Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carlweezer

**Comparing Cody Hodgson to Claude Giroux**

171 posts in this topic

OK ... I get the part where the backgrounds sound somewhat similar, but I'd have to disagree. First off, CoHo is far faaaaaar removed from leading the NHL in scoring, I won't rule that out but even if it happens it won't any time soon.

Secondly, your little timeline loses its integrity when you get to the part of putting Giroux on the top line, b/c that's just not going to happen with CoHo with the way this team is built right now. We're not trading away the Sedins the way the Flyers shipped Carter and Richards. No way. These guys are Canucks for life and I will be absolutely shocked if we don't end up seeing big posters marked 22 and 33 side-by-side up in the rafters.

3 years ago did you ever think the Flyers would trade Mike Richards? or Jeff Carter..

I'm not comparing Hodgson now to Giroux now either..read the post.

While I would love to see Hodgson be like Giroux, I just don't ever see it happening.

I can see him becoming a solid 60-70 point guy, where Giroux is going to be a perennial Art Ross contender.

If you watch Giroux skate you will see the difference. Not saying Hodgson doesn't have the opportunity to become a good player but watch Giroux on the powerplay and you'll see he is able to easily skate the puck into the zone like Kesler

I've always compared Hodgson to a guy like Paul Stastny. Great playmaker and 2-way abilities. Consistent 70-80 point player.

While I would love to see Hodgson be like Giroux, I just don't ever see it happening.

I can see him becoming a solid 60-70 point guy, where Giroux is going to be a perennial Art Ross contender.

but thats the thing with projections, you never know the development a player will make....21 teams made the mistake of not drafting Giroux, and the developments he has made has been amazing but who is to say Cody wont develop the same?

Giroux was a 47 point player his rookie year its not like people were saying he was an art ross candidate back then.....

I've always compared Hodgson to a guy like Paul Stastny. Great playmaker and 2-way abilities. Consistent 70-80 point player.

wouldn't mind this for Cody either.

Giroux is also waaaay faster than Hodgson. Cody has 2 summers to prepare himself but even that won't put him up where Giroux is right now.

Heh. Only a few months ago 'we' were writing him off altogether...

TOML

"You can lead a hockey player to water, but only Shane O'Brien will drink."

If Cody was given the ice time that Giroux gets, along with playing with wingers that can actually finish, he'd be getting tons of points.

Upon Booth's return

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Booth

Raymond Hodgson Hansen

Malhotra Lapierre Ebbet/Bitz

3 years ago did you ever think the Flyers would trade Mike Richards? or Jeff Carter..

I'm not comparing Hodgson now to Giroux now either..read the post.

3 years ago, were Richards and Carter the go to guys for the Flyers to reach the Stanley Cup Finals? Were they back to back Art Ross trophy winners? Did they have consecutive 100 point seasons? Were they consistently worthy of being considered league MVPs?

It's not even fair to compare them to the Sedins. They're good but not that good. I guess we'll see if the twins get traded in 3 seasons, but logic dictates that it would take an utter disaster for that to happen.

Edit: also, I think you misread my post. I never implied that you were comparing Hodgson to Giroux right now. That doesn't mean I think Hodgson has a good chance of becoming the next Giroux. He's far removed from something like that and it would take a lot of good things to happen.

Upon Booth's return

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Booth

Raymond Hodgson Hansen

Malhotra Lapierre Ebbet/Bitz

I think Raymond will stay with Booth and Kes

then Hodgson will have Hansen and Higgins. Great checking line with finish capability

Giroux is also more than 2 years older...who knows where Cody Hodgson will be in around 200 games from now.

Giroux's first full year with the Flyers he scored 16 goals 31 assists for 47 pts.. This year is Cody's first full year w. the Nux and after 34 games he is on pace to score 17 goals and 43 pts.

Only 2 years older. Not more than 2 years

3 years ago, were Richards and Carter the go to guys for the Flyers to reach the Stanley Cup Finals? Were they back to back Art Ross trophy winners? Did they have consecutive 100 point seasons? Were they consistently worthy of being considered league MVPs?

It's not even fair to compare them to the Sedins. They're good but not that good. I guess we'll see if the twins get traded in 3 seasons, but logic dictates that it would take an utter disaster for that to happen.

Edit: also, I think you misread my post. I never implied that you were comparing Hodgson to Giroux right now. That doesn't mean I think Hodgson has a good chance of becoming the next Giroux. He's far removed from something like that and it would take a lot of good things to happen.

who says they are getting traded?

I was comparing how Giroux started on the 3rd line , same with Hodgson.