Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1960 replies to this topic

#391 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm hoping the whole Theodore Long and John Laurinaitis angle leads to a brand merger. Then move the Night of Champions PPV up and have all the championship mergers.

That would be a brilliant. It's too bad the WWE has a serious aversion to good ideas though.

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#392 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,727 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

So... how 'bout that Santino?

Love it! He is hugely over with the fans and fun to watch. Always curious to see what he'll say and/or do next.

2qnqykg.jpg

#393 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Had a great time in Boston, can't wait until The Rock Concert III. The first 2 will be tough acts to follow, but if anyone can do it, it is the jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eyebrow raising, people's champ The Rock.

#394 westsideconnect

westsideconnect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,707 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

I found it funny that The Rock's whole premise last night was about him and the fans being sick of him being shoved down their throats, yet by the 2nd "History Lesson" vignette I was tired of seeing The Rock.

I may be one in a milllion, but The Rock has already worn out his welcome IMO. Cena's gets ragged on for "Same old sh*t?", The Rock hasn't had a new line in 14 years.

Cena is owning him by the way, I have a lot more respect for Cena than The Rock.
Matthew 6:33

#395 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

not according to the ratings. On some nights they do only a little better than what TNA does. Lots of shows are not sold out, I remember a while back they drew around 5000 people. All they do is push everybody onto the side that the camera sees and film it accordingly, if they still don't have enough people they give out tonnes of free tickets.

Yikes. That's saying a lot, considering TNA is quite the snooze fest.

I found it funny that The Rock's whole premise last night was about him and the fans being sick of him being shoved down their throats, yet by the 2nd "History Lesson" vignette I was tired of seeing The Rock.

I may be one in a milllion, but The Rock has already worn out his welcome IMO. Cena's gets ragged on for "Same old sh*t?", The Rock hasn't had a new line in 14 years.

Cena is owning him by the way, I have a lot more respect for Cena than The Rock.

This makes sense, but a lot of Rock fans just adore The Rock's same ol' lines.
Posted Image

#396 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'd bet good money all these guys bashing The Rock are 16 or under. Rock was the face of the WWE in it's most successful year(2000) EVER. Get over yourselves and stop drinking the cena kool-aid.

Edited by Dwayne The Rock Johnson, 06 March 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#397 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Im 26.. And Im getting sick of it.. They really need these 2 doing something more leading up to WM.. And 'story' wise.. Cena is owning The Rock.

#398 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

29 here and I was a regular viewer in the late 90's and early 2000's when Rock was in his prime and I can honestly say he was never one of my favourites. HHH has been my favourite since the 2000 Rumble when he had an epic match with Foley that really launched him as a main eventer.

You could visibly see the surprise in The Rock when the crowd started chanting "Tooth Fairy". He looked legitimately hurt. He also looked legitimately pissed at Cena. I've been around long enough to know when the guys are breaking kayfabe, and I have to say that there is undeniably an undercurrent of truth to the promos Cena's been delivering. It is borderline uncomfortable to watch sometimes, but I love the tension it's creating for their match. How the hell are they ever going to pick a winner between these two guys? I think it's probably best for everyone if Rock wins, actually, but I don't think that's quite what I want to happen. I also don't want to see Cena "overcome the odds" again. So ... what do they do?

#399 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,727 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

Posted Image

Some of what you what you won't be seeing tonight on Smackdown (Photo by Benjamin Tucker)
One of the big stories of the last few weeks has been the anemic attendance at WWE SmackDown brand events, including TV tapings. One recent taping only drew about 1,500 paid.

To make the buildings look presentable, WWE has been giving away tickets like crazy, covering many seats with curtains and tarps and seating fans only on the side of the arena facing the hard camera and on the floor of the opposite side. Photos of the setups have been circulating online more and more in recent weeks, and they're incredibly embarrassing.

http://bleacherrepor...vent-attendance

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 07 March 2012 - 12:29 AM.

2qnqykg.jpg

#400 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,727 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

This would explain why we haven't seen Kharma, my condolences to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Unborn Baby Did Not Survive the Birth

Posted Image
WWE star Kia Stevens did not deliver a healthy baby boy on December 31st, despite what she told friends. Kia tells TMZ the child tragically died before she was able to give birth.

Kia tells us she is still devastated over the loss ... and initially lied to friends about the child being "healthy" because she was incredibly emotional and was afraid to tell the public the truth after announcing her pregnancy on live TV.

Kia says she's finally coming to grips with everything ... and wants to help other women in her situation.

"I am planning to start a foundation for women that have experienced the same thing" ... Kia says ... adding, "It's a bigger club than people think."

Kia tells us she's already organizing several events to raise awareness ... and will have information about her foundation available on her Twitter page in the near future.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 07 March 2012 - 01:56 AM.

2qnqykg.jpg

#401 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

The fans chanting "tooth fairy" made my day. Epic moment.

@ the empty SmackDown seats. Wow.
Posted Image

#402 awalk

awalk

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,219 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

The fans chanting "tooth fairy" made my day. Epic moment.

@ the empty SmackDown seats. Wow.

That was hilarious. And yes, the Rock actually looked pissed.

I haven't watched wrestling in years, used to be a huge fan when I was younger...I've been watching it recently because I'm enjoying seeings guys like HHH, Undertaker, HBK, The Rock, and Chris Jericho all having one more kick at the can. I might actually get wresltemania this year! I'll probably be disappointed by whatevs...

On the Rock,

He has lost a step for sure. Maybe it's because it's old. Maybe it's because we know now how much he is actually "acting;" whereas, before, he was just a wrestler and the fact that he had such good mic skills was amazing. Now it's like, great, this is totally scripted, and I know you can act. None of this is edgy anymore. Also the whole twitter and trending obsession is just lame. Lame. Forcing stupid lines like "kung pow bitch" just so he can say it's trending. Weak. I don't like Cena either but he is absolutely owning the Rock in the mic game so far.

Maybe they should have the Rock go heel for a while...could re energize his persona. I remember when he was the most hated guy in the biz for a couple of years after he pushed Farooq out of the Nation of Domination

Edited by awalk, 07 March 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#403 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Condolences to Kharma. Looks like there won't be a Beth Phoenix/Kharma match at WrestleMania.

Looks like it will be Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly or something like that. :picard:

Has Tamina Snuka and Beth Phoenix had television time since the Elimination Chamber?

Posted Image

#404 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,736 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Looks like it will be Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly or something like that. :picard:

We call that a beer break.

#405 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Have any of you ever considered the fact that The Rock is being held back by WWE? They don't want him to make the "franchise" look like a complete idiot. You don't believe me? Watch this youtube promo The Rock did months ago that was never aired on WWE TV.

Those of you who think The Rock has lost a step, this video shows otherwise. He is just not allowed to do this on WWE programming. The fact that WWE didn't air this proves that.

#406 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

That wasnt an actual WWE produced video..

#407 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

You might be sick of him, but the fact is, The WWE needs The Rock more then The Rock needs the WWE.

And those history lessons segments were just pure gold. Better than anything the WWE has put together in the past year or so.

15rntht.png

#408 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

That wasnt an actual WWE produced video..

Duh....that is entirely the point. He could never say that on ANY WWE broadcast.

#409 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

how? wat exactly did cena do on monday to "own" the rock?

because this one clip is better then anything ive cena do in the last 5 years

Edited by AfterMath35, 07 March 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Posted Image

#410 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Duh....that is entirely the point. He could never say that on ANY WWE broadcast.

Wait... I thought you were the Rock. ARE THERE TWO DIFFERENT ROCKS?

NaturalHotAfricanporcupine.gif

#411 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

The great one talks in 3rd person.

#412 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

So TMZ is reporting there is a Hulk Hogan sex tape floating around...not with his ex-wife or current wife, but some other woman.

Could care less, but if it does surface, I'd be interested to watch it if they had "Real American" playing over it.

Hogan + sextape = :picard:

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#413 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

The Rock concert 3 should be awesome.

The great one talks in 3rd person.

The Rock would say "The Rock could never say that on...." instead of "he could never said that on....".

Edited by Madness, 07 March 2012 - 05:34 PM.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#414 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

The Rock would say "The Rock could never say that on...." instead of "he could never said that on....".

The Rock says "he" all the time. Why are you telling The Rock how The Rock talks?

Edited by Dwayne The Rock Johnson, 07 March 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#415 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

We call that a beer break.

Are you kidding? I call it eye candy time. Eve Torres, rawr.
Posted Image

#416 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,736 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Are you kidding? I call it eye candy time. Eve Torres, rawr.

But when are you gonna get beer?

#417 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Have the beer ready before it starts.. Just crack one open.. Drink and enjoy the 'candy' ;)

#418 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

But when are you gonna get beer?

Believe me, there's enough commercials throughout the damn show to go get a beer. Or you could always get up when one of the Smackdown superstars is coming out. :picard:
Posted Image

#419 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,736 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Believe me, there's enough commercials throughout the damn show to go get a beer. Or you could always get up when one of the Smackdown superstars is coming out. :picard:

Unfortunately, such is not the case at a live show. I could go during intermission, but there's way too many people then.

#420 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

Unfortunately, such is not the case at a live show. I could go during intermission, but there's way too many people then.

They never come here anyways (assuming you're from Vancouver).
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.