The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speeding ticket

canuckspride

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hey,

so I rarely drive but the past week ive had to and have never bothered to upgrade my license from an N to a full license and today i got a speeding ticket and of course, i didnt have my N sign on the car,

question is, does that ticket reset my 24 month probation period?

if it does...man that sucks. but i cant seem to find any info on icbc website

It doesn't. What resets it is if you get your license suspended.

You must wait longer than 24 months to qualify for a full-privilege licence if you are prohibited from driving, or if your driver's licence is:

cancelled

surrendered

suspended, or

expired.

While you are unlicensed, your progress through the stages of graduated licensing is stopped.

Once you have your licence reinstated after a prohibition, your 24-month novice stage will start over from the beginning.

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/getting-licensed/graduated-licensing/novice-stage

no it doesnt.. many of my friends got speeding tickets, too many people, no "N" violations and they didn't get it taken away.. you have to get like 6-7 points for you to lose your license at which point you must reset your 24 month probation

I've got another month and a half til i can get rid of mine and I (luckily) never got a ticket for anything..

I've driven with extra people, sped, driving baked, barely ever have my N but I got lucky many times..

Best of luck to you and hopefully you never get caught for any violations

ICBC.com under about the graduated license:

The novice (N) licence stage:

For the novice (N) stage some of the learner’s (L) licence stage restrictions are removed.

You will be eligible to take the second Class 5 road test to exit the GLP after 24 months of prohibition-free driving in the Novice (N) licence stage. Once you pass this test, you will graduate to your full-privilege driver's licence.

If you don't have enough points to be prohibited you should still be able to take your test.

By the way Hornet speed is only one component. But there is a lot of people killed every year because of speed. Simply because people don't understand physics.

One thing no one has pointed out:

For some one to have their license suspended is three points.

Been there done that. If you have any other infractions and will be receiving the dreadful letter, one course of action to avoid this mess is to sign up for your road test asap.

If you have your class 5 by the time the bureaucrat in victoria (can't remember the title) receives your file, I'm pretty sure you are okay.

It worked for me. The other thing is don't speed but that's pretty straight forward. Buy a slower vehicle.

no it doesnt.. many of my friends got speeding tickets, too many people, no "N" violations and they didn't get it taken away.. you have to get like 6-7 points for you to lose your license at which point you must reset your 24 month probation

I've got another month and a half til i can get rid of mine and I (luckily) never got a ticket for anything..

I've driven with extra people, sped, driving baked, barely ever have my N but I got lucky many times..

hey,

so I rarely drive but the past week ive had to and have never bothered to upgrade my license from an N to a full license and today i got a speeding ticket and of course, i didnt have my N sign on the car,

question is, does that ticket reset my 24 month probation period?

if it does...man that sucks. but i cant seem to find any info on icbc website

If you excede 5 points on your license you will get it suspended and will not be able to do the class five test for a certain period of time (you will get a letter stating when you can write it again). When you go to pay for your ticket ask them how many points the ticket was towards your license, with it being speeding chances are it will be two or three. If you're worried about it dispute your ticket and depending on where you live it can be a lengthy delay and your ticket is on hold (I still have a year and a half to go to court and I asked to go 6 months ago), in that time try and take your class five test and then you won't have to worry about it.

Archived