The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2012 WJHC in Calgary/Edmonton and Team Canadan Discussion

U-N-R-E-A-L

What a performance by Mrazek and the Czechs!

When Mrazeck celebrated his stopped penalty shot against Canada I thought he was showboating. But now I realize that this kid has every reason to celebrate. He is the heart and soul of his team and as he goes so does the rest of his team. Incredible character. Like the TSN guys said, a new star has been born. So awesome to see him charging into the dogpile like that. As a goalie, I sometimes feel left out of the celebrations. I think I may pull a Mrazek one of these days :lol:

Shocking result for USA, especially given that just two years ago they won the tourney with a lot of the same players. Clearly it was not a lack of talent on the team; just a lack of will.

Good on the Czechs. For years they have been victims of blowouts but then there's this year that they'll look at and use as motivation for years to come. When people say "get rid of lower nations" or "what an embarrassment the tournament is" they are wrong. It's not the case because having underdogs always leaves the door open for a great story to surface.

And great job by the crowd to give the Czech team their due credit in the spotlight!

U-N-R-E-A-L

What a performance by Mrazek and the Czechs!

When Mrazeck celebrated his stopped penalty shot against Canada I thought he was showboating. But now I realize that this kid has every reason to celebrate. He is the heart and soul of his team and as he goes so does the rest of his team. Incredible character. Like the TSN guys said, a new star has been born. So awesome to see him charging into the dogpile like that. As a goalie, I sometimes feel left out of the celebrations. I think I may pull a Mrazek one of these days :lol:

Shocking result for USA, especially given that just two years ago they won the tourney with a lot of the same players. Clearly it was not a lack of talent on the team; just a lack of will.

Good on the Czechs. For years they have been victims of blowouts but then there's this year that they'll look at and use as motivation for years to come. When people say "get rid of lower nations" or "what an embarrassment the tournament is" they are wrong. It's not the case because having underdogs always leaves the door open for a great story to surface.

And great job by the crowd to give the Czech team their due credit in the spotlight!

Actually, only Jack Campbell, Jason Zucker, and Dean Blias (their coach) are the returnees from that group. Campbell played lights out in 2010, but not so much this year.

Also, the US lost out on Justin Faulk (Carolina wouldn't return him), and Seth Jones (who got injured in an exhibition game). Those two additions to the blue line would help a lot, especially with the exiting the zone.

Oh ok thanks for the correction. A lot of the names sounded very familiar but maybe they were from last year not the year before.

5 Danish players have been suspended for doing this after the Canada game

I guess the coaches felt that it was inappropriate for them to make light of a loss by joking about it. Good on the coaches for being tough on the players. Just because they lost doesn't mean they should not care about it. Though I will say, they were just having a little fun. Maybe suspensions are a bit much? So the Danes are down 4 skaters (plus their 3rd goalie) who are all suspended for their game against Finland and it's already 3-0 for Finland.

PS is it just me or do a few of the Danes sound like Jannik Hansen? :lol:

Interesting little thing about Scott Harrington is that he is the 2nd round pick of Pittsburgh this year and he made Team Canada, while Pittsburgh's 1st round pick Joe Morrow was one of the last guys cut from camp LOL. Way to beat out your future teammate and the guy who your team chose to pick a round before you.

Archived