The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

canuckster19

Because the WWE treats their heels like jokes. And with Brock, they finally got a real monster, but since his return, they let him be nothing but a joke. They've actually worked to make him less impressive, and wear down the momentum he had just by returning. People want to see a force go out and clear house in a legitimate way, and they hadn't let him.

I wanted to see HHH put his giant ego aside for once, and do the right thing for the quality of the product. And I'm happy he did today. He had no reason to win today, and it's nice to see he didn't make that so.

Pretty much the only thing of significance that happened today since none of the other storylines right now are remotely interesting.

Seriously, just having Sandow appear at the PPV would have me singing better praises right now.

Happy to see HHH finally put someone over for the first time in his life. Punk winning is good. Glad WWE did not fu** everything up.

ERR EDIT: WHY THE HECK DID JERICHO WIN. Should have put over Ziggler especially considering he will be gone now with Fozzie. Absolutely stupid

-Cesaro should feud with Christian for the title, once he's done with Santino. Would help Cesaro and the title get over.

-Jericho vs. Ziggler was a great match, Ziggler should've won.

-Kane vs. Bryan is definitely gonna continue through to the next PPV.

-Mysterio vs. Miz was a solid match, and nice to see a heel win cleanly.

-I enjoyed the world title match, up until the ending. WTF was with the shoe and the foot on the ropes? Unfortunately, this feud will likely continue.

-Generic tag match, the division is getting back on it's feet.

-Triple threat was boring, and the double submission was unnecessary. Hilarious how Punk was unanimously cheered and Cena was booed by 80% of the crowd.

-The main event was a pretty mediocre match, but at least Lesnar won.

Agreed. Ziggler should have been winning. Again, I'm not sure why they keep burying him. I'm getting the sense that he'll either cash in the money in the bank unsuccessfully, or he'll have a very short reign. They had the perfect opportunity to use Y2J to put him over, and they blew it. I thought the entire point of the rivalry was going to be to put Ziggler over.

Shocked that Jericho won. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a problem putting over young talent (remember John Morrison beat him last time he left) so I'm left confused. Like the guy above said, I would of liked to see him walk away broken/disappointed but become a force when he comes back (WWE Championship run).

----

Didn't even bother watching the ADR/Sheamus and Miz/Rey matches, how were they?

---

Lame WWE title triple-threat match. It was pretty obvious from the start that Big Show was there to let Punk win without going over Cena. Show is a big snooze-fest and the guy above^ who would rather have him as the champ instead of Punk is crazy :P

---

Kane is also boring, IMO... I wish they'd give Bryan a better program because he's probably the most "entertaining" character right now.

---

Glad HHH was able to put his ego aside and let Lesnar win this one. Hopefully Lesnar's future is a lot brighter than his last couple months since he has returned.

They should just really have Show be the IC champ and kill everyone, the poor loyal giant of the WWE works so hard just to let other wrestlers win. He is not in that top title tier anymore but perfectly fits the spot to be a destructive force in the mid card tier and just kill everyone to win the IC title.

They should just really have Show be the IC champ and kill everyone, the poor loyal giant of the WWE works so hard just to let other wrestlers win. He is not in that top title tier anymore but perfectly fits the spot to be a destructive force in the mid card tier and just kill everyone to win the IC title.

I don't get why people think Ziggler needed that win. It's not like he lost to Tyson Kidd or anything. He lost to a future Hall of Famer and one of the best all-around wrestlers in the biz. Ziggler didn't need to be put over by Jericho to look strong, because he holds the MITB briefcase. All he needed to do was to put on a great match with Jericho and that's exactly what he did.

Jericho needed this win more than anything. Ever since Jericho returned he's been putting guys over (Punk and Shaemus) in every PPVs he's been in and it's about damn time Jericho gets rewarded. Beside, if Jericho did happened to lose this match, his whole returned would have been pointless.

BTW, great to see the OLD Walls of Jericho aka. Liontamer back.

I don't get why people think Ziggler needed that win. It's not like he lost to Tyson Kidd or anything. He lost to a future Hall of Famer and one of the best all-around wrestlers in the biz. Ziggler didn't need to be put over by Jericho to look strong, because he holds the MITB briefcase. All he needed to do was to put on a great match with Jericho and that's exactly what he did.

Jericho needed this win more than anything. Ever since Jericho returned he's been putting guys over (Punk and Shaemus) in every PPVs he's been in and it's about damn time Jericho gets rewarded. Beside, if Jericho did happened to lose this match, his whole returned would have been pointless.

BTW, great to see the OLD Walls of Jericho aka. Liontamer back.

At today's SummerSlam Axxess event at the Nokia Plaza at L.A. LIVE, a fan brought a sign reading "BE A STAR" and featuring a printed screenshot of WWE chief Vince McMahon distorting his face in a backstage segment on Raw two months ago to ridicule Jim Ross' facial paralysis—it was confiscated by security.

The Wrestling Observer reported then that there was concern among WWE higher-ups over McMahon's mean-spirited portrayal of Ross as it could blow up in the organization's face if media outlets and Linda McMahon's U.S. Senate competition caught wind of it. The Creative Coalition, which formed a multi-platform, nationwide anti-bullying alliance with WWE, "be a STAR," would appear hypocritical by conducting business with an organization that practices what they preach against.

Archived