The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Last of Us

Hat Trick Maker

They released a patch today.

We are deploying patch 1.02 for The Last of Us today. It will be available globally at 5pm PST. Please download and install as soon as it becomes available in your region.

Changelist for Patch 1.02

• Single player
    • Texture of a phone number on a bulletin board changed

• Multiplayer

Technical

• Host migration has been improved. Losing connection to the host during a migration should occur less often
  • General crash when leaving multiplayer fixed
  • Intro camera fix for some introductory cut-scenes
  • Connectivity issues while playing have been tuned
  • If you disconnect or lose connection to the host, you will no longer advance a clan day. You will only advance a day if you are kicked from the match, or exit through the menu

Gameplay

• Explosion Expert level 2 should be selectable now
  • The voting time for match selection has been reduced to 15 seconds
  • “No party” playlist options have been added to both Supply Raid and Survivors, players can only join this playlist solo
  • Melee against a downed character now uses the same range as normal melee

As you see we made some tweaks to improve various gameplay and technical issues that arose once the game was launched. We’ll be updating and adding additional fixes over the coming months. Keep reporting any issues on our technical forums.

See you online!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_patch_102/

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks since I've played it, I've been playing other games.

I meant to add you when you posted your PSN, but since I wasn't playing it, I kept forgetting :wacko:

I meant to add you when you posted your PSN, but since I wasn't playing it, I kept forgetting :wacko:

I don't think I've played that much since I've put my PSN up here anyways. They need to add some more maps and I'll play a lot more.

My game has dust on top of it now lol

• 4 weeks later...

The character development in this game was great, something very few games do as well as Last of Us did. Actually, it was probably the best character development in a single game that I've ever played. Often times it takes more than one game in a series to get that aspect done that well.

The story was pretty good, even if it does have some questionable moments.

Gameplay was fun, though I thought at times it got a little repetitive, only early in the game though.

Don't click the spoiler unless you know the ending,

So what do you guys think was the reason for the ending? Was it because he didn't want to lose what's become a daughter to him? That the way humans acted through all this proved that they're not worth saving?

Even though it was a cold ending, I definitely agree with Joel's choice in saving Ellie. It's just too bad they didn't think that all out beforehand, since maybe Tess would've still been alive :P

The character development in this game was great, something very few games do as well as Last of Us did. Actually, it was probably the best character development in a single game that I've ever played. Often times it takes more than one game in a series to get that aspect done that well.

The story was pretty good, even if it does have some questionable moments.

Gameplay was fun, though I thought at times it got a little repetitive, only early in the game though.

Don't click the spoiler unless you know the ending,

So what do you guys think was the reason for the ending? Was it because he didn't want to lose what's become a daughter to him? That the way humans acted through all this proved that they're not worth saving?

Even though it was a cold ending, I definitely agree with Joel's choice in saving Ellie. It's just too bad they didn't think that all out beforehand, since maybe Tess would've still been alive :P

Well, nobody really knew that the whole journey to the hospital would eventually lead to Ellie's death for the cure. So the journey itself was needed.

Joel found a little girl who he fell in love with, which he never thought would happen again after losing his daughter. He chose to have a life with a daughter instead of saving humanity which was already butchered in a way.

Well, nobody really knew that the whole journey to the hospital would eventually lead to Ellie's death for the cure. So the journey itself was needed.

Joel found a little girl who he fell in love with, which he never thought would happen again after losing his daughter. He chose to have a life with a daughter instead of saving humanity which was already butchered in a way.

Plus if he decided not to save her, she wouldn't have been able to contribute to a cure anyways from the looks of it. I believe one of the tapes or characters said they had upwards of 10 or 20 test subjects which had a 0% success rate, all ending in death.

So he had no choice but to save her. And like you said, even if she could help with a cure, society/humanity was so off track that nothing could set it back to what it was before.

Archived