The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Movement to start chanting/singing at Rogers Arena!

Hank Moody

Love the idea and wish we could have a unique cheering chant whether it would be a song like you mentioned or anything else. Unfortunately we live in North America where we don't have a majority of crazy passionate sports fans at the games that are willing to do this.

the thing is...thats the european and soccer. try to find an example of that in NA...with hockey, basketball, and football.

NA Soccer is a bit like that, but to a lesser degree...although the Portland Timbers have a passionate fanbase.

im sorry, that is never going to work in Rogers Arena or hockey in general.

honestly...if someone started singing next to me..after i just paid for a ticket...i would tell them to shut the eff up

So you stoop as low as personal attacks. Real nice.

If you don't like the idea, then that's alright, but resorting to calling me "mentally ill" is not going to make your point any more valid. I am sincerely disappointed in the CDC community for actually promoting this type of behavior by "plus'ing" him and all

Your right, i'm definately mentally ill for trying to come up with a new idea that I wanted people's opinions on. Your absolutely right bud, you hit the nail on the forehead.

So you stoop as low as personal attacks. Real nice.

If you don't like the idea, then that's alright, but resorting to calling me "mentally ill" is not going to make your point any more valid. I am sincerely disappointed in the CDC community for actually promoting this type of behavior by "plus'ing" him and all

Your right, i'm definately mentally ill for trying to come up with a new idea that I wanted people's opinions on. Your absolutely right bud, you hit the nail on the forehead.

It's not a personal attack unless you actually are mentally ill.

If you were of sound mental health and reasonable intelligence, I would probably not have to now explain that it was clearly a reference to the appearance of mental illness one would have if standing alone in a crowd chanting.

Also, it's spelled "definitely" and the expression is "hit the nail on the head." The structure of a nail's head is not quite the same as the head of a person. The head of a nail is not divided into areas like the scalp, face, forehead, crown, cheeks and so on.

Hear me out.

I love the experience of going to a Canucks game at Rogers Arena. Now over here in North America, our sports are not accustomed to the whole "singing" or chanting up and down like Soccer around the world.

We've heard this be brought up so many times before, but I say we finally act and try to educate ourselves with some songs, and bring this phenomenal fan experience into hockey. I went to Europe over the summer and watched some European teams play, and it is one of THE Best experiences you will ever have. Not because of the soccer, but because of the crowd experience. There is not one person sitting down or talking, for a full 90 minutes you have the crowd jumping up and down singing. I even learnt the songs as the game went by. Phenomenal.

That's TRUE Home ice advantage. We could do like what Celtic does, which is change around the worlds to "Just Can't Get Enough" a bit to garner to their soccer team. The lyrics are as follows:

When I see you Celtic, I go out of my head,

I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough,

All the things you do to me and everything you say,

I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough,

We slip and slide as we fall in love,

And I just can't seem to get enough of... Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo...

Here's what they sound like:

Breathtaking. Would be amazing to experience.

Just wanted to let you know I gave you a +1. I honestly don't know why anyone would give you a negative feedback on something like this. I can't say I'm a huge fan to the "just can't get enough", but any Nucks fan looking to create a positive impact to a home game experience doesn't deserve to get booed for it. In cases like this, if you don't like it, hang your keyboard up and call it a night.

Any credibility OP might have had in his suggestion was loss to the fact that he chose Depeche Mode as the example.

But seriously,

We're not emulating anyone. Singing songs and chanting has been a part of sport since the beginning of time. It just hasn't caught on here. In fact, they sing songs in the European hockey leagues, thank you.

For the record, I love it when Detroit fans sings. Now that is epic. It'd get me pumped for playoff games if I was playing in that arena. I mean, we'd obviously never be able to match football crowds just because we have so many less fans and its not ingrained in us... yet. I'm all for a crazy atmosphere, but we have to start with just making more noise. Finals were amazing.towel.gif

For the record, I love it when Detroit fans sings. Now that is epic. It'd get me pumped for playoff games if I was playing in that arena. I mean, we'd obviously never be able to match football crowds just because we have so many less fans and its not ingrained in us... yet. I'm all for a crazy atmosphere, but we have to start with just making more noise. Finals were amazing.towel.gif

Well, at the risk of escalating the feud...

This works in Detroit for a couple reasons:

- Detroit is arguably the most fabled music city in North America

- Detroit is itself named in some big time rock songs of all time, giving the fans a very clear motivation to chant the relevant lyric

- Don't Stop Believing

- Detroit Rock City

- etc

Anyway, sing all you want. Won't bother me.

Archived