The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

canuckster19

I'm not really sure how he got such a big push so quickly when they have held guys like MVP and Kennedy down in the past before parting ways, those guys I could actually see as guys that mainevent every PPV, are always in the "world title match" and carry the title for long reigns.

I'm just not sold on Sheamus at all.

More Tweets by Nash on nWo.

"CM Punk can pick who he wants if not me I'm cool with that .just think the brand is so strong an he can continue it with his skill and edge"

"We can make this happen.Wear your NWO shirts ,bring NWO signs and chant NWO when our Champion comes out! The NWO must live on C.M Punk is it"

http://twitter.com/RealKevinNash

Bryan's a plug too, and so is Otung and whoever else these no name guys are, WWE is really rushing Talent now, half a year after there debut these guys are main eventing every show and are the world champions and crap.

If TNA could get better storylines they would be much better, cause there talent is 100 times better.

What? Bryan won the world title a year within his debut, Otung was an "NXT rookie" next thing you know he is in the mainevents.

WWE is rushing talent, TNA has much better talent, when you look at both roster's and compare them, there's not much of a comparison with a few expections.

WWE has a some guys but TNA has alot of guys and there good wrestlers, that if they were in WWE, based on how they are rushing talent, would be over and would be top guys.

Why are we even beginning to compare Otunga to Daniel Bryan? Lol. Come on now.

Whether or not Daniel Bryan should have been given a shot at the time was questionable, but he has shown it was a great decision. Good in the ring, and good on the mic. He's gotten a lot more comfortable since he's won the title. He has been one of the only bright spots during these post Wrestlemania blah's.

Also read a few pages ago about Dolph Ziggler being called a plug. Lol, what? If you cannot take Ziggler as a contender, there's no point in grooming anyone for these kinds of shots. The guy has been waiting patiently for his chance, and he more than deserves an oppurtunity at this point.

It's easy to just call everyone a plug, and watch the exact same guys headline and win every show, but that's how a product gets stale. All talent has to be given a real chance to make their mark.

Yes, the company does have a problem with rushing talent, but it's more about their favouritism. The reason people seem rushed is because the people in charge spend literally all their time dedicated to promoting their established main eventers. All other competitors have to forego any sense of legitimacy in order to continually put these same "Superstars" over, time and time again.

They rush the people they like, and they push the people they <3. That favouritism is what brings them down. The people at the top of the company want you to like what they like, damn what it does to the product. This is a problem, and it's one that won't be going away with the WWE anytime soon.

Also, with Smackdown, God am I happy Rey Mysterio did not win that match... but in truth, I don't think I wanted anyone to win that match. Del Rio's been going after Sheamus forever now, and it wasn't interesting the first 3 times. Daniel Bryan already went from competing for the heavyweight title, straight to competing for the WWE title, and to have him come back again for heavyweight title is too much. Kane? Kane vs. Sheamus for the title sounds unbelievably boring.

But the problem here is primarily with Sheamus. He has a godawfully boring and one dimensional character, and it makes any rivalry hard to get going. But this guy is not going to be losing. And if he does happen to lose, he'll keep his full status, because he's HHH's new toy.

Also that Jinder Mahal vs. Ryback match made me lol. I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of that match was. Jinder Mahal kicks Ryback's ass but still runs away. If there's a way to have a match between two potential upstarts, and you find a way to make both of them look bad.... That's pretty impressive.

Why are we even beginning to compare Otunga to Daniel Bryan? Lol. Come on now.

Whether or not Daniel Bryan should have been given a shot at the time was questionable, but he has shown it was a great decision. Good in the ring, and good on the mic. He's gotten a lot more comfortable since he's won the title. He has been one of the only bright spots during these post Wrestlemania blah's.

Also read a few pages ago about Dolph Ziggler being called a plug. Lol, what? If you cannot take Ziggler as a contender, there's no point in grooming anyone for these kinds of shots. The guy has been waiting patiently for his chance, and he more than deserves an oppurtunity at this point.

It's easy to just call everyone a plug, and watch the exact same guys headline and win every show, but that's how a product gets stale. All talent has to be given a real chance to make their mark.

Yes, the company does have a problem with rushing talent, but it's more about their favouritism. The reason people seem rushed is because the people in charge spend literally all their time dedicated to promoting their established main eventers. All other competitors have to forego any sense of legitimacy in order to continually put these same "Superstars" over, time and time again.

They rush the people they like, and they push the people they <3. That favouritism is what brings them down. The people at the top of the company want you to like what they like, damn what it does to the product. This is a problem, and it's one that won't be going away with the WWE anytime soon.

Loved "The Animal" when I was a kid. Was he involved at all in the run up to the 1000th RAW or the 1000th RAW at all?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE Hall of Famer Calls Montreal Screwjob “A Joke”; How Randy Savage Acted Backstage

By Daniel Pena

Jul 30, 2012 - 11:19:27 AM

WWE Hall of Famer George "The Animal" Steele joined Inside The Ropes radio this past Thursday. Here are the highlights:

On his character becoming nonsensical in his promos: "I did my own interviews and I was very articulate in the WWF when I got there but once they called me The Animal, and I was doing an interview with Vince and he said I was making too much sense for an animal so I turned into the ooh ooh aah guy and became the comedy character and it was a great run."

On working WrestleMania 2 with Randy Savage: "I had a great time. It was not as stressful as when I wrestled Bruno because Bruno and I were hardcore. I was a cartoon character with Randy so it was easier. Randy was in all honesty, a very jealous guy about Elizabeth and what you saw was sort of real. So then the further I went on TV to make him jealous and the further I got, the angrier he was."

Memories of WrestleMania 3: "It was about twelve miles from home. The Savage/Steamboat thing was Not my kinda match. I heard them talk that match for three weeks, I was sick of hearing about it. They called the spots, it was a great match but there was no psychology. Andre was a very good friend, Vince and Hogan did not know what Andre would do when he got to the ring if he’d lay down. He sort of kayfabed them. I’m sitting watching, laughing my tail off because I knew what Andre would do. When Hogan slammed Andre, that made him."

Why he left WWF in 1989: "I was deathly ill with Crohns disease. I was in hospital for a month, and I knew it was all over, I couldn’t keep wrestling. I didn’t know I’d have to retire, but once I got to hospital, I knew it was over."

On being inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame in 1995 and founding the PWHOF: "It was fine. they brought my family in. After my induction they didn’t do any inductions for years. I talked to this guy Tony Mollano who’s responsible for the boxing hall of fame and I told him there wasn’t a physical building, and so we set up the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in Amsterdam, New York. It’s a good thing. We’re not in competition with Vince. But we have a building people can come along and take a look at history."

Thoughts on Montreal Screwjob: "To me that’s one of the biggest jokes in wrestling of all time. Lets be honest, who did Bret Hart beat to win the belt? They give him the belt and then he can’t drop the belt in his own country? Give me a frickin break. By Vince doing the double cross Vince became the hottest thing in the business when all he did was take his belt back. He outdid everyone who walked away like Hulk and Bret."

Quick Fire Thoughts:

Hulk Hogan - Right place, right time.

Bret Hart - Lucky.

John Cena - Johnny come lately.

Ric Flair - needed the belt.

Undertaker - One of a kind.

The Rock - Great.

Ultimate Warrior - (Laughs) Thats all I have to say.

To hear the rest of the interview where Steele talks about coming up with his ring name, facing Sammartino at MSG, The experience of WrestleMania 2 being in 3 cities, starring in Tim Burton’s Ed Wood and his faith and lack of involvement with wrestling in recent years, click here.

Yeah but people haven't bought into him (bryan) as a true maineventer, and that's the problem with rushing guys, you really have to buy into people and there character, to me the people who have been long time wrestling fans might have a tough time buying into the guy, I know having a tough time buying into him as a maineventer, because he was rushed, it's like he debuted against lower guys, then all of the sudden he's with the better guys, and doing well and then he is the world champion, there isn't that time to build his character. I know I haven't really bought into him yet.

Maybe the newer crowd has but I think as a long time wrestling fan after being spoiled with the previous talent that I find a hard time buying into him.

And yes I did watch it, not live but I saw the full show of it on youtube and the match lasted what 18 seconds? They blew that match off right away, shows just how important it was, and I was happy it ended so quickly because I wasnt that interested in it, the quick ending was a pleasent surprise for me.

Archived