The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 12 CDC SIM League

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

How does retirement work in this league? Like does the computer just pick an age to make people retire or does is pick random people? Like I know Selanne won't play another season in real life but I want to know how it goes here.

ANNOUNCEMENT

I wanted to create a poll but I wasn't able to, anyways

Do you guys want players to retire in this game?? If the majority decide yes then we will have to come up with a way to implement this

At what age?

If there performance starts to decline?

Basically the important factor is when will guys retire

Let me know what you think either by the thread or PM

Perhaps my original simming idea would work for this?

Sim a season in BeaGM mode and post the retirements that the game automatically generates at the end of the year, this way there isn't a specific set time, its sort of a diceroll with a simmed season.

I would prefer retirements, but I think when a player reaches 39 or 40, the player should play, then play the next season, and if the stats drop by quite a bit, they should retire. But if they do quite well then they can stay for a bit longer. Then they have to retire maybe 43 or at the complete latest 44

I dont think its fair for there to be any set system for retirement. Why would Selanne retire in Dallas with the season he is having? His overall shouldn't decrease either.

There are some players in the league that have been "immune" to age, or at least resistant to it, Lidstrom, Selanne, Roloson, Thomas, Chara, Pronger to name a few

I've been meaning to bring this up for awhile, but I just don't feel its fair to drop the older players ratings based on age alone, there are too many guys that have been good well into old age and don't deserve a ratings drop; perhaps just their physical ratings, things like Strength Speed & Endurance? another example is Ray Whitney; the guy seems to go on forever.

Archived