The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Last of Us

Hat Trick Maker

Does anyone know or has there been any news released if the game is just strictly a campaign? Like after your done the story mode, is there anything else you will be able to do? Extra story lines / kinda like COD map releases, co-op, online (Highly doubt it)? Just wondering, gonna buy game either way but would love to hear a response.

Does anyone know or has there been any news released if the game is just strictly a campaign? Like after your done the story mode, is there anything else you will be able to do? Extra story lines / kinda like COD map releases, co-op, online (Highly doubt it)? Just wondering, gonna buy game either way but would love to hear a response.

Here is a report from IGN.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Isn't Campaign Co-Op

How we'll be able to play with our friends remains unannounced.

by Luke Karmali

June 28, 2012

While Naughty Dog's upcoming survival adventure game will feature multiplayer, it will not be in the guise of a co-op campaign.

We’re not ready to talk about the details of how multiplayer will be implemented.

Creative Director Neil Druckmann made the announcement when speaking to Gaming Examiner, meaning the main story of the game will be single-player only.

He revealed, "We are supporting multiplayer with The Last of Us. We’re not ready to talk about the details of how multiplayer will be implemented, however we can say that it is not co-op within the main campaign."

In addition to this he confirmed that while there are multiple paths you'll be able to take in the title, there will only be one ending to maintain a clearly defined narrative arc.

The Last of Us is due out sometime in 2013. If you're looking for more information, check out IGN's Wiki for the title.

http://ca.ign.com/ar...-campaign-co-op

^ Thanks for the info. Sucks that there won't be coop campaign but nonetheless, the game itself, alone, will make up for it..it's like your in a movie controlling the character

Well they say it's not a co-op within the main campaign. Maybe it's a co-op for a whole separate thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Last of Us is getting some crazy good reviews now.

Read the Colin Moriarty review eh? Perfect 10 score with no negatives a masterpiece and the best PS3 game to exist? haha.

I avoided reading any of the game review really as I like to stay in the dark but the scores are exciting

Read the Colin Moriarty review eh? Perfect 10 score with no negatives a masterpiece and the best PS3 game to exist? haha.

I avoided reading any of the game review really as I like to stay in the dark but the scores are exciting

I read/watched like 7 reviews but yeah, that was one of them. It's getting 5 stars and perfect 10's all over the place though.

Archived