The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Last of Us

Hat Trick Maker

What part of the controls confused you at first? It all seemed pretty straight-forward to me.

I wasn't confused or anything per se, I just wish they have a tutorial, an in-game control scheme or a physical manual I can refer to. For example, it took me a while to realize what the "shaking the controller" prompt means to do. And in another instance, I was stuck in a place where you have to climb up a static ladder to open a trap door or something. I spent two minutes pressing all the buttons just trying to get on the ladder. It turns out that you have stand in a specific distance to the ladder and then press X. It is quite inconsistent to the way you handle an interactive ladder where you perss Triangle to get on, if I remember right.

I wasn't confused or anything per se, I just wish they have a tutorial, an in-game control scheme or a physical manual I can refer to. For example, it took me a while to realize what the "shaking the controller" prompt means to do. And in another instance, I was stuck in a place where you have to climb up a static ladder to open a trap door or something. I spent two minutes pressing all the buttons just trying to get on the ladder. It turns out that you have stand in a specific distance to the ladder and then press X. It is quite inconsistent to the way you handle an interactive ladder where you perss Triangle to get on, if I remember right.

Ah okay. Yeah there isn't a physical manual, there's a digital one. When I put the disc in there's the option to pick to play the game, or to read the manual. I skipped over it though.

Yeah at first I didn't know what the controller thing meant, but then I realized that it's when your flashlight starts acting up you need to shake it. REALISM!!!!! :lol:

10 hour campaign? I felt like this game would be short, so I am a little hesitant to get it at full price.

I've read the campaign is 12-18 hours

A minor complaint, because everything else is great.

Got to the point where you have to fight through some runners to get inside the school. I tried the stealth approach a few times only to realize that you would trigger an all-out attack at some point anyway. So I dropped them all with the shotty and ammo was everywhere. LOL

There's a lot of little things that I just really love. Like how when you're ducking behind cover and Ellie is with you, Joel will put his arm around her. She hides underneath you.

There was one part where it just made me laugh and I loved it. After one of the times when Ellie helps you do something, she goes, "High five!" and stands there. It's optional for you to give her a high five, and when you do she goes, "Yeah!". Lol I don't know I found it really cute.

I really understand what reviewers said when you sort of start feeling for the characters.

There was one part where it just made me laugh and I loved it. After one of the times when Ellie helps you do something, she goes, "High five!" and stands there. It's optional for you to give her a high five, and when you do she goes, "Yeah!". Lol I don't know I found it really cute.

First time in the game that I laughed as well. It was pretty cute.*high five*

I just finished it...

Amazing game, truly a work of art. I cannot say enough good things about it. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

If anyone wants to play the multiplayer, hit me up on PSN.

Canuckian3k is my PSN ID

My PSN is DevilDan07

Cool, I just accepted your request.

Haven't played online yet, so don't expect too much outta me :lol:

Edit: Hmm, Hunters or Fireflies?

Archived