC or something....as loud as he can to try and get other people to join him.

Just my personal opinion, but I really wouldnt want that guy anywhere near me. Not only would it be annoying, i'm guessing he'll be "wearing" about six beers in less than a minute. Dont want that crap hitting me.

Archived