The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2012 WJHC in Calgary/Edmonton and Team Canadan Discussion

Had he known that it was going to result in the GWG I'm sure suddenly the pain on his chin wouldn't have been so bad.

Bieksa's injury in our game today was legit. Even after the goal was scored he couldn't move and needed help to the bench. The Czech player was fine the minute the puck went in. Hindsight is 20/20 but still, staying down and putting your team shorthanded in OT is uncalled for.

Something I'm sure the players will learn because you rarely see this in the NHL. A player, if not bleeding, will stay down for a brief second but the minute no whistle is blown he gets right back into the play

The official rules call for no penalty if the high stick occurs on a follow through. I think the right call was made here.

there is no league where the regular follow through on a shot making contact with the opposing team's player is considered a penalty. if the ref deems it to be not a normal follow through (clearly wild and flailing about, or lasting longer than it should) then it can be called, but not that shot.

Should be a great game! I think Canada will control most of the play and get tons of shots on goal, but Russia absolutely has gamebreakers in Kuznetsov, Yakupov, and Vasilevski who could pull off an upset. Canada is just so deep though, so I think 7 out of 10 times they take it.

Archived