The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you a Fake Fan?

Try Again

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll be honest here. I got into hockey because of the 2010-2011 playoff run (my first time ever watching a full run of hockey). I guess I was or still am (?) still considered as a bandwagoner/fake fan to all the true Canucks fans out there. After watching that amazing run, I knew I had to watching from the beginning (the regular season). I love it so far and I haven't missed any games (except when I'm working but usually I just watch the missed games from CanucksTV).

I'm still new with some hockey rules but I'm slowly growing accustomed to it. It's really nice to watch these games with my friends, family (I got them into it too) and even strangers in pubs. I want to witness and feel all that frustration and happiness you guys feel whenever Canucks win or lose. I don't know.. to me, it feels so surreal (sorry if I'm sounding like a drama queen but it's really hard to describe it). Looking back now, I wondered how I was able to live without hockey. Right now, I can't live without it :lol:

To all the true fans out there: Even though right now I am still considered as bandwagoner/fake fan to you guys, I am working my best to really become a "true fan". I love this team and I want to see them succeed just like you guys :) And even if they become Stanley cup winners in the future, I will not stop cheering for them and I will continue to watch every games afterward.

To be honest, I moved to Canada when I was ten (in 2001) and only started following the Canucks (and hockey in general) since the 2009 playoffs and have watched all games since (except when at the university or work) but I've taken a lot of time to research the team history as best I can and to try and find videos and articles on different things to either familiarize myself with the game or just the history of different teams, especially the Canucks. This season I bought a Kesler jersey and only a few weeks ago I went to my first game in Vancouver. Sometimes I'm really jealous of all those people that got to watch Linden, Naslund, Bure and others play...and to think I was here when Naslund and Linden were around :(

Really dude or dudette? This is the best you can come up with? No wonder other people think we are self entitled. Since when are we in competition to see who the "real" fans are? The more the merrier I always say. I don't need to see that someone knows Bieksa's sign or shoe size to see if they are legit or not. If they want to wear our colors, than more power to them. Mid-season, Playoffs or whatever. Otherwise "WE" would not "ALL" be Canucks.I just realized after reading the end of your rant that you are actually a female. So disregard the dude part. Do not disregard the fact that you are still making a lot of us look bad to other team's fans with your views.

WTH is this?

Seriously, WTH is this?

Are you one of those demented fans that doesn't want anyone else cheering for "your" team just becuase????

Please do us all a favour and stop cheering for the Canucks and cheer for a team like, for example, The Bruins.

Archived