The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2012 WJHC in Calgary/Edmonton and Team Canadan Discussion

That goal should not have counted.

1. Penalty for high sticking should have been called as soon as the Russian player touched the puck.

2. Play should have been blown down when the Czech player was laying face first on the ice.

The refs ruin this tournament every year.

1. Penalty for high sticking should have been called as soon as the Russian player touched the puck.

2. Play should have been blown down when the Czech player was laying face first on the ice.

What an amazing display of goaltending from both teams.

I feel bad for Mrazek and the Czechs - what a raw way to lose. Good non call by the ref because it was on a follow through but perhaps a lesson to players that if you're not really hurt to the point where you can't get up maybe you should stop trying to get a PP and get back into the play.

Interesting to see how we'll do against the Russians. They have less than 24 hours to get ready and we've been off for a few days. Hopefully we flatten them...and actually maintain a lead throughout the whole game this time :rolleyes:

Time to erase the memories of last year!

What an amazing display of goaltending from both teams.

I feel bad for Mrazek and the Czechs - what a raw way to lose. Good non call by the ref because it was on a follow through but perhaps a lesson to players that if you're not really hurt to the point where you can't get up maybe you should stop trying to get a PP and get back into the play.

Interesting to see how we'll do against the Russians. They have less than 24 hours to get ready and we've been off for a few days. Hopefully we flatten them...and actually maintain a lead throughout the whole game this time :rolleyes:

Time to erase the memories of last year!

Always find these types of comments interesting, lets see you just shake off a hard high stick and make a play.

Also I find it funny that Canada gets multiple penalties on the follow through yet this is let go. Garbage

Had he known that it was going to result in the GWG I'm sure suddenly the pain on his chin wouldn't have been so bad.

Bieksa's injury in our game today was legit. Even after the goal was scored he couldn't move and needed help to the bench. The Czech player was fine the minute the puck went in. Hindsight is 20/20 but still, staying down and putting your team shorthanded in OT is uncalled for.

Something I'm sure the players will learn because you rarely see this in the NHL. A player, if not bleeding, will stay down for a brief second but the minute no whistle is blown he gets right back into the play

The official rules call for no penalty if the high stick occurs on a follow through. I think the right call was made here.

Had he known that it was going to result in the GWG I'm sure suddenly the pain on his chin wouldn't have been so bad.

Bieksa's injury in our game today was legit. Even after the goal was scored he couldn't move and needed help to the bench. The Czech player was fine the minute the puck went in. Hindsight is 20/20 but still, staying down and putting your team shorthanded in OT is uncalled for.

The official rules call for no penalty if the high stick occurs on a follow through. I think the right call was made here.

Archived