The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Messier believes he's still owed money from his days with the Canucks

R.Luongo.1

What's really nauseating is that 1040 will try to interview Messier on the grounds that it's a "story" and then they'll talk endlessly about Messier in Vancouver. Is there any more putrid form of sports radio banter than messier-talk? It's almost worse than listening to Messier himself, that SOB.

Messier has been after this money for years on end, it's just come to the public today, I guess. Also, Messier may have a case, seeing as Messier helped grow the value of parts of the team, and it may have been in his contract as he could receive compensation for it.

He's still not worthy of having a trophy named after him, he's a fraud.

Sad thing is... he is probably out of money now.... well sad for him, I would be more than happy to see him begging on the street corner for change.

For those wondering why we hate him so much... accepting the "C" when it was ripped from Linden and being in cahoots with Keenan to get rid of him to takeover the dressing room.

You move onto a team with a longtime team captain already in place who is beloved by the fans and entire city... if you have a classy bone in your body you happily take an "A"

I remember actually pulling over my car stunned and crying when I heard that Linden was gone.

Also, demanding Wayne Maki's semi-retired number 11 was low-class and selfish. No one had taken that number out of respect for the guy dying.

Archived