The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Messier believes he's still owed money from his days with the Canucks

R.Luongo.1

60 pts in 82 games with two GWG is a little bit less than what you'd expect from a player of Messier's calibre. He wasn't interested in playing for Vancouver, he wasn't interested in the Canuck's success, and it showed in the effort he put forward on the ice.

If you add that to the fact that Messier was already hated for the way he played against the Canucks in '94 and the dirty cheap shots he took against the most beloved player in Canucks history, it shouldn't be that difficult for people to figure out why Canucks fans don't like the guy.

He's pompous, arrogant, and carries an inflated sense of entitlement. He signed a contract with the Canucks organization to perform to the best of his ability on the ice, and did not follow through on his end of the bargain.

We are on the same page there.

Messier did have influence, but John McCaw was the one who allowed that to happen. In my first post I made that point clear.

McCaw was a terrible owner, who knew nothing about hockey and viewed the Canucks purely as a sexy toy to play with.

He like being buddies with Messier and was often seen on the town hanging out with him.

John McCaw is the one that allowed the balance of power to be totally distorted here.

We are on the same page there.

Messier did have influence, but John McCaw was the one who allowed that to happen. In my first post I made that point clear.

McCaw was a terrible owner, who knew nothing about hockey and viewed the Canucks purely as a sexy toy to play with.

He like being buddies with Messier and was often seen on the town hanging out with him.

John McCaw is the one that allowed the balance of power to be totally distorted here.

When I was a kid I lived in Northern Alberta in the 80's, the glory days for the Edmonton Oilers. Our little league hockey coach took the team to watch an Oilers game in the city... we all waited eagerly outside the then Northlands Coliseum before the game to get autographs from the players.

Messier pulls up in his Porsche and being kids we all flock to his car to get his autograph. Afterwards as we are walking away I hear him say to our coach "Next time let me get out of my car first!".

I have had ZERO respect for that guy ever since. I might have only been 12 at the time... but I knew a douche bag when I saw/heard one!

When I was a kid I lived in Northern Alberta in the 80's, the glory days for the Edmonton Oilers. Our little league hockey coach took the team to watch an Oilers game in the city... we all waited eagerly outside the then Northlands Coliseum before the game to get autographs from the players.

Messier pulls up in his Porsche and being kids we all flock to his car to get his autograph. Afterwards as we are walking away I hear him say to our coach "Next time let me get out of my car first!".

I have had ZERO respect for that guy ever since. I might have only been 12 at the time... but I knew a douche bag when I saw/heard one!

Archived