Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuckspride

Speeding ticket

18 members have voted

1. 1. will a ticket reset my 24 month probation

• oh it definately will bud..
    • I think so...but im to drunk to say...
    • no it wont...and the maple leafs suck

I'm not entirely certain, but I have a decent idea since I've had my license suspended 3 times for speeding, but now have my class 5. You should be ok with your first ticket, but if you get another, you lose your license. After that, your probation resets another 2 years, and any other ticket after that will immediately take your license again.

I had already talked to ICBC on this subject when I went through this same thing. They told me that because I am on probation with my N, any ticket I receive will take my license. And I just so happened to get a ticket for no N. A simple $25 fine cost me my license for 5 months.

"If you know nothing about weed, don't make up facts'

I know enough about weed to ralize it impairs your judgement and reactions.try doing a little reading.-and perhaps a little less toking.

Yes, of course, because reading substitutes first hand experience right?

I bet you're the type of person that believes everything they see on TV or read in a newspaper too. :bored:

Dude, it impairs your judgement. That's the whole "getting high" thing. Try reading a book when high. Or, try reading a book ever.

Does it impair as much as alcohol? No.

But if you truly have first hand experience, you would think you would have the knowledge to realize it still does impair your judgment...

it depends no how much tolerance you have to weed... when i first started and the drove.. yeah i probly would have been better off being drunk, but once you get a tolerance it basically makes no differance

18-40 year old high >>>>>> 80 year old completely sober

it depends no how much tolerance you have to weed... when i first started and the drove.. yeah i probly would have been better off being drunk, but once you get a tolerance it basically makes no differance

18-40 year old high >>>>>> 80 year old completely sober

Funny how you're been through university and you're completely disregarding the scientifically-backed research done on marijuana and its negative effects on cognition...

I find the replies in here about driving baked pretty ridiculous. Everyone from "square sally" saying drugs are bad mmmmkay to "professor know-all" saying it reduces cognitive thinking to the stoners thinking there invincible. In a real world answer, driving baked totally depends on how much you smoked, how you smoked it, what your tolerances are, how often you smoke as well as how often you smoke and drive. It also depends on where your driving, such as living here on the island there is less traffic or populace to "bump into".

From experience I can share that after 5 years driving baked everyday I have never hit or bumped into anything, caused any accidents or been involved in anything dangerous. For most, smoking pot and getting high lasts 15 minutes where-after the duration of the effects are quite minimal and bodily functions are readily available.

I can imagine living Downtown Van with cyclist, pedestrians, dope cars and smokin' babes as distractions for someone who doesn't regularly smoke pot can be some-what dangerous. These situations are far less frequent because typically stoners don't engage themselves in heavily populated places.

Just my 2 puffs...

hey,

so I rarely drive but the past week ive had to and have never bothered to upgrade my license from an N to a full license and today i got a speeding ticket and of course, i didnt have my N sign on the car,

question is, does that ticket reset my 24 month probation period?

if it does...man that sucks. but i cant seem to find any info on icbc website