The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Messier believes he's still owed money from his days with the Canucks

R.Luongo.1

This is probably the face Bieska showed when he heard about this:

062711_bieksa.jpg

I think it's time Bieska tells him to take a nap or play around of golf.. oh wait.. I forgot, Messier probably can't afford to play a round of golf since he is still trying to milk out money from the Canucks (it's been more than a decade since).

I guess this is what happens when Messier entered senile-hood too early... He is more than a decade late. Attention-seeker much :emot-parrot:

I would think that this issue doesn't really relate to the current ownership. The current ownership would have bought the team under the assumption that financial accounts are accurate. I can't see how they would be legally liable.

Mediation basically means the two sides are going to meet and talk. I would assume they are doing this first to avoid any conflict and out of courtesy. The nucks want to avoid looking bad on this so they probably had no choice but to honor the proposal - however this doesn't mean anything.

However, while I am not a lawyer I don't see how a new ownership can be responsible if some irregularities did occur. I would think his claims would apply to the old owner.

Does anyone remember that huge Messier mural that was on Granville Street downtown on the side of the hotel on Granville & Davie. He had that stupid smile of his, all smug look at me I will bring Stanley Cups to Vancouver, and all that bullsh__!! He was one of the worst things to happen to the Canuck franchise ever.

I'll be interested to see how this unfolds. It's already been pushed back from 2007, and who knows if he is looking for the full amount, or if management will attempt to pay him a partial lump sum. I hope that it is resolved quickly. Vancouver really doesn't need another black mark against it from 'failure to pay money owed' ie Bure, and Larionov (sp?)

Archived