The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Private High Schools

Versace

For the Notre Dame application I have to answer a few questions.... Can I get some help? They are: What extra curricular activities in or out of school are most important to you and why? If you are accepted what contribution will you make to our community? What book,article,movie or single event has strongly impressed you in recent years? Why? Essay part: Why do you wish to attend Notre Dame and a Catholic High school in particular?

For the Notre Dame application I have to answer a few questions.... Can I get some help? They are: What extra curricular activities in or out of school are most important to you and why? If you are accepted what contribution will you make to our community? What book,article,movie or single event has strongly impressed you in recent years? Why? Essay part: Why do you wish to attend Notre Dame and a Catholic High school in particular?

If it's important to you to hang out and make connections with rich kids and families, then by all means, go to a private school. Otherwise, there is no discernible difference between the two apart from the obvious contrast in tuition fees and liberty of dress.

There is a slight difference from Private schools (ie. Van College) and Catholic schools (Notre Dame). In Catholic schools, it isn't as structured and definitely not as expensive: therefore, not everyone is filthy rich

So many judgmental posts in this thread it is quite funny.

First of all there is a wide spectrum of private schools throughout the province. They are as different to public schools as they are to each other.

I'm not going to cast judgement on how people spend their money. Especially when it comes to something as important as education. People are free to do what they want.

My own philosophy is that a person has it within them to determine what they make of the environment they find themselves in. Alot of students won't take advantage of the opportunities a private school would present them.

I spent grades 1-7 in a public school and 8-12 in a private school. I'd send any kids of mine to a secular private school.

• 7 months later...

I went to public school and got into every university I applied too and I grew up in an extremely small town surrounded by losers who smoked weed and barely got through high school. In my grad class, over half the grade probably went on to post sec (highly surprising for the school).

I also have been doing quite well in my university schooling. I felt more prepared than kids I know who did IB/AP in their high school days and kids who went to almost every private school in Vancouver. No IB/AP programs were even offered at my high school.

Most of the smartest kids I know went to public high schools.

As a business major (and future CA) I quickly realized that it seriouslyyy does not matter what school you attend as long as you have the drive to do well.

Vancouver College is a Catholic school. I went there from Grade 8 to 12 and loved every moment of it even though it is an all-guys school. The system is great, the teachers are excellent, and not to mention their fitness center and gymnasiums are fantastic.

I went to public school and got into every university I applied too and I grew up in an extremely small town surrounded by losers who smoked weed and barely got through high school. In my grad class, over half the grade probably went on to post sec (highly surprising for the school).

Congrats on being accepted. As a graduate of ND, I can say without a doubt that it is indeed a fine school.

Join the football program. Great way to meet and make new friends. It's tough the 1st year, but stick with it. I promise you it'll pay off physically and socially.

Guys who excelled on the field and in the class were respected. Be smart, be athletic, it's your passport to success at ND.

Have a great 1st year.

Archived