The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2012 WJHC in Calgary/Edmonton and Team Canadan Discussion

I do not believe Visentin can win Canada Gold. I have no faith in him, despite it being his second appearance and what not. I have faith in Luongo when he collapsed against the Hawks twice, but for some odd reason I feel like Visentin will choke again.

Hard to get a sense of Niklas Jensen's skill level in a game like that

Czechs outshot Denmark 44-12. Denmark could barely make a pass or move out of their zone. The puck seemed to be hopping over their sticks, they were blowing tires for no reason, they were running into each other, and it was a mess of a game for them.

If this was women's hockey, people would be complaining about the lack of parity between teams and they'd be calling for the expulsion of all lower teams from the tournament. Knowing how that feels, I'm not going to say that about Denmark - they're a new program but they've produced some extremely good NHL players given their lack of support. If they keep training and developing their players they'll catch up to the middle tier of teams hopefully soon.

Just gives me a lot of respect for Jannik Hansen though. It must not have been easy to become a pro player being from Denmark. And the fact that he got noticed and was brought over to North America is awesome scouting by whomever discovered him

they're a new program but they've produced some extremely good NHL players given their lack of support. If they keep training and developing their players they'll catch up to the middle tier of teams hopefully soon.

Just gives me a lot of respect for Jannik Hansen though. It must not have been easy to become a pro player being from Denmark. And the fact that he got noticed and was brought over to North America is awesome scouting by whomever discovered him

Archived