The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Messier believes he's still owed money from his days with the Canucks

R.Luongo.1

It honestly sounds like the organization will have to write a cheque. Legally, Messier is owed the money.. I just wonder if his lawyers may seek more due to the long deferment of said money.

Perhaps the Canucks will simply offer a smaller lump sum. Who knows? I would like to be a fly on the wall for those meetings.

Considering a lot of Canuck fans had to watch those games with airline puke bags clutched in their fingers.........

More exciting when he played? You think so? Exciting for YOU perhaps........but for a lot of us who watched him strut his way into Vancouver with his sense of self-entitlement and massive ego, who then watched as he threw his weight around like some prima donna, cozied right up with Mike Keenan and figured he could decide who, what and where happened on the team.........it was one giant puke-fest.

Those were the years when I seriously considered not watching my team play anymore. They talk about cancerous players in a dressing room? Well, Mark Messier was a cancer for hockey in Vancouver - not only for his teammates on all levels but for a huge number of Canucks fans as well.

"Back then the Canucks were certainly more exciting to watch when he was playing than when he sat out" Oh please...... :rolleyes:

:sick:

One of my happiest and best moments in Canucks team history was the day Mark Messier's sorry ass was removed from the team. The next closest is the day Mike Keenan's equally sorry ass was similarly discarded.

Archived