The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

canuckster19

Ha! I remember when ol' Pat Patty and Gerald Brisco were somewhat of the big deal old timey duo in the late 90s who always got beat up but sometimes would have a shining moment. God I hate them both...

"First intercontinental champion ever blah blah blahh"

Scary stuff. I hope Lawler is okay.

More on what happened...

UPDATE: F4WOnline reports that Lawler had was appeared like a seizure and he was carried back to the backstage area. The crew is cleaning the floor; Lawler may have vomited and he did fall off his chair.

The report says that backstage during the commercial break, people were "running all over the place seemingly not knowing what to do."

ORIGINAL: Arda Ocal of The Score has noted on Twitter that Jerry Lawler looks to have collapsed while doing commentary at Raw. Ocal posted:

Something is going on with Jerry Lawler right now at the commentary table... It looks like he collapsed. Not part of show.

He is being carried away by personnel to the backstage area. He appeared unconscious as he was being carried.

I sincerely hope Jerry is OK. When I looked over he was hunched over convulsing in his seat and collapsed, then multiple ppl carried him out

More on this story as soon as we know anything.

Cole said with respect to what happened to Lawler there will be no more commentary throughout the show. I'm not sure if that's a deliberate choice or to make the most out of a terrible situation. Cole seems greatly affected, as one would expect. I just hope Lawler is alright. I'm very worried with how Cole is acting.

Praying for a full recovery for Jerry, love or hate him, the man is a legend in the business. Word going around is that he had to be shocked back to life and was clinically dead for several minutes.

----------------------------------------------------

Jerry Lawler's Girlfriend Releases a Statement, Confirms Heart Attack Reports

By Marc Middleton

Sep 11, 2012 - 1:14:47 AM

- The following statement was sent to us via Facebook from Jerry Lawler's girlfriend Lauryn McBride:

"Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been confirmed that Jerry did have a heart attack…he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable. I’m getting on the first flight out of here to be with him & will keep everyone posted. He is a strong man and we will get him back at his best as soon as I can get him home! I love you so so much baby!!"

Yikes, scary that something like that happens at a live event, be it a live televised event.

Hope Jerry recovers fine and even if he couldn't return to the desk full time, at least be able to do a couple full shows so he can retire on a good note (i.e. Wrestlemania with JR). Hope this wasn't brought on by having those rare matches once or twice a year now that he's no longer a full time in-ring performer.

Kudos to Michael Cole though, as much as I dislike the guy he handled the situation about as well as anyone could who saw a working partner (and likely friend) suffer a serious medical emergancy. Just like JR and Lawler had to do with Owen Hart, I can't imagine having to sit in that chair and communicate with a large audience on a level like that.

Get well soon King!

And I don't think the rest of Raw matters at this point, though it was nice to hear Bret get the big pop from the always loud and great Montreal fans. Man they should have a Wrestlemania in Olympic Stadium one year, the arena would blow up!

awesome crowd tonight. new respect for cena tonight. that promo was awesome. pretty damn good show actually. hopefully king recovers. when the crowd started chanting "you can't wrestle" cena owned them all going on saying he can't even lace bret hart's boots. kane and daniel bryan. awesome. can't wait to see where this all goes. looks like punk was buried tonight lol

According to reports, Lawler was clinically dead for 20 minutes. Get well King and fight through this!

UPDATE x8: Wrestlingobserver reports that it is confirmed that jerry Lawler suffered a heart attack on Raw last night. He is not completely out of danger, but is breathing on his own and his heart is beating on his own.

Smith Hart posted the following on Twitter about the situation..

"According to my friend Jeremy Prophet who was backstage at RAW, Jerry was clinically dead for 20 min before being brought back by defibrilat."

UPDATE x9: WWE.com released the following official statement on Jerry Lawler's condition…

Jerry "The King" Lawler suffered a heart attack while commentating during last night's broadcast of Monday Night Raw in Montreal. We are hopeful Jerry makes a full recovery and returns to WWE in the near future. Our thoughts are with Jerry and his family.

UPDATE x10: Jerry Lawler is expected to undergo a minor procedure today, where he will have a stent placed in his heart. The procedure will be done as soon as he is physically able to go through it. Lawler's girlfriend is flying to Montreal this morning to be with him.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

UPDATE x11: Jerry Lawler's ex-wife Stacy Carter provided an update regarding Lawler's, posting the following on Twitter…

"He had a stint and balloon put in. Right now he is still heavily sedated. Will update when I know more."

Archived