The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 12 CDC SIM League

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Guest AriGold

Ari; You've been cryin' alot since the Heatley trade my friend - Perhaps I should have said alot more about the Fleury trade?; I hope I get you first in the playoffs so I can eliminate you so I don't have to listen to you whine as much. :P

With regards to your silly little asterisks;

I'd say put an asterisk beside your teams name too if you win anything but to be honest; I'm not spiteful enough to do that to somebody I consider a "friend" I'm sorry if this trade made you THAT mad & upset; though I honestly thought you were better than that to be so; again, spiteful over a silly little Sim League; you obviously care quite a bit to be posting about it nearly a week later - I remember you saying you didn't care about this league at all, so on that note I'm glad to see that your mind has been changed. :)

As I've said many many times before; I would have happily reversed the deal back from Webersbeard if HE had ANY issues with the deal; I still think it was a fair deal. Webersbeard traded away a superstar now; for a superstar later; and with the rest of his roster its a move that was sensible; personally I still think you and a few of the other people that responded initially were taking into consideration Paajarvi's recent AHL demotion. Paajarvi WAS a 1st Rder(10th Overall) and is only 20 years old with an 82 Overall. Though; I'll give you credit; you've got a lot of nerve complaining about my trades considering how badly and openly you've screwed people over. It's not like I was running around the forums shouting "zomg zomg I got Heatley in a sim league hahaha" I still think you're one of the coolest people I've met on the CDC forums, there are some times when we just won't agree - it's happened in trades in the past between us, and I'm sure this won't be the last time we have a disagreement, I hope you can move on and we can get back to being buddies.If not; I pity you for taking this thing we call the internet so seriously. Regardless; This is the last I will write to you about this on the forums as I consider it very old buisness; if you have anything you want to add; PM Me.

"Let it Be" My friend.

As for the rest of you that have an issue with the last deal I made; if you feel that strongly about a trade;Please; Speak up and request a veto or something, you're a part of this league too and your opinion matters.

To stop any of this BS in the future; I suggest implementing a system similar to ESPN/Yahoo; in which the GM's putting a trade(In this case, Myself and Webersbeard) through get to convince the rest of the league how a trade is going to benefit both teams(If Ari/VC have a problem with the deal)

Of course this is provided that our GMs can look at each trade fairly, analytically and intelligently...

Watching The team I've put together has been a blast;glad to see Dany has found his groove on my second line and that my scoring has picked up from my core group way I wanted it too. My cap situation next year is going to be interesting to say the least.. expect me to be busy as usual - Though I don't really want to be anymore as I've got a group I like playing here in Boston.

To Chimon; Daniel Alfredsson was re-signed near the beginning of the season for 1 Year @ 3.1 Million. Though personally I'm not sure if this signing should really be put through; as I have a hard time believing a player of Alfie's age would know exactly what he wants to do next season; all things considered. *shrug*

Cam Fowler also has this season and the next left on his contract.

Wilson, Prust & Johnson are my only FA's

Happy to see production from former player Magnus Paajarvi In NJ; hes been on a pretty good tear in NJ compared to what he had don in Boston. For the last few days it had looked to me like you had won that trade outright; Heatley just hadn't been putting up the points until yesterday! Also happy to see Kris Letang fitting in well in Tampa Bay with a salvagable 30 pts in 68 games.

Something I haven't mentioned at all this season; the Ilya Kovalchuk deal was the main trade that set me off on my second trading spree; prior to that trade I was very happy with my team and then I went into that 7-8 game losing streak and had to make a move quick to try and fix it; hence Kovalchuk & To a lesser extent; Cam Fowler

Most of this season has just been me trading to try and fix a couple of trades I NEVER should have made in the first place and put this team back on course, loading it up with some of my favourite players along the way.

One other thing I haven't mentioned; mainly because I'm still not entirely sure that it has any affect on the EA Sim Engine - is team strategies. You DO have the ability to change the way your team plays to some degree in NHL12(Forecheck, Defensive Pressure, etc) I do know it effects the way the computer playing when you are actually playing in-game, whether or not it affects the sim engine, again - No idea.

Based on my teams high scoring losses & wins; I'm inclined to believe that it is having an affect(I changed my teams strategy around the time I got Kovalchuk)

VC seemed to brush it off the same way I did earlier in the season, but I'm really beginning to wonder...

I'm excited for the play-offs,the draft & Free Agency and am looking forward to trading with & competing against everybody again(And posting again too! XD)

Peace & Love to everyone - even those of you that hate me.

Also;A huge Thank you to VC for all the work(again). I don't know how you do it; I would go batcrap crazy having to go over 30 spreadsheets every night; checking trades and updating rosters; Good god how repetitve; My ADHD brain is facedesking at the thought!

medium.pngNew York Rangers 5 | 2 New York Islanders medium.png

(New York Rangers Win Series 4-1)

medium.png

Marion Gaborik (3) Ryan Callahan

Peter Regin (3) Kevin Porter, Ryan Whitney

Mats Zuccarello (1) Artem Anisimov, Ron Hainsey

Brad Richards (4) Milan Hejduk, Ryan Whitney

Michael Del Zotto (2) Ryan Callahan, Henrik Lundqvist

Henrik Lundqvist (W)

medium.png

Michael Grabner (2) Johnny Boychuk

Michael Grabner (3) Sidney Crosby, Matt Moulson