The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you a Fake Fan?

Try Again

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I go out of my way and spend excessive amounts of time here on CDC just to discuss Canucks and hockey! I'm not your CDCer that posts fire ____________ threads or whining and complaining threads. I'm a pretty positive person and I like to give my opinion on things.

Most people (in real life) know me as "that chick who loves hockey". It was annoying to see all of my friends jump on the wagon when they used to tell me to shut up about hockey.. and now they're "supposedly" fans and talk about how hot a player is. Yes, numerous players on the Canucks roster are attractive, but it's annoying how they only mention their looks and not their skills. Hockey is an extraordinary thing. It's not that I just watch the games and go to sleep.. There's just so much more to it, and the passion I have for it is indescribable.

This is going to happen in any town with any sport.... the home team does well and everyone cheers... people just like to celebrate.

And lets be honest... how bad would any of our politicians look if they didn't cheer on our city's/country's team.

I'm one of the fans that follows the team closely all year every year... and I too dislike the whole bandwagon idea... but its inevitable. When you really think about it its not a bad thing that people want to support their home team. But yes, it annoys me when those people insist they know everything about the canucks... but it also annoys me when those people who call them selves true fans tear our players to pieces when they aren't performing. Just sayin... theres always going to be something that pisses you off..

Im the biggest Canuck fan/homer my friends,coworkers and family know. Im a diehard fan, but I take players sides all the time, and defend the team whenever.I hate other teams and other fans, and treat rival fans like foreigners. The end.

I hate people who criticize players on our team and they

dont even follow the sport

<br /><br /><br />

Lol no need to feel bad or let anybody run you down just because you started watching when the team was at its best. I became a fan in 94, just in time to see them make that classic playoff run. Havent been able to get enough of the team since then...even through some of those lean years.

I like bandwagon fans for several reasons:

1.) Creates a more exciting atmosphere during the playoffs

2.) Makes me feel more knowledgeable because I know way more than them

3.) Gives me something to complain about when the team loses and I'm upset :lol: (also explains this thread since we just went 0-1-1)

seo_bandwagon.jpg

Im the biggest Canuck fan/homer my friends,coworkers and family know. Im a diehard fan, but I take players sides all the time, and defend the team whenever.I hate other teams and other fans, and treat rival fans like foreigners. The end.

I hate people who criticize players on our team and they dont even follow the sport

Fake Fan:

Someone who follows the Canucks only because they are doing well and winning. Shows little to no knowledge about the team or the sport in general. Buys the team's jersey in the midst of the Stanley Cup Playoffs because it is the cool thing to do. Adamantly flaunts their love for the team, and only shows interest when it is a noticeable time to do so.

e.g. Our lovely premier Christy Clark, the #1 fake fan in the province.

smile.gif

Archived